Toast Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions game will be a big test for Brayshaw. They will probably get Robinson to tag him who likes to hold and harrass to put players off their game so it would be good if Treacy or Darcy made him hear footsteps (legally of course).

Some very interesting stats here from the AFL website of Brayshaw compared to the media love child Sam Walsh (he IS bloody good thop)

Attachments

• Screenshot (108).png
    Screenshot (108).png
    275.7 KB · Views: 239

‘Did somebody mention Sam Walsh?’ 1628158479479.gif

Yeah agreed, I think when we look at draft profiles and see strengths/weaknesses we tend to exaggerate both of them as supporters.

That being said, I still remember some of those shots running into an open goal though and shudder.
His shots ratio this year is pretty respectable (8.4), especially for a midfielder. Whereas previous years it's been pretty much 50:50 or worse. So maybe we can consider his goal accuracy as already worked on.

78% game time Brayshaw, 87% game time Walsh.
87% seems extraordinary high IMO. I’m sure Carlton know what they’re doing, it’s not like they have a history of grinding young stars into the dust until they are a shell of themselves before they are 26

87% seems extraordinary high IMO. I’m sure Carlton know what they’re doing, it’s not like they have a history of grinding young stars into the dust until they are a shell of themselves before they are 26
85% compared to 72% for their careers.
Pretty happy with the club tbh with their management of both Brayshaw & Cerra.

Is Andy in All Australian contention?
Got to be close to the 40 man squad at the very least?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Andy in All Australian contention?
Got to be close to the 40 man squad at the very least?
We wont have anyone in the team I dont think. Best case scenario is Mundy, Brayshaw and Darcy in the squad which I think is reasonable

We wont have anyone in the team I dont think. Best case scenario is Mundy, Brayshaw and Darcy in the squad which I think is reasonable
Saw some bullshit on VFL media about Carltons Liam Jones deserving a spot in the AA team. A “lock” some were saying.
AA “locks” from Carlton in 2021:
Weitering
Walsh
Mackay
Liam Jones.

WTF like? the greatest 13th placed side in AFL history lol

Weitering (AA FB AFAIC) and Walsh (squad, probably not team) I agree with. McKay should be in the squad at least.

That's the thing with Carlton. They should be much better. They have some really good players and even their role players aren't notably worse, it at all, than anyone elses.
Mckay is going to be in the team, Coleman medal usually makes it and he has wiped the floor with the comp

And remember how we were all pissed that "spud" kicked 7 against us in R3. Yes, it was an awful game, but it turns out he's a good KPF.

I noticed the other so called super star, Matt Rowell ,hasn't been the same player since returning from injury,just barely pedestrian in his games,very middle of the pack.

I noticed the other so called super star, Matt Rowell ,hasn't been the same player since returning from injury,just barely pedestrian in his games,very middle of the pack.
Judge him after another preseason.

Brayshaw is 21. Talk of captaincy is premature. If Fyfe was to finish up tomorrow I’d honestly hope the club would give it to someone else.

Luckily I think Fyfe retires when Brayshaw is 24/25 or thereabouts which is just about perfect. If Fyfe is still playing after that then it’s still probably a good time to hand over the captaincy for the last year or so like Pav did.
Well, dunno about you guys, but after Fyfe gives up the captaincy, I expect Mundy to get it back until Brayshaw's time comes. As we know, Mundy will be playing until 2050, so it gives Brayshaw plenty of time to warm up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back