Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Preuss is older and not as good as Witts. Has more presence, but if witts'case was a precedent then it would seem likely North will get unders.

Dogs need a stop gap. I’ve wanted Stef Martin the last two years. English will be ready to go soon.
I agree, English will be a very good player in a couple of years. How would you feel about;

North to WB: Pick 10 + Pick 53 + Goldy (equivalent to Pick 42)
WB to North: Pick 5 + Pick 60

Preuss is 2 years younger than Witts....

And older I believe at the time of trade, or about the same age, if I was North I'd push for a pick between 15-20 though if the market is good.
Pies did get well unders for Witts.

I agree, English will be a very good player in a couple of years. How would you feel about;

If we didn’t believe we could get Rankine at our first pick I’d very seriously consider that.

And older I believe at the time of trade, or about the same age, if I was North I'd push for a pick between 15-20 though if the market is good.
What has age at the time of the trade got to do with it? Each trade is done by a trade by trade basis. We can hang onto Preuss if we don't like the deal

Geelong bound.

Really? I rate Preuss but also see we don't really have a choice as we've two issues. One we do not want to take TT with our first pick, not sure Pruess helps that? Second we have Goldy, Daw and young Xerri. As much as I'd like us to keep Preuss we need some outside pace/class more than another ruck option.

6 touches, 1 mark, 13 hitouts, 1 goal (Soldo) vs 13 touches, 4 marks, 43 hitouts, 1.1 goals (Preuss) on the weekend- I think answers your question from earlier in the year.
Soldo basically only played ruck in the last quarter, ccj was our main ruck
Soldo was coming off an injury thats why he played so little ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss is older and not as good as Witts. Has more presence, but if witts'case was a precedent then it would seem likely North will get unders.

If traded this year - which he will not be - he'd be roughly a year younger than Witts was at the time he was traded.

IMO the Lions need another ruck as Stefan Martin only has a year or 2 left, who would the VFL watchers take Soldo or Preuss?

IMO the Lions need another ruck as Stefan Martin only has a year or 2 left, who would the VFL watchers take Soldo or Preuss?

Not going to happen. He isn't going to move to a club to sit behind a different number 1 ruckman. You can rule out quite a few clubs in this way. I wish our club would have the balls to make a call on Sam Jacobs. If we were to make a move for Pruess, we would have to make the decision on Sauce at the end of this year. We are not known for making these tough calls on our better players as they come to the ends of their careers. Since we wont do that, I don't think we have any chance of getting Pruess either. Which sucks because he is pretty much number 1 on the list of players I want us to bring in during the trade period.

Not sure he wants to fall to 4th ruck behind Smith, Stanley and Buzza

Crows bound. Jacobs will play about 13-18 games next year as a transition out
If Stanley form the pass 6 weeks was as good as it has, Stanley definitely be our number 1 ruck... But do we keep on thinking Stanley form will continue for years ahead.? I'm not sure, but I would love Pruess at Geelong, but in honest you cant give away a round 2 pick as he can't get a 1s game in all fairness, plus you can't ask what his worth on potential as it's to much of a massive risk. Pittonet has a lot of Potential to.. .
That means Tim Kelly is worth 2 X 1st round picks if you go by that...

Last edited:
If Stanley form the pass 6 weeks was as good as it has, he would of definitely been our number 1 ruck... But do we keep on thinking Stanley for will continue for years ahead.? I'm not sure, but I would love him at Geelong, but in honest you can give away a round 2 pick as he can't get a 1s game in all fairness, plus you can't ask what his worth on potential as it's to much of a massive risk.
That means Tim Kelly is worth 2 X 1st round picks if you go by that...
Wtf did I just try and read?

Too risky for us to drop back and risk having to use our first pick on West should someone else bid. No chance anyone bids on him at 5. Some chance they do around 10.

Not sure he wants to fall to 4th ruck behind Smith, Stanley and Buzza

Crows bound. Jacobs will play about 13-18 games next year as a transition out

Are you extracting the urine?

Preuss leads the VFL hitouts by a long long way at the moment.

He'd start over all of them right now.

Are you extracting the urine?

Preuss leads the VFL hitouts by a long long way at the moment.

He'd start over all of them right now.
Ah no. Stanley's form over the past 7 or 8 weeks has been exceptional. Ranked above your very own gun ruck that is keeping Preuss in the Magoos. Buzza on the other hand...possibly the worst ruck we've seen at afl level this year so he's definitely got him covered! FWIW I'd love to see Preuss at the cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back