BreakingNewz::Shane Crawford stinks it up in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Apparantly Crawford got a role in the musical about raincoats. Fmd.

images (89) (11).jpeg

Here's a review of his performance.

"The only disappointment, well telegraphed by the controversy of his casting, is ex-AFL footballer Shane Crawford. In fact, disappointment doesn’t begin to cover it. In a production where every performer is at the top of their game, Crawford’s blundering, tone-deaf turn as the Pharaoh is crushingly bad. Utterly devoid of stage presence, incapable of delivering a single line with flair or conviction, his addition to the production reads like a giant insult. "

One of my favourite musicals, and was tempted to go and see it to sing along, but I wouldn't have been able to take Crawf seriously as the Pharaoh.
Good on him for doing it though - been a rough year for him.

By the way, the shiny gold shorts he's wearing are the other part to our power rangers guernsey ensemble.

Crawf, stick to the footy mate.

Though it would be really meta if he released a cover version of TISM's "I Rooted A Girl Who Rooted A Guy"

Last edited:
More reviews..

The Age's Cameron Woodhead heaped plenty of praise on the production as a whole, but was damning of Crawford's performance.

'Whatever the hell Crawford is doing as the Pharaoh, it isn't acting,' he wrote.

'The Pharaoh is supposed to be comic relief – a sort of ancient Egyptian Elvis impersonation – but Crawford can't really hold a tune or wobble a seductive lip (or even find the right spot to stand, sometimes) and his clueless prancing resembles variety performance with a whiff of ritual humiliation about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back