Breaking the cats hoodoo with one win!

Remove this Banner Ad

bullruckle81

Senior List
Mar 24, 2008
Japan
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know I’m getting way ahead of myself here and we may well lose another prelim, but after last night’s awesome game, I was just doing a little daydreaming about the Bullies next two weeks.

First off, in the upcoming two Prelim Finals matches we could end up seeing a complete reversal of both the round 23 results.
I was thinking how funny that would be after all the doom and gloom we had at the end of the regular season, to then get the sweet realization that the round 23 results didn’t end up costing us anything.

I then started to think how amazing it would be if we were to beat the cats in the Grand Final!
Think about it, after almost 30 years of various heartbreaking finals losses to the cats and them pretty much owning us in the regular seasons throughout that time, if we were to win against them in a Grand Final, it would be the ultimate cats cleanser.
From then on it would instantly change from Geelong is our bogey side, to sure the cats usually beat us, but we won the one that mattered!!!

Like I said, getting ahead of myself, but damn, would that be so so sweet.

Come on you Bullies!! Wether we win or lose, WE’LL WIN!!!

Last edited:
If we do make it through to the GF I'd rather it was Melbourne because I couldn't stand losing to Geelong and seeing those privileged geriatrics raise the cup. But especially that perennial whinger and bad loser Scott.

However, thinking about it now there could be some benefits ... as long as we beat them.

For a start we are more likely to have the neutrals on our side than if it was Melbourne. Secondly I'd rate us a much better chance of actually winning the game if it was against Geelong.

And as you say it'd be nice to own a result like that and get rid of the bogey (something we've been pretty good at doing in recent years). I couldn't stand the alternative outcome though ...

Good call dogwatch, I didn’t say it but it did cross my mind. If we were to play the cats and win, it would be so amazing! But if we played them and lost…well then the monkey on the back against the cats would turn into King Kong! Man that would suck!

If the cats managed to beat Melbourne and make it through, there is no way we would beat them.

I need to also say, that there is no way Geelong will beat Melbourne.

Last edited:
I know I’m getting way ahead of myself here and we may well lose another prelim, but after last night’s awesome game, I was just doing a little daydreaming about the Bullies next two weeks.

First off, in the upcoming two Prelim Finals matches we could end up seeing a complete reversal of both the round 23 results.
I was thinking how funny that would be after all the doom and gloom we had at the end of the regular season, to then get the sweet realization that the round 23 results didn’t end up costing us anything.

I then started to think how amazing it would be if we were to beat the cats in the Grand Final!
Think about it, after almost 30 years of various heartbreaking finals losses to the cats and them pretty much owning us in the regular seasons throughout that time, if we were to win against them in a Grand Final, it would be the ultimate cats cleanser.
From then on it would instantly change from Geelong is our bogey side, to sure the cats usually beat us, but we won the one that mattered!!!

Like I said, getting ahead of myself, but damn, would that be so so sweet.

Come on you Bullies!! Wether we win or lose, WE’LL WIN!!!
Revenge for the '76 elim final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back