Breaking into the 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Broomhead will be lucky to break into the best 22 this year, has clearly shown he has quality football in him.

By best 22 i mean the VFL best 22.

Who do you all think is our best back 6 they we want playing at the top end of the season?

B. M Scharenberg ~ L Dunn ~ T Langdon
HB. J Howe ~ D Moore ~ J Crisp

with B Maynard the 7th changing through, supporting, runnng through.

(Reserve stocks would hence be: Greenwood, Appelby, Quaynor, Goldsack, Murphy being the big watch)

I don't anticipate either of these two to be on the list long-term, unfortunately.
I think Daicos has more chance of making it than Brown, but agree that neither seem to be quite up to it.

To my eye don’t seem any more capable than a Cook/Stanley type. Probably not in the selection conversation for a long term contender, which is what I hope we become.

I think Daicos has more chance of making it than Brown, but agree that neither seem to be quite up to it.

To my eye don’t seem any more capable than a Cook/Stanley type. Probably not in the selection conversation for a long term contender, which is what I hope we become.

I'm leaning more towards Brown over Daicos, and yet can't help but agree that neither will be banging the door down next year. Hopefully I am proven woefully wrong.

I don't know people would pick Langdon over Shaz.

When Shaz is fit, he is one of our 1st picked defenders.

There is a reason we signed Shaz up before Langdon.

Because he was injured & had no wriggle room?

I honestly believe Daicos has some real genuine smarts about him, he moves well in traffic, his left or right doesn't matter, has that natural spacial awareness. His defensive side stacks up, kid will be a ripper as he becomes a man.

I could be biased because of the legend that is his father, I don't think so but willing to acknowledge it.

I'm still more bullish on Shaz, just think he is a real class act,. Langdon has been fantastic and happy we resigned him and will be a very handy defender.

I just believe Shaz has a higher ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember thinking he had some half back potential after that play. Obviously takes alot more than a single play to make that call.
It’s the way he moved and the delivery on the left that reminded me of a particular someone. He could have just as easily dropped that on his right boot. It’s just a glimpse but it looked all class and that’s repeatable. This kid can play football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back