Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not something I'd reject out of hand. There are a lot if unknown variables. The club has said very little about his rehab, and that of Tiziani. I suspect they're protecting the privacy if young pkayers at a difficult time.
Is Will expected to be fit and important to our campaign next year and in future years for example. As a young guy he probably cant afford an interrupted pre-season, so would need to resume training with the main group shortly. His longer term value to the club etc.

Cheers thanks for the level headed response you must be sick and tired of questions being asked of half your team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep one of those rucks ready when the Eagles forcea trade for Gaff.

Norths first plus either Preuss or Goldie.
You won’t match what north’s offering and if you do, we won’t bother as we are knee deep into Polec and gaff would cost north too much in picks.

Keep one of those rucks ready when the Eagles forcea trade for Gaff.

Norths first plus either Preuss or Goldie.
Say you do force a trade and we dont have our first in the assumption we have already traded it to port for polec.

And add another assumption that we say our 2019 1st is off the table.

Can you see any other options or offers that would entertain west coast. I know that you would demand our 2019 first. Just curious if you see anything else that might make a worthwhile trade in those circumstances

Can you see any other options or offers that would entertain west coast.

The compo pick, because that's all they're getting.

Hopefully the AFL award them a pick before Carlton & GC(18).

The compo pick, because that's all they're getting.

Hopefully the AFL award them a pick before Carlton & GC(18).
I was just curious as to who/what we could even offer that would actually even be more beneficial than the compo.

Pruess and mountford are probably gettable but we really dont have much else that i can see interesting them. And i doubt they would see that as even close to appropriate value to make them match.

Our offer is clearly so much higher than they can justify matching for that reason.

Say you do force a trade and we dont have our first in the assumption we have already traded it to port for polec.

And add another assumption that we say our 2019 1st is off the table.

Can you see any other options or offers that would entertain west coast. I know that you would demand our 2019 first. Just curious if you see anything else that might make a worthwhile trade in those circumstances

The only thing I can think of is a side trade where the Eagles allow Gaff to go as a FA and the Eagles trade in Goldie or Preuss for a 4th rounder.

I know the Eagles almost landed Anderson and you guys beat our offer, you wont want to let Joey going anywhere.

The only thing I can think of is a side trade where the Eagles allow Gaff to go as a FA and the Eagles trade in Goldie or Preuss for a 4th rounder.

I know the Eagles almost landed Anderson and you guys beat our offer, you wont want to let Joey going anywhere.
Yeah i suppose if it came to it, something along those lines could potentially happen

There are some crazy theories in this thread. Why people think a trade is possible I just don't get.
The North offer is only so high because he is a free agent. If North traded for him the offer would be similar to what WC are currently offering and he would rather stay.
If West Coast are willing to match he would also stay.
Unless Gaff wants to come to North for similar to the current WC offer, there won't be a trade.

Pretty sure that's draft tampering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top part is referring to contract money, the bottom part is talking about draft capital.

Really not that hard to understand what he means.
Ok looks like i might have to elaborate

If they cant match what the roo's are offering then why the need to worry about having the draft capital to match ???
If you get it great , If you dont then please dont respond

If they cant match what the roo's are offering then why the need to worry about having the draft capital to match ???
That's exactly what was said, and that's why it looks like we aren't trying to move anything around to build up that draft capital in the unlikely event the eagles match.

What you are saying here is almost exactly the point he is making.
The cash offer is so high to deter WCE from matching because if they do we wont be trading.
Thats what he said
Thats what you said

If you don't get it don't bother replying

The point is GWS has off loaded a lot of reasonably talented players for nothing but cap space and the AFL allowed it.

We all know the your club is the new AFL's favourite son in NSW but other clubs should be able to do the same.
Rubbish
We had a reducing list size.

There are some crazy theories in this thread. Why people think a trade is possible I just don't get.
The North offer is only so high because he is a free agent. If North traded for him the offer would be similar to what WC are currently offering and he would rather stay.
If West Coast are willing to match he would also stay.
Unless Gaff wants to come to North for similar to the current WC offer, there won't be a trade.

If matched IMO Gaff would still go.

From reports he loves the Eagles and the players. He will be well paid where ever he goes.

The Brayshaw thing, family and friends in Melbourne and now a ill father are all non cash reasons to move.

Six clubs in Melbourne who would trade for him and pay more than the Eagles to land him as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back