Toast Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell/Garlick's inability to organise a game of golf between Brayshaw and Berry is what is most damning here.
Agree with all/most of the posters that Belly when it comes to the crunch is weak as water BUT what about Garlick or our President Alcock stepping up , not a peep both invisible All three of them not game enough to take it up to the AFL ie why arent we playing Sat night and why arent why protesting Maggerts is umpiring us in his final game Can any of these three show some courage (yes we probably wouldnt win any of these issues but lets make a loud and public protest like Tony Cochrane with the Suns)

I said this would happen to my wife last night. Typical Bell, pump out your chest and act all tough, then back down like a you-know-what the next day. Pathetic
Yep saw it coming a mile away. “We may appeal”. What a soft co(k. Should have come out and backed our player in regardless of the cost. I think it sends the wrong message to Brayshaw. But hey, that’s just my opinion

Agree with all/most of the posters that Belly when it comes to the crunch is weak as water BUT what about Garlick or our President Alcock stepping up , not a peep both invisible All three of them not game enough to take it up to the AFL ie why arent we playing Sat night and why arent why protesting Maggerts is umpiring us in his final game Can any of these three show some courage (yes we probably wouldnt win any of these issues but lets make a loud and public protest like Tony Cochrane with the Suns)

I dont know do you really want a knob like cochrane representing the club. I find his antics embarrassing and make GC look more of a basketcase tbh

Did I read correctly that this is Margetts last game ?

Did I read correctly that this is Margetts last game ?
Yep. I remember Alistair Lynch's last game for Brisbane - he was swinging haymakers all game, luckily he couldn't fight to save himself. I reckon we will be hit with a few Margetts special whistle haymakers on Sunday. Thank f*ck it's the last time.

No appeal, this club is weak as piss.
The fish rots from the head and all that.

Yes agree totally!

Should have appealed regardless to support Brayshaw. He isnt remotely dirty.

Garlic or Alcock should be making a stand here. Freo always cops the wrong end of the pineapple and its because we wimp out and cop it.

Yea I cant see where he gouged, let alone if he even touched the guys face.

To say he deliberately did it is rubbish. If they said carelessly then u'd cop that although Buddy can elbow and concuss players.

There was alot at play here.

Brayshaw was scragged from all angles. As soon as he retaliates he is in the sh*t. Berry gets off.

New favourite most hated player
Just came on here to see the reaction to the Brayshaw appeal. Sorry to intrude.

I can relate to this post.

I had heard that Brayshaw retaliated to some dirty Lions tactics.
This is exactly what happened to Pickett from the Tigers a few weeks ago, coat hangered some dirty Lions campaigner in retaliation, copped a week for it.

They are fast becoming my least favourite club.

Just came on here to see the reaction to the Brayshaw appeal. Sorry to intrude.

I can relate to this post.

I had heard that Brayshaw retaliated to some dirty Lions tactics.
This is exactly what happened to Pickett from the Tigers a few weeks ago, coat hangered some dirty Lions campaigner in retaliation, copped a week for it.

They are fast becoming my least favourite club.
They were being filthy but Brayshaw had little help. Of only we had someone like Richie Vandenberg who made it his life's mission to lay out anyone who hurt his team mates.

Longmuir has at least come out and spoken about the inconsistencies of the MRO and tribunal and the frustration for fans.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

The decision to uphold Brayshaw's one-match ban for making contact to the eye region of Brisbane's Jarrod Berry has left the club disappointed and needing to replace its most in-form player.

Longmuir said a review of the Match Review and Tribunal systems was for others to have a view on, but it was questionable whether the current set-up was producing consistent outcomes.

"All I can probably say is I feel the frustration of our fans, and I know our fans are frustrated at Andy's one-week penalty," the coach said.

"When they look at other incidents that maybe get off or don't even get cited, I can understand their frustration.

"I think we should always be searching for the most consistent outcomes we can, and at the moment that's questionable."

It's a start to publicly acknowledge it, but what are we going to do about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know do you really want a knob like cochrane representing the club. I find his antics embarrassing and make GC look more of a basketcase tbh
Are you kidding if you think Alcock does a better job than Cochrane in representing his clubs best interest Bring back Rick Hart at least he had more presence and get up ang go , AFL is shafting us at every opportunity and no one wants to rock the boat ie Garlick looks to be a yes man for them and wants to keep in good with them for a future move back to Vic, in reality what has he achieved for Freo in the past two yrs

If Cerra has achieved one thing, it's making me appreciate Brayshaw, Serong and Darcy all the more.
Yep & if Lachie Schultz knocks back 3 years from the Hawks to stay with us for 2, then I hope supporters give him his due respect as well. He gives it everything & will get better with a better forward structure around him. I.e a descent mid size forward so he can play closer to goals.

Yep & if Lachie Schultz knocks back 3 years from the Hawks to stay with us for 2, then I hope supporters give him his due respect as well. He gives it everything & will get better with a better forward structure around him. I.e a descent mid size forward so he can play closer to goals.

Exactly right. Schultz looks good a fair amount of the time in our current forward line. Give him a role where he doesn't have to be sitting deep trying to outmark a KPD and he'll shine.

As rough as things seem at the moment, we've still got a solid core group of players who are, at least on the surface, more driven to make this a successful club than Cerra ever appeared.

Make
Him
Captain
Now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No way , he’s too young , let him play .
Serong is another option in future too .
Rewatch the Derby game and pause it on his face just before the final siren goes , that kid was still 100% committed to playing till the death .
That’s a captains look right there .
Andys got it as well , we are in very good hands in that regard.

salim malik will like this:

Fremantle Dockers star Andrew Brayshaw opens up on Adam Cerra’s decision to return to Victoria
renderTimingPixel.png

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...rras-decision-to-return-to-victoria-c-3786945
Andrew Brayshaw has opened up on Dockers teammate Adam Cerra’s decision to return to Victoria, revealing the off-season can be ‘pretty brutal’ as players are delisted and traded.
The midfield duo both moved to WA as 18-year-olds after being picked up by Fremantle in the 2017 AFL Draft - Brayshaw at pick two and Cerra at pick five.
After four seasons together in purple, the latter informed the Dockers of his desire to move back to Melbourne for family reasons.
While Brayshaw said he was “really flat” he wouldn’t see Cerra around the club, he accepted it was “what was best for him”.
“No matter what was going to happen with Cez (Cerra), we’re still going to be best mates,” he told the Dyl and Friends podcast.
“Every year mates get delisted, mates get traded and it’s just sort of the industry.
“I’m really flat that I won’t be able to spend every day with him. I mean, we got drafted together and played our first 75-odd games together.
“He’s got to do what’s best for him and his career and in his opinion, that’s going (back) to Melbourne.
“I’ve got to respect his wishes but we’re still super tight and the fact that he’s going isn’t going to change how close I am with him as a friend.”
The star Docker, who has been lauded as a former captain at Fremantle, revealed the off-season can be “brutal” for players as close friends are axed and move on with little to no notice.
“My first few years at Freo we would have exit interviews a couple days after the season and we’d have a final team meeting but if you’d been delisted or traded you wouldn’t go to that one,” he said.
“Everyone’s sat in the same seat everyday and I remember, in my first year, you’d go sit in your seat and then the meeting is at 10 o’clock... all of a sudden the mate that always sits next to you everyday is not there.
“And you don’t find out until they’re just not at the meeting. It’s crazy. (I) had a lot of good mates go.
“It’s pretty brutal, it’s a brutal industry.”
Joined on the podcast by WA-raised Bulldog Aaron Naughton, the key defender-turned-forward described the draft process as different for West Australians compared to their Victorian counterparts.
He said Melbourne-based players that have a “50/50” chance of being picked up by a club in their home state might not be as prepared to move than draftees from Perth.
“Being a WA player, it’s pretty unlikely that you’re going to get drafted to Freo or Eagles,” he explained.
“I remember myself going through the draft, you’re probably bound to end up interstate, probably more so than the Melbourne boys, so you’re already preparing for that.”
He said that besides Fremantle, who could have selected Naughton (pick nine) instead of Cerra with their second first-round pick (after Brayshaw), WA clubs’ draft picks in 2017 meant he was likely heading east.
“You sort of realise that you’re going to go interstate as a WA player, so you sort of prepare yourself,” he said.
“For myself it was pretty likely and you become happy and content with it more so than a Melbourne bloke who’s probably got a 50/50 chance of staying home.”
Asked which young player Brayshaw would like to lure to the Dockers, Brayshaw pleaded with the 195cm tall to return to WA and slot himself into Fremantle’s attack - one crying out for key forwards.
“Would love a West Australian like Naughts (Naughton) coming back home. I know he was affiliated with our WAFL club so probably couldn’t go past you mate.
“Come home, mate. Come home.”

salim malik will like this:

Fremantle Dockers star Andrew Brayshaw opens up on Adam Cerra’s decision to return to Victoria
renderTimingPixel.png

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...rras-decision-to-return-to-victoria-c-3786945
Andrew Brayshaw has opened up on Dockers teammate Adam Cerra’s decision to return to Victoria, revealing the off-season can be ‘pretty brutal’ as players are delisted and traded.
The midfield duo both moved to WA as 18-year-olds after being picked up by Fremantle in the 2017 AFL Draft - Brayshaw at pick two and Cerra at pick five.
After four seasons together in purple, the latter informed the Dockers of his desire to move back to Melbourne for family reasons.
While Brayshaw said he was “really flat” he wouldn’t see Cerra around the club, he accepted it was “what was best for him”.
“No matter what was going to happen with Cez (Cerra), we’re still going to be best mates,” he told the Dyl and Friends podcast.
“Every year mates get delisted, mates get traded and it’s just sort of the industry.
“I’m really flat that I won’t be able to spend every day with him. I mean, we got drafted together and played our first 75-odd games together.
“He’s got to do what’s best for him and his career and in his opinion, that’s going (back) to Melbourne.
“I’ve got to respect his wishes but we’re still super tight and the fact that he’s going isn’t going to change how close I am with him as a friend.”
The star Docker, who has been lauded as a former captain at Fremantle, revealed the off-season can be “brutal” for players as close friends are axed and move on with little to no notice.
“My first few years at Freo we would have exit interviews a couple days after the season and we’d have a final team meeting but if you’d been delisted or traded you wouldn’t go to that one,” he said.
“Everyone’s sat in the same seat everyday and I remember, in my first year, you’d go sit in your seat and then the meeting is at 10 o’clock... all of a sudden the mate that always sits next to you everyday is not there.
“And you don’t find out until they’re just not at the meeting. It’s crazy. (I) had a lot of good mates go.
“It’s pretty brutal, it’s a brutal industry.”
Joined on the podcast by WA-raised Bulldog Aaron Naughton, the key defender-turned-forward described the draft process as different for West Australians compared to their Victorian counterparts.
He said Melbourne-based players that have a “50/50” chance of being picked up by a club in their home state might not be as prepared to move than draftees from Perth.
“Being a WA player, it’s pretty unlikely that you’re going to get drafted to Freo or Eagles,” he explained.
“I remember myself going through the draft, you’re probably bound to end up interstate, probably more so than the Melbourne boys, so you’re already preparing for that.”
He said that besides Fremantle, who could have selected Naughton (pick nine) instead of Cerra with their second first-round pick (after Brayshaw), WA clubs’ draft picks in 2017 meant he was likely heading east.
“You sort of realise that you’re going to go interstate as a WA player, so you sort of prepare yourself,” he said.
“For myself it was pretty likely and you become happy and content with it more so than a Melbourne bloke who’s probably got a 50/50 chance of staying home.”
Asked which young player Brayshaw would like to lure to the Dockers, Brayshaw pleaded with the 195cm tall to return to WA and slot himself into Fremantle’s attack - one crying out for key forwards.
“Would love a West Australian like Naughts (Naughton) coming back home. I know he was affiliated with our WAFL club so probably couldn’t go past you mate.
“Come home, mate. Come home.”
Former future same same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back