Chicago Bulls
You clearly watched a different game

Kid played 28 minutes
6 possessions
9 hit outs
2 marks
2 tackles

3 hit outs went straight to his mids leading to direct entry into foward line

You can be so critical of a kid that had this type of influence ?

It's not being critical at all, I didn't say he was s**t I disputed that we were better with him in the ruck because we weren't.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Quite what? What is it quite?

If you mean quiet then yes it is, although he only played 63 percent of the game (which seems like far more than what it looked like watching the game) still had 21 hitouts and 9 possessions.

Not great but considering it was 38 degrees I'd give him a pass.
You gotta be careful about game time in JLT. Sometines coaches just pull a player off because they've seen what they wanted to see, or want to try someone else.

He looked like good pickup for a lot of clubs, so I'd say North rated Tyson, and/or he wasn't interested in going anywhere else.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's not being critical at all, I didn't say he was s**t I disputed that we were better with him in the ruck because we weren't.
Keilty did very well around the ground, but in the 3rd quarter there was no difference between Preuss or him in the ruck. In the 4th quarter we did pretty well with either in the ruck as well (of which it was mostly Keilty) mainly because Cotchin and Martin were off the ground and the Dees mids found a bit of a second wind.

Aside from Balta taking a couple of nice marks on the half forward flank and using his pace to join in play and Keilty having a couple of nice around the ground touches in the last the rucks had stuff all impact on the game.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Keilty did very well around the ground, but in the 3rd quarter there was no difference between Preuss or him in the ruck. In the 4th quarter we did pretty well with either in the ruck as well (of which it was mostly Keilty) mainly because Cotchin and Martin were off the ground and the Dees mids found a bit of a second wind.

Aside from Balta taking a couple of nice marks on the half forward flank and using his pace to join in play and Keilty having a couple of nice around the ground touches in the last the rucks had stuff all impact on the game.

Correct , This is usually the case when you have Ruck's that are not quality ruckman

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
And that’s exactly how Richmond likes it. Nankervis almost breaks even with the better ruck while the relief ruck (traditionally Grigg but today Balta) does the same but damages in other ways.

Will need to see if they can pull this off in season proper as JLT sample size of 1 isn’t indicative of the real thing. But initial signs are promising.

Exactly my point both are dinosaurs and stuff all difference between them , The way Preuss has been talked about you would think he was the next Sandilands
Soldo at least managed to get to the contest unlike preuss who was just a liability

Weirdest and most pointless shitfight of all time. Do you not have much on?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably did as the VFL is full of VFL ruckman but against Richmond he lowered his colours

Soldo went off half way through the 3rd quarter and still managed 30 hit outs compared to Preuss 29 for the entire game which he got most of them after against Chol

He did struggle and seemed a tad all over the place with his timing.

Early days and everyone blowing out the cobwebs.

It was a stinking hot day as well which never helps. Vic teams especially.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Another thread taken over by Tigers fans (The Gun strikes again) pumping up their players over others.

Im shocked to be sitting here reading this.
Hardly pumping up our players in this comparison , Have said it for years that Preuss is extremely over rated and only his size and weight is his advantage over the ruckman in the VFL. Soldo is the only ruck he comes up against at that level thats close to his size and he barely breaks even and at AFL he cant dominate.

Neither Soldo or Preuss would be in the top 10 ruckman in 2 years time and are both just giants

If thats talking up a Richmond player you should read the comments about Balta

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hardly pumping up our players in this comparison , Have said it for years that Preuss is extremely over rated and only his size and weight is his advantage over the ruckman in the VFL. Soldo is the only ruck he comes up against at that level thats close to his size and he barely breaks even and at AFL he cant dominate.

Neither Soldo or Preuss would be in the top 10 ruckman in 2 years time and are both just giants

If thats talking up a Richmond player you should read the comments about Balta

Just a bit of banter!:thumbsu:

You would need a box of tissues near by talking about Balta I'm guessing!

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Big Preuss ran out of gas in the second quarter. Reckon the heat got to him. Looked ok early on but barely got on the ground in the second half. Clearly will only be a forward prospect this year with short stints in the ruck.

Follow Maxy around next pre season is my advice Braydon

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
TBH Preuss played quiet well in the practice match v pies. My query is whether he can function in a side containing Tmac Weideman and Gawn. Hopefully they trial that this weekend.
Too slow. You already get run off your feet by Richmond and Collingwood. Weideman should be your second ruck and Preuss your back-up if Gawn goes down.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
What hasn't ?

An honest critique ?

Maybe I should tell a fib ?
Wasn't directed at you, as such. More so welcoming, as you say, an honest critique as to his limitations, rather than the one-eyed hyperbole that has surrounded him thus far, mainly due to his physique I think.

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Wasn't directed at you, as such. More so welcoming, as you say, an honest critique as to his limitations, rather than the one-eyed hyperbole that has surrounded him thus far, mainly due to his physique I think.
I'm happy to have him on the list, because if Gawn goes down we literally have no back-up.

But I don't see him playing in our best 22 when Gawn is fit. It may be tried on the odd occasion, especially if someone like Weideman is injured, but not often if everyone is fit.

Back