News Breaking News: Bomber Thompson to face a string of Drug Charges

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok enough about Bomber and the Druggies.

I have heard a rumour in the past. Not sure if it is true or bullshit. It isn't footy related as such.

As we know every summer we have an influx of the best Athletes (track & field......dab.....dab) from around the world come here to train. I heard that while they are here they do not get tested by WADA.

Does anyone if this is true or not?

Nathan Bock was smeared. The whole club hasn't been.

Dank got sacked before that happened.

You know who runs GCS?

My 20 cents.

Dank and the Dons got sanctioned by ASADA for using thymosin (I think that was the name). Early in the scandal Dank admitted to using it with Essendon because, despite trying to skate the line of, he was too stupid to keep abreast of new additions to the banned substances list. They didn't get done for AOD, suggesting that you can get away with staying in the grey area. They were trying to stay within the grey area, but Dank's incompetence meant they crossed over in to the black area.

Whilst it's possible or even likely that he went into the grey area with Geelong, there is nothing to suggest that he crossed over into the area of banned substances, so we should stop pointing the finger at a remarkable team.

Nice take on it and entirely plausible. The whatever we takes attitude combined with Danks basic incompetence about keeping up with the legalities caused them to step over the line. Doesnt make them any less culpable though. If you deliberately flirt with grey area then you are responsible if you go too far into the black. Especially when the program is so widespread and regimented

Last edited:

My 20 cents.

Dank and the Dons got sanctioned by ASADA for using thymosin (I think that was the name). Early in the scandal Dank admitted to using it with Essendon because, despite trying to skate the line of, he was too stupid to keep abreast of new additions to the banned substances list. They didn't get done for AOD, suggesting that you can get away with staying in the grey area. They were trying to stay within the grey area, but Dank's incompetence meant they crossed over in to the black area.

Whilst it's possible or even likely that he went into the grey area with Geelong, there is nothing to suggest that he crossed over into the area of banned substances, so we should stop pointing the finger at a remarkable team.

Just on your Essendon theory and Dank (I know it's been done to death) but why would Hird and Goodwin take/get Hexarelin from Dank........but then expect Dank to inject the players off site with vitamins?

Please don't tell me they are coaches so they are exempted from the WADA code.

It's obvious with all the evidence we have heard/read that Dank isn't hired or consulted for Vitamin C tablets.

Just on your Essendon theory and Dank (I know it's been done to death) but why would Hird and Goodwin take/get Hexarelin from Dank........but then expect Dank to inject the players off site with vitamins?

Please don't tell me they are coaches so they are exempted from the WADA code.

It's obvious with all the evidence we have heard/read that Dank isn't hired or consulted for Vitamin C tablets.

I think that Hexarelin was the coaches vanity and fear of aging and irrelevant to what the players took. Just as Thompson's recent issues with recreational drugs is irrelevant. Goodwin's reminders to 'bring the good stuff' suggests that it wasn't something that Dank automatically brought and wasn't a part of the players drug program.

I think that with the players at Essendon, Dank was sanctioned to put together a concoction of drugs that hadn't been added to the banned list, in an attempt to mimic the affects of Human Growth Hormone. He was using substances which hadn't been tested on humans in the quantities that he was administering, potentially putting players health at risk and attempting to breach the spirit of the anti-drug code. It was as dodgy as all hell, which is why it was done off site. I think all involved in concocting or approving the plan should have received 10 year bans, regardless of whether the substance was grey or black.

But at Geelong, I see no evidence to smear the club, other than guilt by association, which doesn't sit well with me.

I think that Hexarelin was the coaches vanity and fear of aging and irrelevant to what the players took. Just as Thompson's recent issues with recreational drugs is irrelevant. Goodwin's reminders to 'bring the good stuff' suggests that it wasn't something that Dank automatically brought and wasn't a part of the players drug program.

I think that with the players at Essendon, Dank was sanctioned to put together a concoction of drugs that hadn't been added to the banned list, in an attempt to mimic the affects of Human Growth Hormone. He was using substances which hadn't been tested on humans in the quantities that he was administering, potentially putting players health at risk and attempting to breach the spirit of the anti-drug code. It was as dodgy as all hell, which is why it was done off site. I think all involved in concocting or approving the plan should have received 10 year bans, regardless of whether the substance was grey or black.

But at Geelong, I see no evidence to smear the club, other than guilt by association, which doesn't sit well with me.

It's got nothing to do with smearing or guilt by association

Dank's modes operandi is to be leading edge in his field and be one step ahead of the rest.

That is why he is hired and that is why my head is not in the sand on this matter.

508B9583-7F17-4B8C-9A98-80CD9A43A4A8.jpeg

It's got nothing to do with smearing or guilt by association

Dank's modes operandi is to be leading edge in his field and be one step ahead of the rest.

That is why he is hired and that is why my head is not in the sand on this matter.

I reckon Dank is an absolute shocker. I reckon if a club tasked him with injecting players with HGH without their knowledge, he'd do it with glee and boastfully. But I've got no reason to believe that Geelong tasked him with or approved anything more dodgy than recommending a legit supplements program.

I love the he operated in the grey area of sports science. So what you are saying is, he created new peptides that had the same effect as EPO but because they were not on the WADA and ASADA banned substance list (because they didn’t know about them) he is ok with administering them until they become banned.

This is why both WADA and ASADA are a joke. There should be an approved list. If it is not on there you can’t take it. Much easier to administer and no grey area.

Clearly the only reason WADA and ASADA exist is to provide the governing bodies limit on liabilities from any injuries or conditions that develop from taking PEDs by the athletes. They can argue in court that they did everything reasonable to ensure that the competitors are clean and as such they are not liable is someone develops cancer or similar from taking any unapproved substances.

The governing bodies have no interest in cleaning up the sports just to cover their arse and profits.

I love the he operated in the grey area of sports science. So what you are saying is, he created new peptides that had the same effect as EPO but because they were not on the WADA and ASADA banned substance list (because they didn’t know about them) he is ok with administering them until they become banned.

This is why both WADA and ASADA are a joke. There should be an approved list. If it is not on there you can’t take it. Much easier to administer and no grey area.

Clearly the only reason WADA and ASADA exist is to provide the governing bodies limit on liabilities from any injuries or conditions that develop from taking PEDs by the athletes. They can argue in court that they did everything reasonable to ensure that the competitors are clean and as such they are not liable is someone develops cancer or similar from taking any unapproved substances.

The governing bodies have no interest in cleaning up the sports just to cover their arse and profits.

Virtually impossible. When you break down plants and food, it's a combination of chemicals. Most of these chemicals are legal, but a few are illegal. An approved list would have to contain all of the chemicals that can be found in food. They'd almost certainly miss some and thus it would be a breach of the rules to eat something like a banana.You could attempt to produce a list of only synthetically produced chemicals, but that'd have to include all of the additives in processed food and drinks as well as all of the other chemicals that we ingest through our skin - a bloody huge list. It would also make it nigh on impossible for athletes to read the list, because it would be inexhaustible.

Overall your criticism is really unfair, WADA have tried to outlaw the grey area, but at the moment they don't have enough confidence in the wording of their legislation to take action on the grey area. It's like tax laws, where accountants find loopholes which are legal even though they contravene the intended spirit of the law.

Nathan Bock was smeared. The whole club hasn't been.
The club at the time was up here, media and the other codes loved it.
They are not now, mainly cause of two reasons. Essendon and Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right Shane Woewodin a F KN Brownlow Medalist of all things.............that is the smoking gun right there sideswipe Gone Critical

At this juncture I would like to close my Prima Facie case..........the prosecution rests.

Thinking something is true because you would like to think it is true does not make it true.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Virtually impossible. When you break down plants and food, it's a combination of chemicals. Most of these chemicals are legal, but a few are illegal. An approved list would have to contain all of the chemicals that can be found in food. They'd almost certainly miss some and thus it would be a breach of the rules to eat something like a banana.You could attempt to produce a list of only synthetically produced chemicals, but that'd have to include all of the additives in processed food and drinks as well as all of the other chemicals that we ingest through our skin - a bloody huge list. It would also make it nigh on impossible for athletes to read the list, because it would be inexhaustible.

Overall your criticism is really unfair, WADA have tried to outlaw the grey area, but at the moment they don't have enough confidence in the wording of their legislation to take action on the grey area. It's like tax laws, where accountants find loopholes which are legal even though they contravene the intended spirit of the law.
Exactly. Next you are going to tell me that the government can’t close the tax loop holes because it’s too difficult. If the AFL was interested they have the funds to test every athlete after every game. You know where everyone is and can be done efficiently. Think about it. It’s quite practical don’t you think?

Hopefully the fact that Bomber is a human does not get lost in the drug politics, always remembering that, allegedly, the only reason drugs are illegal is to protect humans from harm.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back