Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you didn't have Preuss in the ruck
You're right about one thing. We'd have to trade a player. I dont know what Preuss is on but we'd have to lure him with more. It would take much at all before it exceeded our capacity I think.
A gun mid no, though. Given a pre-season and a reasonable run with injuries Lobb is very capable.
The worry is Flynn is just 20, I love Dawson's attitude and effort but he's limited in terms of mobility.

You're right about one thing. We'd have to trade a player. I dont know what Preuss is on but we'd have to lure him with more. It would take much at all before it exceeded our capacity I think.
A gun mid no, though. Given a pre-season and a reasonable run with injuries Lobb is very capable.
The worry is Flynn is just 20, I love Dawson's attitude and effort but he's limited in terms of mobility.
I think GWS will be looking at Zac Clarke as temporary cheap option . Preuss for Kelly is either a joke or insult to Kelly . I rated Preuss but just not in the same level as Kelly .

I think GWS will be looking at Zac Clarke as temporary cheap option . Preuss for Kelly is either a joke or insult to Kelly . I rated Preuss but just not in the same level as Kelly .
:)To be fair any hyponthetical trade discussions with North were always going to include Kelly. I dont take it personally.

In this hypothetical they hold the aces so a gun mid is what they would take. I think their posters are pretty close to what would happen if we tried.

It means the makings of a deal aren't there to me, sadly.

Well that is moot until the end of next season....if at all.

Love Preuss but we’re not trading a gun mid. You don’t rob Peter to pay Paul. It would only be for draft picks and a young fringe player. We do have some draft currency to play with and are in the now so could use them.

I wouldn't be trading a gun mid just for Preuss either.

These supporters of clubs thinking they can grab him for a 2nd round pick are tripping as far as 2018 goes. The pick is just going to be unnecessary points for us this year.

He's worth more to us as a back up and future ruckman than a 2nd round pick. The blokes had 4 years of development put in to him to get here. North want players, and particular types of players.

Because you didn't have Preuss in the ruck

I'm glad you raised this.

The media was waffling on about Simpson's hit out to advantage numbers, and I watched him closely and he is a poor palmer of the ball. It's the GWS mids that make those numbers look good. Preuss is a step up from Simpson as a palm ruckman.

:)To be fair any hyponthetical trade discussions with North were always going to include Kelly. I dont take it personally.

In this hypothetical they hold the aces so a gun mid is what they would take. I think their posters are pretty close to what would happen if we tried.

It means the makings of a deal aren't there to me, sadly.
To be honest I don't mind the talk shift to Kelly - Preuss deal , Weller deal is getting a bit boring .

To be honest I don't mind the talk shift to Kelly - Preuss deal , Weller deal is getting a bit boring .

How do you constantly get away with constant moronic trolling on this board when others get weeks for the most slightest of indiscretions?

Do you have a secret?

How do you constantly get away with constant moronic trolling on this board when others get weeks for the most slightest of indiscretions?

Do you have a secret?
Absolutely nothing wrong with what he posted and has a valid point, No need to play the man just ignore if you dont like what he posts no need to make a comment like constant moronic trolling .

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he posted and has a valid point, No need to play the man just ignore if you dont like what he posts no need to make a comment like constant moronic trolling .
That is what make him get weeks, I used to reacted to your post but not anymore , everybody can have an opinion without getting too attach to argument.

That is what make him get weeks, I used to reacted to your post but not anymore , everybody can have an opinion without getting too attach to argument.

You keep running this idiotic "Kelly for Preuss" thing just to get bites and fill up the board with even more inane drivel. No one with half a brain would suggest that's a trade. Find something more productive to do with your time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep running this idiotic "Kelly for Preuss" thing just to get bites and fill up the board with even more inane drivel. No one with half a brain would suggest that's a trade. Find something more productive to do with your time.
Ok no problem , asked probably no need to acted like know it all .

North don’t have to do anyone, including Preuss any favours. He signed his own contract. If a club wants him they have to negotiate a deal that North is willing. Pruess can still be traded at the end of his contract next year as well. They would need to get overs for him. There is no point valuing him as if he was out of contract. If I were North I wouldn’t be in any hurry to trade him.

North don’t have to do anyone, including Preuss any favours. He signed his own contract. If a club wants him they have to negotiate a deal that North is willing. Pruess can still be traded at the end of his contract next year as well. They would need to get overs for him. There is no point valuing him as if he was out of contract. If I were North I wouldn’t be in any hurry to trade him.

Bingo, you're on the money. He's a ready to go AFL ruckman, and only a good offer would see us part with him.

If we have a mad run with trading over the next 2 trade periods, then we could play Braydon in the senior team WITH Goldstein. He's only missing games now because we are skinny in the midfield.

It's not about North doing Preuss any favours. It's about what's best for North and our quest for a flag.
And frankly, for me, the fact he's contracted is largely irrelevant.
He's an AFL quality ruckman who can't get a game and currently surplus to our needs. What we do need pronto is a gun outside mid, which the Giants have a few of. So I'd be happy to trade him this year to GWS if we got the right player in return. And as I said above, I expect we would have to throw in a draft pick too, I'm not suggesting it would be a "Preuss for Kelly" type deal.

From an outsider it's clear North supporters have lost the plot, so i'm assuming they haven't and the majority of this thread are troll posts.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It's not about North doing Preuss any favours. It's about what's best for North and our quest for a flag.
And frankly, for me, the fact he's contracted is largely irrelevant.
He's an AFL quality ruckman who can't get a game and currently surplus to our needs. What we do need pronto is a gun outside mid, which the Giants have a few of. So I'd be happy to trade him this year to GWS if we got the right player in return. And as I said above, I expect we would have to throw in a draft pick too, I'm not suggesting it would be a "Preuss for Kelly" type deal.

Preuss for Polec might work.

A 1st or 2nd rounder for Preuss? Nth supporter know how to extract urine.

Sweet, we're very happy just to keep him.:thumbsu:

Preuss is ready now, and our other developing ruckman Xerri is still 2-3 years away, so you can see why he is more valuable to us than a spec pick.

Last edited:
Sweet, we're very happy just to keep him.:thumbsu:

Preuss is ready now, and our other developing ruckman Xerri is still 2-3 years away, so you can see why he is more valuable to us than a spec pick.

You can keep him unless a team is desperate enough to pay overs for a guy sitting in the VFL.

I don't rate Polec anywhere near as highly as the GWS mids. Or Port supporters.

I find that Ports supporters are generally pretty good............until the discussion turns to a player trade, then half of them go a bit nutty.

You can keep him unless a team is desperate enough to pay overs for a guy sitting in the VFL.

Thanks we will. It takes a list to win flags, and a quality back up ruckman is essential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back