News Breaking News: Bomber Thompson to face a string of Drug Charges

Remove this Banner Ad

GC is probably typing up bigfooty posts when patients think he is updating their medical details. He might be my doctor who sits behind a closed door in his room for 10 minutes between patients. The time for moderation and lengthy posts has to be cherry picked from somewhere. Doctors aren't supposed to have lots of spare time.
Many of GCs posts are made in the early hours when I assume he is off shift. Hopefully he’s saving someone’s life right now.

Perhaps you could name your school and insert a class photo. Maybe we could all just vacate our cyber closets and reveal to the bigfooty world just who and what we truly are!
Wouldn’t that be great! We could all just go to the pub together and have a real conversation. CFC choose to posts pictures from his private life and I respect him for that, although I would never do that. Would you?

Whatever. My post was a reasonable one. Was nice to see your photos today, you are clearly a great dad.

Jmac70 I know I don’t like beer but you need to take it easy mate.

G C and I are more than capable of having a civil conversation.

By the way you know the reported post is a joke yeah?

Jmac70 I know I don’t like beer but you need to take it easy mate.

G C and I are more than capable of having a civil conversation.

By the way you know the reported post is a joke yeah?
It was a joke the first time mate. The tenth time not so much.

It was a joke the first time mate. The tenth time not so much.

Yet you did it for real......and I don’t have a sense of humour :drunk:

Sorry bro tired and my perceptive skills are not at their best tonight. I should know better than to post at night.

It’s all good mate I don’t judge people.

Interested in G C’s response. It’s a discussion forum and this is a good discussion IMO.

At the end of the day we are all Pies supporters.

Goodnight all it’s been a big day.

Yet you did it for real......and I don’t have a sense of humour :drunk:
Yes I did and I make no apology. I felt I was justified. If you want to continue with it then I really don’t care.

On the subject of Geelong and the allegations of drug use there is no proof. If you want to believe it then that’s your right to do so. I’m out of this debate.

Wouldn’t that be great! We could all just go to the pub together and have a real conversation. CFC choose to posts pictures from his private life and I respect him for that, although I would never do that. Would you?
TD does. I have but not of me. CFC has posted family pics before today. (Didn't see today's pictorial post). Public disclosure depends on what you have got to boast about or secrete in life, and how happy you are with your own body and identity. Anyway, I'd happily have a beer with you. I reckon you'd be a fun drinking partner.

TD does. I have but not of me. CFC has posted family pics before today. (Didn't see today's pictorial post). Public disclosure depends on what you have got to boast about or secrete in life, and how happy you are with your own body and identity. Anyway, I'd happily have a beer with you. I reckon you'd be a fun drinking partner.
I tried to post a picture of my beer once but I couldn’t attach the photo...

Gone Critical are you a surgeon? I think someone said that in the past.

I am interested because people defend you on all things medical.......no disrespect intended just would like to know your area of expertise in the field.
Yep I am a doctor and in terms of surgery I perform gynaecological surgery. The sort of stuff I would do surgically would be Caesarean Sections, operative laparoscopies, treatment of endometriosis, proplapse, hysterectomy, repairs etc etc. I am also active as an obstetrician so would help with the management of pregnancies.

I have worked a bit in plastics as a younger doctor which was really the closest I came to dealing with injuries, fractures etc at Footscray hospital so was plenty of trauma in that. I have no expertise in sports medicine so the opinions I give are based on more general surgical and medical principals. I am critical of the evidence use to assess most outcomes in sports medicine as being generally questionable. The field is too small and trends change too quickly for anyone to really make proper evidence based assessments and f how things run.

In the desire sport has to keep up and buck the latest trend it's almost impossible to change that but I reckon people should understand that the evidence all these training programmes are based on are flimsy. No real way around it cause sport can't sit still and be considered but that's why we shouldn't just accept what we get told

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at times posters misinterpret me as being a bit of an apologist for the AFL or medical staff of clubs etc. I am as cynical as anyone.

I believe plenty in AFL clubs may go down the PED route if they felt they could get away with it. Also plenty of PED have big effects. Still I doubt logistically that anytihing substantial happened at Geelong. Power or endurance individual sports are much easy really targets for doping. Anything that has happened in the AFL I suspect would be relatively clandestine and involve individuals or a few players. James Hird I am suspicious of and maybe some Hawks dabbled in the 80's. Conlan looked likely and L know someone who worked for Dougie Barwick who reckons he never but there were always rumours at that time

The logistics of a large scale doping program involving a whole team seems to hard not to have been discovered. We know Essendon did it and they were caught. I doubt it was systemic elsewhere because I reckon it's to only hard to have stated in house.

I think at times posters misinterpret me as being a bit of an apologist for the AFL or medical staff of clubs etc. I am as cynical as anyone.

I believe plenty in AFL clubs may go down the PED route if they felt they could get away with it. Also plenty of PED have big effects. Still I doubt logistically that anytihing substantial happened at Geelong. Power or endurance individual sports are much easy really targets for doping. Anything that has happened in the AFL I suspect would be relatively clandestine and involve individuals or a few players. James Hird I am suspicious of and maybe some Hawks dabbled in the 80's. Conlan looked likely and L know someone who worked for Dougie Barwick who reckons he never but there were always rumours at that time

The logistics of a large scale doping program involving a whole team seems to hard not to have been discovered. We know Essendon did it and they were caught. I doubt it was systemic elsewhere because I reckon it's to only hard to have stated in house.
The truth would have been outed had a whole Geelong team indulged in doping. As you say, an individual's use of a PED is more easily concealed. Conlan and Barwick both played for Fitzroy together, didn't they? Are you suggesting they colluded and performance enhanced in tandem?

The truth would have been outed had a whole Geelong team indulged in doping. As you say, an individual's use of a PED is more easily concealed. Conlan and Barwick both played for Fitzroy together, didn't they? Are you suggesting they colluded and performance enhanced in tandem?
I used to look at them and think Dougy was just a little Conlan so I thought it likely. Then I thought Fitzroy were the underdogs and I wished they would knock off the Hawks or someone so I hoped they would get away with it. Then Barwick came to the Pies and kicked that beautiful goal which signalled the drought had broken. I had an immediate revelation and knew Dougy never took a drop of anything untoward. Conlan maybe.

I used to look at them and think Dougy was just a little Conlan so I thought it likely. Then I thought Fitzroy were the underdogs and I wished they would knock off the Hawks or someone so I hoped they would get away with it. Then Barwick came to the Pies and kicked that beautiful goal which signalled the drought had broken. I had an immediate revelation and knew Dougy never took a drop of anything untoward. Conlan maybe.
They were both very solidly constructed with chests that probably forced them up a size in jumpers, and piston legs that churned-up turf and pounded the ball a country mile. Yes they could both have been driven by some pharmacological force that elevated their play to a higher level. And Barwick's long goal was certainly the sealer.

Many of GCs posts are made in the early hours when I assume he is off shift. Hopefully he’s saving someone’s life right now.
He was probably typing up one of several posts below when you thought he'd be saving lives. I prefer to think that he is multitasking - posting, moderating, examining and operating at the same time, like juggling so many balls, so to speak .... How else could he do all that he obviously does!!

He was probably typing up one of several posts below when you thought he'd be saving lives. I prefer to think that he is multitasking - posting, moderating, examining and operating at the same time, like juggling so many balls, so to speak .... How else could he do all that he obviously does!!
Let's go with he is a bit of a Richard Edward who spends too much time on big footy. That should cover all of us even if we need to change the pronoun. Sorry MG, VP

You are making assumptions. Maybe I am not viewing this from the perspective of a normal logical rational person, but am simply assuming that trading into a life of wealth, status and notoriety would compensate for all sorts of major character deficiencies -

I think we’re making two different points that aren’t mutually exclusive.

You seem to be making the point that success allows people to get away with more stuff.

I’m making the point that stratospheric success and catastrophic fall from grace can be two sides of the same coin.

... or at least allow you to get away with bizarre or evil s**t, like Donald Trump ...

IMO Donald Trump’s behavior isn’t much different to that of your average CEO. We’re just not used to politicians behaving like that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Trump isn’t crazy, I’m just saying that he’s crazy like most CEO’s or big business folks I’ve had to deal with.

... or Jimmy Saville.

Yeah, fair enough.

Dane Swan has today succumbed to yet another online sex scandal. I like Dane, but he is not without his own tendency towards self-implosion.

When we judge it against our own values, fair enough. But we (I) don’t know the circumstances. Maybe Dane and Taylor have a “Hallpass Thursdays” arrangement?

Lives can be fragile things, and the evidence that is now emerging of Thompson's recent life suggest that his time bomb has ticked loudly enough to be heard but has been largely ignored.

Yeah, largely ignored, but not entirely ignored.

He hasn’t been working in the AFL industry for a while.

Yep I am a doctor and in terms of surgery I perform gynaecological surgery. The sort of stuff I would do surgically would be Caesarean Sections, operative laparoscopies, treatment of endometriosis, proplapse, hysterectomy, repairs etc etc. I am also active as an obstetrician so would help with the management of pregnancies.

I have worked a bit in plastics as a younger doctor which was really the closest I came to dealing with injuries, fractures etc at Footscray hospital so was plenty of trauma in that. I have no expertise in sports medicine so the opinions I give are based on more general surgical and medical principals. I am critical of the evidence use to assess most outcomes in sports medicine as being generally questionable. The field is too small and trends change too quickly for anyone to really make proper evidence based assessments and f how things run.

In the desire sport has to keep up and buck the latest trend it's almost impossible to change that but I reckon people should understand that the evidence all these training programmes are based on are flimsy. No real way around it cause sport can't sit still and be considered but that's why we shouldn't just accept what we get told

GC sounds like he could be an expert in his chosen field. Takes one to know one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Being a doctor.. has it made it harder or easier to pick up over the years re?

Geelong played in a PF in 2004 and SF in 2005. They were a young team on the rise.

It was more a question of what the feck happened in 2006? It was a wasted season.
No dispute Geelong were going to be a flag threat with or without PEDs. That doesn't change the strong probability that they used PEds based on the circumstantial evidence.

2006 was a bad coaching failure I think. Bomber was trying to make them play Swans flood football with some Terry Wallace basketball crap thrown in as I recall.

Last edited:
No dispute Geelong were going to be a flag threat with or without PEDs. That doesn't change the strong probability that they used PEds based on the circumstantial evidence.

2006 was a bad coaching failure I think. Bomber was trying to make them play Swans flood football with some Terry Wallace basketball crap thrown in as I recall.

“Strong probability”? Seriously? Can you please provide said circumstantial evidence?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

was a bad coaching failure I think. Bomber was trying to make them play Swans flood football with some Terry Wallace basketball crap thrown in as I recall.
Geelong were investigated by ASADA, all there records were gone through. Dank supplied them some Activegan in 2009 (calf blood which was injected directly into muscle injury). They interviewed him for a role at the club after the 2008 season but didn't offer him a job.

So tell me how it is a strong probability Dank ran a PED program similar to what he did at Essendon when he never worked for Geelong and had no contact with their players?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back