Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're interested in Kelly.

All signs are that he's coming to North at the end of next year. If GWS want to offload him a year earlier I'm sure North will be happy to deal.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If their salary cap situation is as bad as they say it is and if he is planning to come to us at the end of next year as everyone suggests, it would make sense for GWS to trade him to us now if it meant they can hold on to someone else. And if Lobb leaves, then Preuss would be handy next year.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If their salary cap situation is as bad as they say it is and if he is planning to come to us at the end of next year as everyone suggests, it would make sense for GWS to trade him to us now if it meant they can hold on to someone else. And if Lobb leaves, then Preuss would be handy next year.
Not really we've shown we will fight for Kelly, and he did knock back your offer last year. That really isn't an indication he wants to go next year.

Not really we've shown we will fight for Kelly, and he did knock back your offer last year. That really isn't an indication he wants to go next year.
It's my understanding that a handshake deal was made last year between North, GWS and Josh that he'd come to North at the end of his contract.

So unless GWS are going to welch on the deal I don't see what the fight will be, especially with GWS in salary cap trouble.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
It's my understanding that a handshake deal was made last year between North, GWS and Josh that he'd come to North at the end of his contract.

So unless GWS are going to welch on the deal I don't see what the fight will be, especially with GWS in salary cap trouble.

Mmmmm
Do you really think that happened.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kurt Tippett and the Crows like this

Kurt Tippett and the Crows like this

Hahaha, Crows got into trouble for putting an off-the-books payment in a contract that wasn't lodged with the AFL as well as agreeing to trade him for considerably below market value which suggests that part of his remuneration was allowing him easy access to move wherever he wants to go, which aren't allowed in player contracts.

If Kelly said he wanted to go back to Victoria, but wanted a shot at success now and said he would be prepared to re-sign for two years but planned to move after he was out of contract then there isn't anything necessarily wrong with that. Brisbane made a similar agreement with Buckley, that they would trade him to wherever he wanted to go after his contract expired. The clubs still had to negotiate a fair deal at market value after that point of time.

There wouldn't have been anything in Kelly's contract with GWS that was of a similar arrangement and there was unlikely any type of agreement for terms. It sounded like he would request a trade to the club of his choice once his contract expires which is the right of any uncontracted player to do so.

I don't think GWS, North or Kelly/management are stupid enough to make any type of agreement that would be considered draft tampering. I am sure GWS secretly desire that Kelly would change his mind after the two years was up and decided to commit long-term, which is always an option for Kelly.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Not sure what you meant, but Preuss isn't wanted by North and should we get an offer he's gone.

Do you know think you'd know why? I see him as an attractive ruck option for our club. Would be interested to know why North think otherwise?

How is his around the ground work?

Do you know think you'd know why? I see him as an attractive ruck option for our club. Would be interested to know why North think otherwise?

How is his around the ground work?
About the same as most rucks; however, his tackling is Mumford like, his contested marking can be either really good or really average and he averages about 12.5 disposals a game at vfl level. His endurance issues are exaggerated.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
What's wrong with him?

Nothing, we are just trying to build a long kicking fleet of foot side with good aerobic capacity. Preuss offers none of those skillsets.

Goldy has just turned 30 , has plenty of good footy left in the tank.When he goes we feel Xerri will take over, am comfortable with our succession plan.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
If I was him, I'd request a trade to Giants. Pick 23 (from Freo) sounds about right. Will get pushed back into the late 20's.

Not that I think pick 23 is terrible for Preuss. If the giants got pick 23 for Lobb and traded that for Preuss it is effectively a straight swap of Lobb for Preuss and the balance seems to be somewhat out in that equation

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Doesnt look like there is alot of interest or the lack of news on BP , Very surprising to be honest
was touted as being the next big thing
Tigers should be very interested. You need a ruck that can compete against the best.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't they have Oleg Markov?
He's an athletic half back.

I do find it funny that THE_GUN has been in here non-stop playing down the importance when a huge reason as to why Richmond were bundled out last night was because Grigg had to contend with cox and grundy at times and was bent over. Preuss and North's 3rd for Tiger's first.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's

I do find it funny that THE_GUN has been in here non-stop playing down the importance when a huge reason as to why Richmond were bundled out last night was because Grigg had to contend with cox and grundy at times and was bent over. Preuss and North's 3rd for Tiger's first.

What their first going to be after PP's and FA's picks adding in the Tiges are a shoe-in for the flag?

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

They will be desperate for a ruck. We keep our third for TT points.

They will be desperate for a ruck. We keep our third for TT points.

I honestly don't think they will be. Seems far more likely that they will consider a 200cm Tom Lynch to be a sufficient upgrade on their 'can ruck' stocks, and I don't think any club throws out a year of recruitment and retention planning to make a panic buy after one final loss.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

You are correct , I agree we need a Big athletic ruckman like a Gawn or Grundy, Do you know any available ??
We already have a similar Ruckman to BP in our reserves by the name of Ivan Soldo but these types are not what the modern game needs
Are you still thinking a late 1st rounder for this bloke or has reality been accepted and something in the 40's will do ?

Back