Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but the non free agent & contracted ones have to make a deal that satisfies the originating club, and Brayden loves North.

The whole chip stack leaning on North to get Preuss for an average pick thing, is fantasy land stuff. Find another angle.
How about...... We trade you Zac Guthrie in return....... :moustache::moustache:

How about...... We trade you Zac Guthrie in return....... :moustache::moustache:

K3wl.

In all honesty, and I am not being a smartarse, Geelong doesn't have anything that it would realistically trade which could entice North's interest.

You're not going to give us your 1st round pick, your 2nd 2018 pick won't get close to securing a trade, and remember draft picks aren't as useful to us this season anyway. As for your list, it's quality at the top but skinny depth wise. Personally, I wouldn't have any interest in any Geelong players outside of their top 10 or so.

It's not happening mate. If Preussy leaves it will be to his home state (Qld) in a trade for a good quality homesick player or pick, or to GWS in the Kelly trade.

K3wl.

In all honesty, and I am not being a smartarse, Geelong doesn't have anything that it would realistically trade which could entice North's interest.

You're not going to give us your 1st round pick, your 2nd 2018 pick won't get close to securing a trade, and remember draft picks aren't as useful to us this season anyway. As for your list, it's quality at the top but skinny depth wise. Personally, I wouldn't have any interest in any Geelong players outside of their top 10 or so.

It's not happening mate. If Preussy leaves it will be to his home state (Qld) in a trade for a good quality homesick player or pick, or to GWS in the Kelly trade.
I know .... We just need a good ruckman and the chances of getting Preuss SFA. Its the only bad thing on our list, Happy with the midfield, happy with our defence, forward needs a little bit of improvement, got some nice young kids coming along. Just need to get a ruckman.
As an interesting fact, 9 of the 18 clubs number 1 ruckman has come from another club) Interesting fact

For .a minute there i thought i had walked into the NicNat thread

So when did a VFL ruckman that cant get a game ahead of an ageing Goldy become such rolled gold, Maybe wait until he actually plays a decent season in the AFL before talking the numbers thats beingdiscussed here

Very similar to the things that were being said about J.Witts on the pies board years ago

So when did a VFL ruckman that cant get a game ahead of an ageing Goldy become such rolled gold, Maybe wait until he actually plays a decent season in the AFL before talking the numbers thats beingdiscussed here

Very similar to the things that were being said about J.Witts on the pies board years ago

We will keep him.

He's definitely one of the most promising u/22 ruckman in the comp.

No he is Not.

He turns 23 in 2 weeks

So he's 22?

Yeah, he really is. There aren't any regular ruckman younger than him getting a game in the AFL at the moment apart from English

Tim English is probably going to be in the AFL u/22 side, he averages 13 hitouts a game.

Preuss is one of the most dominant players in the VFL at the moment, he had 74 hitouts and 22 to advantage on the weekend.

He'd be getting a game tomorrow at GWS and Geelong. Goldstein absolutely pantsed Stefan Martin today, he's not exactly being kept out by a scrub.

There arent many 206cm 110kg 22 year old or younger ruck prospects getting about.

K3wl.

Definitely worth a first or a decent player in return. He is a gun.

Yeah, if you don’t rate him as a ruckman. You don’t know football. Agree with snake baker, which I don’t very often, he is worth a first or a decent player.

So he's 22?

Yeah, he really is. There aren't any regular ruckman younger than him getting a game in the AFL at the moment apart from English

Tim English is probably going to be in the AFL u/22 side, he averages 13 hitouts a game.

Preuss is one of the most dominant players in the VFL at the moment, he had 74 hitouts and 22 to advantage on the weekend.

He'd be getting a game tomorrow at GWS and Geelong. Goldstein absolutely pantsed Stefan Martin today, he's not exactly being kept out by a scrub.

There arent many 206cm 110kg 22 year old or younger ruck prospects getting about.
You guys are really getting excited about this guy way too much, I have watched him play against richmond in the VFL and he was not really that great
He is big and strong -Yes but no where near Goldy class and no guarantee's he will every get to that elite level , Clubs dont pay big for Ruckman anymore #20-#30 around the mark

Who was the sandringham Ruckman that he played against ?

You guys are really getting excited about this guy way too much, I have watched him play against richmond in the VFL and he was not really that great
He is big and strong -Yes but no where near Goldy class and no guarantee's he will every get to that elite level , Clubs dont pay big for Ruckman anymore #20-#30 around the mark

Almost everyone in here has said he's not worth top dollar.

Probably a late first rounder, your top range is 2 picks outside of a first rounder and you are having a go at everyone in here for overrating him?

Almost everyone in here has said he's not worth top dollar.

Probably a late first rounder, your top range is 2 picks outside of a first rounder and you are having a go at everyone in here for overrating him?
Not having a go at all just saying that whilst he has shown he is a good prospect he is a long way from a certain thing to make it and is being talked up as the next mesiah

Not having a go at all just saying that whilst he has shown he is a good prospect he is a long way from a certain thing to make it and is being talked up as the next mesiah

Rofl, where has anyone said he’s the messiah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what getting Preuss would take? Considering he's been dominating VFL but hasn't been getting AFL games, maybe something like:

Lynch + 2019 2nd
for
Preuss + pick 11

Lynch < pick 11
2019 2nd > Preuss

Wonder what getting Preuss would take? Considering he's been dominating VFL but hasn't been getting AFL games, maybe something like:

Lynch + 2019 2nd
for
Preuss + pick 11

Lynch < pick 11
2019 2nd > Preuss

Why would North trade for Lynch ? He is a free agent and they can just take him with $$$ and not trade

Our Tom Lynch, not GC’s

He’ll need a trade

I don't think he'd be high on the priority list.

We have Brown with Wood, Ziebell, Garner and Zurhaar as similar size players to Lynch.

Nick Larkey is 19 and leading the VFL goal kicking and he can't get a game.

Even with Waite turning 35, we are pretty flush with forwards at the moment.

I don't think he'd be high on the priority list.

We have Brown with Wood, Ziebell, Garner and Zurhaar as similar size players to Lynch.

Nick Larkey is 19 and leading the VFL goal kicking and he can't get a game.

We are pretty flush with forwards at the moment.
Fair enough. Has been reported that you’re potentially interested so just going off that. Probably depends on whether your club thinks they can develop Zurhaar, Garner etc to be just as good

Fair enough. Has been reported that you’re potentially interested so just going off that. Probably depends on whether your club thinks they can develop Zurhaar, Garner etc to be just as good

Lynch is a gun, but he's 29 next year.

I think if we're going down that path it'd be Rory Sloane not Lynch.

you are a poor footy judge, there is a reason this bloke was rookied, he is elite talent (just no-one had the insight to select him in the draft, and north resorting to embarrassing us all with a rookie pick who is now worth pick 5 by just playing vfl)

Last edited:

Lynch + 2019 2nd
for
Preuss + pick 11

Lynch < pick 11
2019 2nd > Preuss

You sure you don't want us to throw in next years 1st round pick as well?

Just keep Lynch thanks.

You sure you don't want us to throw in next years 1st round pick as well?

Just keep Lynch thanks.
Didn’t think it was that bad, Lynch is probably worth a mid to late first, Preuss a pick between 35 and 40. Considering we’ll probably be hovering around 6th to 8th next year it seems fair?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back