Brayshaw and Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think people are being a little harsh on Andy tbh.
He had one bad clanger but other than that he was clean with the ball, he worked hard, actually had 2 tackles inside 50 when were getting belted in that stat.
Be careful, the pitchfork brigade will be after you if you say anything positive about the whipping boy
emoji3.png

only watched half of sat's game but thought Cerra was really good in the back half (with Shill) in that 1st quarter onslaught when the ball kept coming in again and again. Prevented a number of potential goals.

This. Cerra was great for the first one and a half quarters. Just needs to finish out a game. Easier said then done, all young players would be the same. This is what the coaches are there for, develop the players..

If all the coaches are off Blakely why didnt we trade him? IMO he was tracking just as good as the other two if he went to a side such as Sydney am sure he would be a top player for them not so easy for these guys at the Dockers.

What would you have expected for Blakely? I'd say somewhere around pick 40-50. With that level of currency he's probably better as a depth player and if selected this week hopefully seizes his opportunity.

Totally agree.

Our team needs for them to be A graders but they are 3 year players.

People need to relax. They are developing pretty well.
Everyone wants a Brownlow medalist but the reality is that if you get 2 X 250 gamers who play solid football for 10 years then we've done bloody well.

What would you have expected for Blakely? I'd say somewhere around pick 40-50. With that level of currency he's probably better as a depth player and if selected this week hopefully seizes his opportunity.
Exactly this!!!
Why on earth would we trade away Cerra or Brayshaw when they are probably at their lowest trade value. Same applies for Cox. They are only 20 years old. I actually think Cerra has shown some decent signs already this year. He could well have a Trent Cotchin like career still.
Brayshaw will improve I have no doubt too. He’s carrying some kind of knock and I wouldnt be opposed to dropping him for a week or two in order to regain some appetite. It can work wonders sometimes.

Brayshaw may have an injury that we can't see... , but it looks to me like the coach doesn't want to play him in the position he was drafted for and played in as a junior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw may have an injury that we can't see... , but it looks to me like the coach doesn't want to play him in the position he was drafted for and played in as a junior.
Yes, Serong seemed to spend more time in the middle than either Cerra or (especially) Brayshaw. No stats to back that up, just the way it looked on TV.

Now I am more than happy for a young midfielder to get his chance, but it did seem noticable that more opportunity was given to Serong than the other two.

Yes, Serong seemed to spend more time in the middle than either Cerra or (especially) Brayshaw. No stats to back that up, just the way it looked on TV.

Now I am more than happy for a young midfielder to get his chance, but it did seem noticable that more opportunity was given to Serong than the other two.

Serong attended 11 Centre Bounces (out of 22 in)
Andy attended 1
Cerra Zilch

Could have been linked to Rowell being same draft year as Serong and knowing his game better than the older guys.
Guess we'll see this week.

Andy attended 1
Cerra Zilch

Could have been linked to Rowell being same draft year as Serong and knowing his game better than the older guys.

Weird...It's not like the guys in there were doing the job either..
Do you have stats for the rest?

Andy attended 1
Cerra Zilch

Didn't realise it was that high for Serong. It felt as if Cerra was around the ball more than zero centre bounces

Cerra has the tools to make it. Despite being slow as a snail. And developing painfully slowly. 11 touches is still not enough - although they were classy touches which is encouraging, and his time spent in defense is starting to show with some good defensive efforts.

Brayshaw I'm starting to get bad vibes about. He is gutsy and determined which is great - but skills, awareness, decision making, speed, body size, almost every key AFL attribute is nothing more than average. He could make it as a pure inside mid, but does he have the frame for it? Serong has come in looking like more of a bull in his first game and 2 years younger.
Obviously he needs to get played midfield for us to actually find out, not sure why he's not, and if he's carrying an injury needs to be dropped to work through it because whatever role he's playing right now for the team isn't working.

Andy attended 1
Cerra Zilch

Thank you!

This is driving me mental. Brayshaw leads our team in stoppage clearances and yet, can hardly get called into the centre square. Mundy & Tucker could hardly make an impact in there on the weekend, consistently getting caught on the wrong side of the ball's momentum and subsequently getting torched on the resulting inside 50. This is his best attribute and he's currently playing off of the wing, where he has a combined metres gained of 115 metres from the last two games.

115 metres!!!

Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Tucker have taken the vast majority of centre bounces since the restart so it's a fair chance it's their fault if the ball is getting waltzed out of the middle for easy goals. and it has. Regularly.

Fyfe and Walters have the capability of playing elite football forward with the added bonus of keeping another couple of defenders accountable. We should leave them forward mostly and give a real opportunity to Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakeley, Valente, Serong, Tucker and possibly Acres with Conca and Mundy helping out as the old heads and the hard bodies.

Then by the end of the season we'll have a better idea of who can lead the midfield going forward or if we need to draft or trade in some more inside mids.

It's understandable as a first year coach to want to get your best players around the ball but there's not a lot of defensive work happening in a Mundy, Fyfe, Walters mix and I don't think it's the right option for us moving forward

Cerra has the tools to make it. Despite being slow as a snail. And developing painfully slowly. 11 touches is still not enough - although they were classy touches which is encouraging, and his time spent in defense is starting to show with some good defensive efforts.

Brayshaw I'm starting to get bad vibes about. He is gutsy and determined which is great - but skills, awareness, decision making, speed, body size, almost every key AFL attribute is nothing more than average. He could make it as a pure inside mid, but does he have the frame for it? Serong has come in looking like more of a bull in his first game and 2 years younger.
Obviously he needs to get played midfield for us to actually find out, not sure why he's not, and if he's carrying an injury needs to be dropped to work through it because whatever role he's playing right now for the team isn't working.
I'm glad you're only starting to get bad vibes, I wouldn't be putting too much stock in what happens with a player's form who's at the early early stages of his 3rd year, in the weirdest of seasons. Brayshaw showed quite a bit last year.

Also in his draft combine Brayshaw was in the top 10's for the Goalkicking Test, Agility Test, Yo-Yo Test (top) and 2km Time-Trial. So that shows he's got the capacity for (if not actual) elite level traits. Could easily develop into a Scully or Kelly style mid. Just that some patience is still required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back