Analysis Breaking down the Tim Kelly trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowan18

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Perhaps he should of won the god damn ball and forced greenwood to be moved onto him.

I really think Shuey was way below expectation in the game. Perhaps he was trying to do too much team stuff which took away from his own game. Which as a net result hurt us bad. I also dont like the complaining that I see from him and Gov.
Yeah, Shuey was the problem. Just like in 2018 GF when Yeo got tagged, shuey ran riot, they switched the tag to Shuey at half time and then Yeo got back into the game. Bucks made the right call assuming Shuey would be underdone.

ChampRevesby

Brownlow Medallist
May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
Yeah, Shuey was the problem. Just like in 2018 GF when Yeo got tagged, shuey ran riot, they switched the tag to Shuey at half time and then Yeo got back into the game. Bucks made the right call assuming Shuey would be underdone.
I was expecting that Kelly would free up Shuey/Yeo and vice versa which would mean they would have a huge impact on the year. That didn't happen which was a disappointment. Hopefully Kelly can integrate more into the midfield freeing up Yeo et al to do some real damage next year.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
I read where Shuey stated that in the first half he felt like his lungs were going to explode and it wasn't until the 3rd quarter that he found his second wind - this is what happens unfortunately taking underdone players recovering from injury into a final but I guess there was no alternative with Yeo being out. Probably he would have got away with that in a normal home & away match but not in a final due to the increase in tempo?

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast
You guys are going off the draft value index.

Everybody knows that the value of draft picks aren't scaled to their points index.

We gave up 13, 14, 24, 31.

Not a single top 10 pick.

In 2019 Kelly was easily worth the same as Treloar, Shiel, Beams in 2014. Clubs all gave up 2 top 10 picks for those players.

Kelly was and is worth 2 top 10 picks. We didn't have them.

We didn't have a single top ten pick. We could have either tried to package 14/24/31 in to the top 10 and handed that over + our future first, or just hand over the picks to Geelong so they can try and get a top 10 pick out of it.
Those other teams all got a 2nd rounder back which doesn't seem much but it is . Its another decent quality youngster on our list .

Pick 13 + 14 + 31 was easily enough .
We got hosed at the trade table and suffered from it . We didn't need to give up that Sydney pick and would have got us rivers or sharpe

greatwhiteshark

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
TK May of been disappointed that his team mates don’t give it their all every game for every minute. Put it all on the line all the time. He might of been in shock for most of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad