Breaking News from Socrates2, Jaidyn Stephenson caught betting on AFL.Will probably be suspended for 10 weeks derailing the Pies season.

Remove this Banner Ad

The news is so recent, that there is no news source but my little birds I have in various suburbs tell me it's true. A sad tale for the boy with heart problems.
View attachment 694445
Edit ,I have found a news source thanks to my network of cadets.https://www.zerohanger.com/breaking...ng-irregularity-involving-pies-forward-30904/

Watch out, this Tigers supporter can predict the future............ this doesn't bode well for Catflog fans. The Geewrong Catflogs will crash and burn this year :D

100% a cover up, story changes by the minute:

From Yahoo sports...
"
The revelation that a joke sparked the chain of events that led to his ban is at odds with his explanations earlier on Wednesday.

Stephenson had struggled to explain why it took three bets for him to realise his error and speak to Pies football boss Geoff Walsh.

"I think the first two times I was just a bit oblivious to it," he said.

"In the moment I was a little bit ignorant and I thought it might just be harmless, but after the third time it was just weighing on me. It was starting to build up.

"I was just feeling way too guilty."

"

So, not only are both explanations a lie - he says in his lie that he felt guilty. E.g. he DID know that it was wrong.

In summary, your honours, if a guy lies about not knowing it was wrong, and then says he fessed up because he felt guilty, it means that he was definitely tipped off. Criminals don't develop a conscience midway through their third crime, unless one of the snitches tells them they should.

I’d have thought betting under someone else’s account would make the ‘ignorant and harmless’ statements somewhat ironic.

I want to feel bad for him. I like the way he goes about it. But I can’t help but feel it’s WAY bigger then what it’s been made out to be.

I also hope it’s left now as he’s young. Guy can be a gun.

Can easily derail a young bloke.

Why did this have to happen to Space Man???? :sob: Why can't we be more like Europe where exciting players like Messi can avoid taxes and nothing happens because everyone loves him and hates boring "governing bodies"???? All the beautiful exciting people get treated so poorly by the AFL!!

giphy.gif

I see the beautiful exciting Paul Scholes has just dropped 8 grand :D

scholesey.JPG

IMO he should have copped 22 matches with a further 22 matches suspended (or even a total ban if he does it again).

No excuse at all. Players fully understand they can’t do it.

When you can gamble on a sport it is open to corruption. This is a bigger AFL issue. What’s to say a player isn’t offered $50k to not kick a goal etc etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this hasn’t already happened but the AFL has kept it quiet. During the Essendon drug saga, there was a major investigation into sports gambling/corruption in Australian sport with shocking results. It went quiet while the Essendon saga took centre stage for the AFL.

Last edited:
Whats completely damning about this whole scenario is Jaedyn, the Pies and Gil have had an entire month to get their stories straight, and they all still manage to * it up.
They were probably going to hold on to it for a few more weeks but Gil wanted to rush it out this week while he was under pressure about crowd control

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were probably going to hold on to it for a few more weeks but Gil wanted to rush it out this week while he was under pressure about crowd control
Look, I have plenty of alfoil here, but you don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to see the obvious link between the two.

My take is the same but just differs on what is covering what. I think the Pies reported, the Unit for Propaganda and Enlightenment said we need a distraction, the media marketing team said what about crowd behaviour, and Gil said let's get the fans riled up about security.

The icing on the cake was that Benny Hill farce with the security guard trying to break up players. Word of advice, numpties, if you think something is so ridiculous as to be unbelievable, it's because it is. You have been stitched up this past month.

They say he dropped down the draft order because of his heart, and it's true, the kid has got no ticker.
Some of the these blond-headed well groomed guys get a free tick on the character test (eg bay folk hero Jack Watts).Give me Sydney Stack anyday at least he's ******* honest!.🦆🦆🦆🦆:collingwood::collingwood::collingwood:💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩:frogface::frogface::frogface::frogface::frogface:
Pretty laughable Soc, you accusing an AFL player of having no ticker. Particularly coming from a guy who has never played an AFL match, and comes across as a one out keyboard coward, and who would cry like a baby if faced with any sort of physicality.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back