Brayshaw and Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

The gameplan helps - short spot up kicks but even without that, the eye test tells me he’s better. Has a Clanger or two each game but so do lots of players.

He’ll never be Cerra level and that’s fine, his job is to run to space to get a mark and pass chip it around and get too as many contests as possible to lay a tackle or gets hands out.

Hoping both boys can back up there performance this week
I really think the beauty of these two lads is that they aren't like each other. Having both elite in there own strengths, Brayshaw with his ability to get to every contest and his effect on those contests is only getting better and Cerra's sublime composure, vision and skill with his confidence to use it only growing too, they compliment each other perfectly in our future midfield set up.
Their development is right on track that's for sure, we won't get those games every week but we've known they've bin there since year 1 and the ability to back it up is going to grow.
(obvious glass half full character over here)

To put these two guys development into perspective, they are 2 years behind Tucker yet have had much more influential matches then him already. Tucker has just got himself to be able to perform consistently from the end of last year and coming into this year. Cez and Andy's consistency will come soon.
Edit: I just want to say i really rate Tucker as well, his efficiency is underrated as well as his ability to kick a goal. Just pointing out this takes time

Last edited:
I really think the beauty of these two lads is that they aren't like each other. Having both elite in there own strengths, Brayshaw with his ability to get to every contest and his effect on those contests is only getting better and Cerra's sublime composure, vision and skill with his confidence to use it only growing too, they compliment each other perfectly in our future midfield set up.
Their development is right on track that's for sure, we won't get those games every week but we've known they've bin there since year 1 and the ability to back it up is going to grow.
(obvious glass half full character over here)

To put these two guys development into perspective, they are 2 years behind Tucker yet have had much more influential matches then him already. Tucker has just got himself to be able to perform consistently from the end of last year and coming into this year. Cez and Andy's consistency will come soon.
Edit: I just want to say i really rate Tucker as well, his efficiency is underrated as well as his ability to kick a goal. Just pointing out this takes time
Was thinking the same thing as I typed it, they complement each other really well.

100% agree with you, they are tracking terrifically

That sort of game for Brayshaw should be his bread and butter going forward. Hitting contests with a purpose and staying on the move around stoppages, wanting the ball more than anyone else. He doesn't need to nail every kick if he's playing that sort of inside role, he just needs to keep bringing the heat.

Love them both, agree on the 'complementary skillsets' observation. Future looks bright, even if it takes patience. Then again, I've been an LFC supporter since I was 8 and that 30 years flew by...

Also worth noting that was Logue's *28th game*. Bears remembering when some moan about our draft picks in recent years. He's blooming beautifully.

Said it earlier but AB had to be carrying an injury the first few rounds. He’s been like 80% midfield the last two weeks and been magnificent. Calm, clean and composed and yet aggressive at every contest, * I love the kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw may be our most important midfield player, by far and away the most defensive orientated

He's very good at predicting and interrupting opposition play. He gets on the defensive side and its not just his tackling, but he's often getting his hand to the ball and knocking it away from the opposition when it looks like they'll get clean possession and some open play.

Last edited:
He's very good at predicting and interrupting opposition play. He get on the defensive side and its not just his tackling, but he's often getting his hand to the ball and knocking it away from the opposition when it looks like they'll get clean possession and some open play.

His situational awareness is phenomenal, eyes in the back of his head and a fast thinker. He will happily absorb one or two players coming in for a tackle while waiting for a team mate to get into position and then gives the ball to them, gives them a chance with less pressure on them.

I've had a blind spot for Cerra and egregiously underrated him until now, he's work inside is really solid. If he Tucker and Brayshaw can all get a little better each month through 2020 we could explode in the midfield next year.
He is winning more ball on the outside than inside this year. Id say he is the most improved in the team in terms of his defensive running work.

Yep they are doing as well as any of the other early picks in their draft bar occasional brilliance from Rayner.
But I think people bagging them occasionally here forget they're still only 20 as was pointed out above. We rely on them to play as the best players often and they've had big workloads, but will be leaders of a good group of youngsters coming through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back