Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Archie Smith?
Indeed. Would be unlikely we draft a fourth ruckman to the list. Interestingly the rookie Eagles came to the club as a ruckman also. McInerney has shown he is a reasonable option forward which has left Smith to ruck near 100% in the reserves. Smith has another year at least on his contract and at this stage still looks a long way off. Shows some nice aggresion at times but its still just glimpses of talent and not what you would be hoping after whatn is now four or five years in the system.

If the Tom Lynch deal falls through would love Preuss at the tigs. Rotate him and Nank FF and Ruck. Have been vocal on our board about how much I rate this bloke - would give up our first (maybe get a 3rd back) for him

If the Tom Lynch deal falls through would love Preuss at the tigs. Rotate him and Nank FF and Ruck. Have been vocal on our board about how much I rate this bloke - would give up our first (maybe get a 3rd back) for him

A 1st round pick is no good to North as it will get used up on Tarryn Thomas. It only has value if we can pass it on in a player trade.

We're already looking to trade out our 1st pick now.

We need players and I can't see Richmond trading anything we would want.

A 1st round pick is no good to North as it will get used up on Tarryn Thomas. It only has value if we can pass it on in a player trade.

Do you think North would entertain swapping their first with Brisbanes 2019 first?

Do you think North would entertain swapping their first with Brisbanes 2019 first?

I dunno mate. They probably would if it satisfies the Kelly trade, and a 1st round bid didn't come for Bailey Scott..

The overriding issue is that we're looking for players, not picks. Midfielders and quick players.

I dunno mate. They probably would if it satisfies the Kelly trade, and a 1st round bid didn't come for Bailey Scott..

The overriding issue is that we're looking for players, not picks. Midfielders and quick players.

Are you talking Josh Kelly ... had a double take there for a minute.

At Goldys age.. and him being a FA next year .. it would take a lot to trade BP out surely?

Quick players... Shai Bolton would do well at North

Quick players... Shai Bolton would do well at North

Dunno, most players we get from other clubs perform better when they get here.

However, I don't think a small forward is on the shopping list.

If Gaff wants to go to Norths Eagles force a trade.

Norths first plus Pruess for Gaff.

Obviously assuming a trade is forced / agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gaff wants to go to Norths Eagles force a trade.

Norths first plus Pruess for Gaff.

Obviously assuming a trade is forced / agreed.
That situation wouldn’t be beneficial to north. It’s FA or nothing.

Norths wouldnt benefit with Gaff in the side?

Then why chase him with a big offer?

You are being blinded by the chance of getting Gaff for nothing.

If he wasnt a fa and wanted a trade what is Gaff worth?
He is worth what you stated, but north need their picks for Father-son and academy picks, not to mention the potential Kelly stuff next year. We are offering him a lot because we don’t want to have to trade for him, pretty simple really.

He is worth what you stated, but north need their picks for Father-son and academy picks, not to mention the potential Kelly stuff next year. We are offering him a lot because we don’t want to have to trade for him, pretty simple really.

The best outcome for Norths is to land a AA quality player with their 1st and also pick up gun fs or acedemy picks with points from later picks.

Kelly next year has no relation to how you use your first this year other than cap space. Or if you trade it for future picks which is a stretch.

Preuss however could be a viable way to land Kelly.

The best outcome for Norths is to land a AA quality player with their 1st and also pick up gun fs or acedemy picks with points from later picks.

Kelly next year has no relation to how you use your first this year other than cap space. Or if you trade it for future picks which is a stretch.

Preuss however could be a viable way to land Kelly.
It's not the best outcome for North to fork out a pick, FA benefits North a lot more as if we fork out our first, we risk losing out on Bailey Scott.

The best outcome for North is to get an AA player via FA, keep our picks and Pruess. The FS and Academy picks we are going for will be bidded on quite early. Tarryn Thomas is rated anywhere from top 10 to top 20, Bailey Scott anywhere from 10-30 and we have other plans with using this year's first before the other's are bidded on.

The best outcome for West Coast if they siphon a pick and a player out of us, which isn't going to happen if push comes to shove. We have to pay ridiculous overs salary wise so that we don't have to use picks we need to spend on other list concerns.

If it was a question of picks and desperately getting in an AA player, we would have done it a while back when we were chasing the likes of Heeney, Martin and Kelly.

It's not the best outcome for North to fork out a pick, FA benefits North a lot more as if we fork out our first, we risk losing out on Bailey Scott.

The best outcome for North is to get an AA player via FA, keep our picks and Pruess. The FS and Academy picks we are going for will be bidded on quite early. Tarryn Thomas is rated anywhere from top 10 to top 20, Bailey Scott anywhere from 10-30 and we have other plans with using this year's first before the other's are bidded on.

The best outcome for West Coast if they siphon a pick and a player out of us, which isn't going to happen if push comes to shove. We have to pay ridiculous overs salary wise so that we don't have to use picks we need to spend on other list concerns.

If it was a question of picks and desperately getting in an AA player, we would have done it a while back when we were chasing the likes of Heeney, Martin and Kelly.

Dont get the last bit. Norths threw the kitchen sink and more at Martin and Kelly.

You do realise you need points to land fs and academy picks. Using your first is a waste if you can use later picks and then defer roll over points to next season.

Understand people getting excited at landing a gun fa for free.

Dont get the last bit. Norths threw the kitchen sink and more at Martin and Kelly.

You do realise you need points to land fs and academy picks. Using your first is a waste if you can use later picks and then defer roll over points to next season.

We won't have enough points to cover our bases if we trade our first, that's the point. It would be a crap situation if we had to dig into next year's points/picks as we are looking at other players. Saying it is the best outcome for North is a complete fallacy.

Yeah, I can't see Thomas making it to North's pick without a bid. I think WB will be able to use their pick on another player and take West with points from their remaining picks. North could try to trade up, but clubs would see that coming and it may force an even earlier bid on Thomas.

I expect to see North trade down. Pick 10 will be around 1400 points. They could trade that for Carlton's 23 and 26 which would be a win for both clubs. I would like the Crows to propose a trade with North for pick 19 and our 2019 first. Some points to cover this years bid match, and they retain a first rounder. I think we would be paying overs there, so ideally we get something extra like a favourable swap of later picks. Gold Coast would also be able to do pick 17 and a later pick. That would be the a good option, but its misleading because pick 17 will be completely wasted on the bid match and so all they get out of it is the later pick.

Pick 19 and our 2019 first with a swap of later picks is a strong offer. Especially as it takes Hamish Ogilvie out of the equation from bidding on Thomas.

Yeah, I can't see Thomas making it to North's pick without a bid. I think WB will be able to use their pick on another player and take West with points from their remaining picks. North could try to trade up, but clubs would see that coming and it may force an even earlier bid on Thomas.

I expect to see North trade down. Pick 10 will be around 1400 points. They could trade that for Carlton's 23 and 26 which would be a win for both clubs. I would like the Crows to propose a trade with North for pick 19 and our 2019 first. Some points to cover this years bid match, and they retain a first rounder. I think we would be paying overs there, so ideally we get something extra like a favourable swap of later picks. Gold Coast would also be able to do pick 17 and a later pick. That would be the a good option, but its misleading because pick 17 will be completely wasted on the bid match and so all they get out of it is the later pick.

Pick 19 and our 2019 first with a swap of later picks is a strong offer. Especially as it takes Hamish Ogilvie out of the equation from bidding on Thomas.
Clubs can't force an early bid on Thomas if North trade up the order. If they call his name when there are several higher rated players available then North will pass on him. Whilst the club will have stuffed over North they will have done the same to themselves.

Clubs can't force an early bid on Thomas if North trade up the order. If they call his name when there are several higher rated players available then North will pass on him. Whilst the club will have stuffed over North they will have done the same to themselves.

True. If someone like Smith is still in play, they may overlook Thomas.

No Club uses a 1st rounder on a Ruckman any longer unless they are a well established Gun Ruckman with runs on the board
Pruess having a blinder against GWS , Question would need to be asked who was he up against and how often he has done this in his limited games

Sure we have the same picks now but trust me when you only get 1 x 1st round pick after 3/4 of your current star studded team are gone you appreciate that pick alot more , $1000 is worth more to a working man than it is to a millionaire

Just do yourself a favour and check out other Ruckmans statts and compare them to Preuss, Ill give you an example of Richmond 2nd ruckman that is still developing and nearly a year younger than Preuss Ivan Soldo who also was a late comer to AFL football and only took it up as a 18 year old and beat Preuss in the VFL
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=4113&pid2=4141&fid1=C&fid2=C

Jarrod Witts had done alot more than Preuss at the same age and was also a late comer to football and was traded to GC for #44
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=4113&pid2=3701&fid1=C&fid2=P&fopt2=2015

6 touches, 1 mark, 13 hitouts, 1 goal (Soldo) vs 13 touches, 4 marks, 43 hitouts, 1.1 goals (Preuss) on the weekend- I think answers your question from earlier in the year.

Why
6 touches, 1 mark, 13 hitouts, 1 goal (Soldo) vs 13 touches, 4 marks, 43 hitouts, 1.1 goals (Preuss) on the weekend- I think answers your question from earlier in the year.

This is how uninformed you are in regards to the game stats you are mentioning, Preuss basically rucked against an 18 year old kid

Ivan Soldo has been injured for 2 weeks and has not played , Last week he would have probably played 1/3 game in the ruck and Callum Coleman Jones did the rest of the Ruckwork. In the game thread on another Richmond board his game time was 63%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back