Brayshaw and Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of feel like that they're going just fine? True they haven't had that big breakthrough year yet but I feel like they're still improving at a slow and steady rate currently. Cerra in particular whenever he is involved in a chain of possessions it tends to end positively.

This year I've listened to games on the radio instead of watched on TV and I feel like I hear their names called out alot more than what the final stats figures would suggest. I think with Brayshaw and Cerra we're going to have to be more patient than we've ever been as a supporter group and that applies to this rebuild as a whole. It won't be quick but I have more confidence in the end result than I ever have before.

I kind of feel like that they're going just fine? True they haven't had that big breakthrough year yet but I feel like they're still improving at a slow and steady rate currently. Cerra in particular whenever he is involved in a chain of possessions it tends to end positively.

This year I've listened to games on the radio instead of watched on TV and I feel like I hear their names called out alot more than what the final stats figures would suggest. I think with Brayshaw and Cerra we're going to have to be more patient than we've ever been as a supporter group and that applies to this rebuild as a whole. It won't be quick but I have more confidence in the end result than I ever have before.
I think both will benefit from the overall team performance improving. We tend to notice the "young guns" in the teams that are performing well. Quite often they are allowed to be peripheral, without the pressure of being the great white hopes of their teams.

I reckon they are both tracking really well and we are pumping games into them which is great.

I think both will benefit from the overall team performance improving. We tend to notice the "young guns" in the teams that are performing well. Quite often they are allowed to be peripheral, without the pressure of being the great white hopes of their teams.

I reckon they are both tracking really well and we are pumping games into them which is great.

I think that's a very true statement, with no hyperbole.:thumbsu:

Funny how Brisbane brought in Neale to assist their young mids with the workload. Brayshaw and Cerra would both benefit from some more quality big bodied mids in the park right now. Apart from Sonny and Fyfe we are lacking experienced in the midfield to carry the burden. Age alone will increase the consistency of their performances.
If we look around the league the Fremantle midfield is one of the thinnest going around and too much pressure is put on the shoulders of few, serious reinforcement is needed. Maybe the hope was Acres would develop into an inside mid, but that is no guarantee.

Funny how Brisbane brought in Neale to assist their young mids with the workload. Brayshaw and Cerra would both benefit from some more quality big bodied mids in the park right now. Apart from Sonny and Fyfe we are lacking experienced in the midfield to carry the burden. Age alone will increase the consistency of their performances.
If we look around the league the Fremantle midfield is one of the thinnest going around and too much pressure is put on the shoulders of few, serious reinforcement is needed. Maybe the hope was Acres would develop into an inside mid, but that is no guarantee.
Makes me wonder why we didn't try to go for SPP or Cam Ellis-Yolmen. 2 big-bodied mids who would have come cheaply. I still remember CEY completely taking Fyfe out of a game one time.

Both of them are tracking well and you can see the improvement in both of them every week. Looking forward to both of them manning our midfield down the line.

Makes me wonder why we didn't try to go for SPP or Cam Ellis-Yolmen. 2 big-bodied mids who would have come cheaply. I still remember CEY completely taking Fyfe out of a game one time.
In theory sure, but those blokes are ordinary.

By a wide margin would rather give one of our young mids that game time. Fyfe and Mundy is plenty enough big bodies for this year and next year they will have all matured a little more. I am stoked we didn't chase list cloggers like them (SPP to a lesser extent but I can't handle his horrible kicking).

I just ran the numbers (that were kindly provided above and on the previous page) on the centre square attendances and centre square clearances/wins from the last three games and I'm actually stunned. Here they are, excluding rucks.

Player / Attendances / Clearances / Win Rate
Fyfe
- 53 - 1 (1.8%)
Tucker - 39 - 5 (12.8%)
Mundy - 35 - 6 (17.1%)
Walters - 34 - 6 (17.5%)
Cerra - 14 - 3 (21.5%)
Brayshaw - 13 - 1 (7.7%)
Serong - 10 - 1 (10%)

Fyfe has won, ONE centre clearance from 53 attendances. It's obviously important to have him following the ball for the majority of the match but if we're looking for problems at the centre square, we don't need to look beyond his performance in there.

Surprisingly Mundy, Tucker, Walters & Cerra are performing above expected probability. I assume the disruption to the ruck hasn't helped structures but those numbers from Fyfe are rock bottom.

Nah. Fyfe won't defend and can't win a clearance. He's a list clogger, and I'll have no confidence in this rebuild until J-Lo delists him.

How many years did our stupid list managers add to his contract?

I just ran the numbers (that were kindly provided above and on the previous page) on the centre square attendances and centre square clearances/wins from the last three games and I'm actually stunned. Here they are, excluding rucks.

Player / Attendances / Clearances / Win Rate
Fyfe
- 53 - 1 (1.8%)
Tucker - 39 - 5 (12.8%)
Mundy - 35 - 6 (17.1%)
Walters - 34 - 6 (17.5%)
Cerra - 14 - 3 (21.5%)
Brayshaw - 13 - 1 (7.7%)
Serong - 10 - 1 (10%)

Fyfe has won, ONE centre clearance from 53 attendances. It's obviously important to have him following the ball for the majority of the match but if we're looking for problems at the centre square, we don't need to look beyond his performance in there.

Surprisingly Mundy, Tucker, Walters & Cerra are performing above expected probability. I assume the disruption to the ruck hasn't helped structures but those numbers from Fyfe are rock bottom.

As we all keep saying, others have to step up. He can't do it all himself. The oppo would be putting 80%+ of the centre stoppage focus into Fyfe as they know how important he is to us winning the stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By a wide margin would rather give one of our young mids that game time. Fyfe and Mundy is plenty enough big bodies for this year and next year they will have all matured a little more. I am stoked we didn't chase list cloggers like them (SPP to a lesser extent but I can't handle his horrible kicking).
They are big bodies on the inside who win hard ball and commit tackles, they would benefit our young mids, not prevent their development (which is a folly that causes teams to struggle and overexpose young players).

Yeah I certainly don't suggest paying overs for them. Just thought of them as big bodied mids that would have taken the pressure off Brayshaw and Cerra while allowing Fyfe/Walters/Mundy to spend more time forward. Though I guess we already have that exact player in Blakely.

Just give Blakely a game. Blakely and acres in this week hopefully. Remember acres had 31 disposals and was BOG in his last game in the preseason. Haven’t seen him since

They are big bodies on the inside who win hard ball and commit tackles, they would benefit our young mids, not prevent their development (which is a folly that causes teams to struggle and overexpose young players).
Yeah I certainly don't suggest paying overs for them. Just thought of them as big bodied mids that would have taken the pressure off Brayshaw and Cerra while allowing Fyfe/Walters/Mundy to spend more time forward. Though I guess we already have that exact player in Blakely.
Again in theory it sounds great, but they are not good players. They are basically the Colyer's of inside midfielders.

Also at this stage there is no chance we are over-exposing our young players. We still have Fyfe, Mundy and Walters. Tucker is a 5th season player and needs no protecting (dude is shredded).

I think paying them at all is just clogging the list and taking opportunities away from more talented young players. Blakely is better than both anyway(maybe not defensively) and Valente can't get a game. Cerra and Brayshaw barely attend centre bounces either.

If Valente can’t get a game soon, you’d have to wonder if he is a bust? It’s not like our midfield is stacked and there’s a queue of quality players ahead of him.. I know he’s still young and had injuries but it would be nice to see him play before the end of the season..
I wonder would a few of our lads be allowed to play for peel later in the year if the H&A season in the AFL finishes and we don’t make the finals?

Again in theory it sounds great, but they are not good players. They are basically the Colyer's of inside midfielders.

Also at this stage there is no chance we are over-exposing our young players. We still have Fyfe, Mundy and Walters. Tucker is a 5th season player and needs no protecting (dude is shredded).

I think paying them at all is just clogging the list and taking opportunities away from more talented young players. Blakely is better than both anyway(maybe not defensively) and Valente can't get a game. Cerra and Brayshaw barely attend centre bounces either.
Look at his record for 2019? Not a good player? 7-3 with him in the side, not be all and end all but on those numbers he's our 2nd best mid.

And yet bottom of the table Adelaide who I am pretty sure Subiaco would beat, didn't want him.

Deven Robertson got a game ahead of him in round 1.

Was he a salary cap dump or did they just not want him?

Interesting your point above re Tucker. Certainly no coincidence that this is the best his body has been physically and he's just now starting to have an impact for us. I'm willing to give Brayshaw and Cerra that sort of time.

Wouldn't pay any respect to Adelaide's list management.
They offloaded all the players they didn't think would impact their next premiership. Riccuito came out and said as much.

Also, if you don't rate the Crows list management, compare CEY's states to Andy and Cerra this season. You won't like what you see as they are basically the same.
Was he a salary cap dump or did they just not want him?

Interesting your point above re Tucker. Certainly no coincidence that this is the best his body has been physically and he's just now starting to have an impact for us. I'm willing to give Brayshaw and Cerra that sort of time.
I feel like if they valued him they could have kept him.

Yes, the vast majority of midfielders need those 3-5 pre seasons. Rowell is a freak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back