Brayshaw and Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think cerra was forced to Hb after young went down. Didn't get around the stoppages as much as previous weeks. But he was still more than serviceable.

Good string to his bow that he can go back there and perform..... Thanks Ross??

Still gonna be a gun. Just like his mate. No doubt

He's very good at predicting and interrupting opposition play. He gets on the defensive side and its not just his tackling, but he's often getting his hand to the ball and knocking it away from the opposition when it looks like they'll get clean possession and some open play.
If he could kick some of the goals he misses he would have that in his cap too and come across as more attacking. He's got the game to kick a couple but he just needs the finishing skill.

At what point do we need to think about tying these 2 in for longer term deals? Their Existing contracts run out at the end of next season. If they keep playing well and progressing next year They will start turning some heads in Melbourne fairly quickly. Our list manager will earn his corn over the next few years ensuring we don’t lose any of these Vic players. 2 year extensions to tie them in to the end of 2023 at the very least should be the target.

At what point do we need to think about tying these 2 in for longer term deals? Their Existing contracts run out at the end of next season. If they keep playing well and progressing next year They will start turning some heads in Melbourne fairly quickly. Our list manager will earn his corn over the next few years ensuring we don’t lose any of these Vic players. 2 year extensions to tie them in to the end of 2023 at the very least should be the target.

I definitely worry about these guys going back to Vic , if we keep improving there is a chance we can sign them again if not I think there is no chance. COVID19 has probably made the situation worse .

I definitely worry about these guys going back to Vic , if we keep improving there is a chance we can sign them again if not I think there is no chance. COVID19 has probably made the situation worse .

I disagree. We’re bringing the young blokes together as a group to take the club to success and the hub has accelerated that. We seem very united and proud of our experience in the hub.
It seems something good is brewing and both Cera and Brayshaw are a very big part of it. It’d be hard to walk away from that.

We can’t sign anyone atm and neither can anyone else.

Hopefully we’re able to start signing up a number of players as soon as we can. Brayshaw and Cerra are hardly the only. You can throw in Tucker and last year’s draft picks as a starting point.

Said it earlier but AB had to be carrying an injury the first few rounds. He’s been like 80% midfield the last two weeks and been magnificent. Calm, clean and composed and yet aggressive at every contest, fu** I love the kid

And don’t forget the dude’s only 20 years old. I forget how young he is sometimes. His best footy is yet to come.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wierd how good Andy has been the last 2 weeks since he is playing pure inside mid hey, who would have thought.
Top 2 pick midfielder plays his best football as a midfielder.

In one of the draft summaries of Brayshaw the pros were listed as consistency, decision making, endurance etc. The single con was "doesn't have a second position".

The move of that "truckie" out of the centre square for more fertile pastures, has been a massive bonus for these two players.

Challenge accepted.
I think the move of Fyfe spooked the Saints.They could not leave anyone one on one with him.
That is his value up forward,it will spook many clubs before seasons end.

This thread has aged beautifully very quickly.

As sad as it is, both will quickly get more recognition in Vic this year since they will be decent defender/forwards for dreamteam.

You saw it at the start of the year with AB - most traded out player after round 1 haha

Not concerned about Brayshaw leaving, as in I can see him sticking loyal to the purple for a long time - I am concerned about Cerra however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the move of Fyfe spooked the Saints.They could not leave anyone one on one with him.
That is his value up forward,it will spook many clubs before seasons end.
Agreed. But that only works if he is expected to play as a midfielder. It's the switching around that causes the panic.

Ideally he goes forward for 5-10mins every quarter depending how the rest of our midfield are tracking. Same goes for Walters, don't let the opposition settle in, keep them guessing and having to switch matchups.

Brayshaw I'm starting to get bad vibes about. He is gutsy and determined which is great - but skills, awareness, decision making, speed, body size, almost every key AFL attribute is nothing more than average. He could make it as a pure inside mid, but does he have the frame for it? Serong has come in looking like more of a bull in his first game and 2 years younger.
Obviously he needs to get played midfield for us to actually find out, not sure why he's not, and if he's carrying an injury needs to be dropped to work through it because whatever role he's playing right now for the team isn't working.

Check out this idiot. 19 coaches votes since this post lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back