Analysis Breaking down the Tim Kelly trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly lifted his output in 2017, but could've been rookie listed before that point.

Our 2017 draft was fantastic even without Kelly. Allen looks like a 10-15 year key forward. No way I'd trade him for Kelly and keep all the picks we sent out.

I'm of the opinion that players like Kelly should earn effective DFA status anyway. Once you have nominated for say 3 drafts and been overlooked, you should be able to sign with the club of your choosing. And each year you are in the draft counts for free agency. There aren't many players art 24/25 anyway, but do we expect them to uproot their lives then have limited freedom of movement until they are 33?

Yes. People do it everyday, moving cities, countries for their jobs. And often it’s do that or hand in your resignation.

He of course has an option of not playing afl. But nowhere are you allowed to pick an industry to work in and expect the industry to change for you just because it’s uprooting for you personally as a 24 year old. He is handsomely compensated for it.

Yes. People do it everyday, moving cities, countries for their jobs. And often it’s do that or hand in your resignation.

He of course has an option of not playing afl. But nowhere are you allowed to pick an industry to work in and expect the industry to change for you just because it’s uprooting for you personally as a 24 year old. He is handsomely compensated for it.

If it was me I would move anywhere for a shot at making it, but then I was never any good so I can say that purely hypothetically. I'm only talking about 24/25 year olds who have been in the draft a bunch of times already. 18 year olds can suck it up.

Drafted players aren't that highly compensated. I can see why guys in their 20s who haven't made it don't persist with state league footy. I think it was Andrew Strijk who made less money playing for WC than he did in his full time job while he was playing for West Perth.

Kelly is going to be our equivalent of Carlton's trade for Judd. Except we aint getting a browlow medallist.

So is this thread only going to get bumped every year we don't win a flag?

I'd just like to point out that Yeo and Shuey are going to miss the majority of 2021, and without Kelly we wouldn't be top 8 right now, let alone be in touch to finish top 4.
Yep Kelly has had some absolute massive games this year. Really look forward to seeing all 3 in the same team without covid reduced game time. The only game all three have played together on a normal game was round 1 last year with no crowd at Optis and we looked a million bucks.

So correct. I have lived in 22 homes and three countries so far.

Yep Kelly has had some absolute massive games this year. Really look forward to seeing all 3 in the same team without covid reduced game time. The only game all three have played together on a normal game was round 1 last year with no crowd at Optis and we looked a million bucks.
Kelly is our only A grade mid on the field at the moment. He is of huge value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back