• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which puts him a bit ahead of Tex who didn't crack double digits for disposals after round 4. I wouldn't be too quick to rubbish 10 touches per game as the second forward with shortened quarters whilst playing ahead of the spoon winning side.
Tex only had 5 games all year when he didn't get double digit disposals.
1636284897700.png

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Which puts him a bit ahead of Tex who didn't crack double digits for disposals after round 4. I wouldn't be too quick to rubbish 10 touches per game as the second forward with shortened quarters whilst playing ahead of the spoon winning side.
Not sure what stats you are looking at but here is Tex's stats. Besides Rnd 7, 8, 19 and 20 he had more than 10 touches in every game

1636316319272.png

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tex only had 5 games all year when he didn't get double digit disposals.
View attachment 1276219

great, now the table for 2020, which was the only season being discussEd. Unless you think we won the spoon this year too, in which case there's a conjecture in the draft thread over a pretty clear decision.

Still baffling how we managed him at the start of this year given his awesome finish to 2020.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
His what now?

Last 10 games, only broke 15 touches once and averaged like 9.8 PPG.

4 goals in last 6 rounds and 9 in total. 9 goals after round 9

Your expectations are extremely low if you think he had an “awesome finish to the year”

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Of that list I chose Pedlar, as he stood out as having something a little different in his disposal, etc. Reckon you could've put Hinge on that list too, as I think, assuming his shoulder is OK, that'll he'll become a regular in the team across half-back.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I stuck with my man Fogarty. The term break-out to me means into the All-Australian discussion ... more than just improvement.

Guys like Pedlar and Thilthorpe will grow in status for sure, but they are a bit fresh to take that huge leap.

I love Berry, can see some really good things in his kit. Same goes for a lot of that list.

Hope McAsey gets a real run at it and shows us some of that potential being realised.

Look at the list and games played:

1 - Worrell
2 - Pedlar
3 - Cook
10 - McAsey
14 - Thilthorpe
16 - Hately
17 - Berry
24 - Butts
25 - Hamill
27 - McPherson
27 - Sholl
29 - McHenry
30 - Schoenberg
38 - Jones
41 - Fogarty

Fogarty will pass 50 during this season - that should be enough for us to finally put a marker on where Fog is heading. I'm guessing it will be Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon!

The only real other contenders in my eyes with that potential to leap up into the higher echelon are Jones, Sholl and Shoenberg. All with 25+ games under their belts and signs that there is more to come. Would bet on Shoenberg being an All Australian squad member in 2023.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
When it comes to having a major break out season, I think you need to be careful about expecting too much from the guys going in to their second season. It's not unusual for there to be a bit of regression there.

For me then, I'm looking at Chayce Jones. I think he found a role that let him build confidence. I suspect he will take a huge leap this year, play every game, dominate some of them and really put himself on the map (possible AA squad). I also wouldn't be surprised to see him pinch hit in the midfield occasionally as well.

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My choice is Luke Pedlar with the obvious proviso that he has a full preseason and stays fit. His AFL debut was underwhelming but he showed signs in the Twos that he will be a very, very good AFL player.

Thilthorpe has shown signs at AFL level already but I expect him to go to a new level this year and wins the silver.

My bronze goes to Cook with Berry and Billy* unlucky to miss the podium.

* Only joking

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1
Schoenberg has all Australian written all over him. We just have start giving him full midfield time. Starting to edge up to 30 touches, strong, very fast in the mind and runs forward of the contest. Also has a superb kick off 1 step. Our forwards, especially Fog, will blossom with him there. Just a natural footballer, but one who has the athletic traits to go with it.

Another guy I have really high hopes for is Frampton. I’m not sure why its taken so long for the coaches to work it out, but Billy looks a born backman. He is a monster of a bloke, but actually really quick off the mark and can be very physical and competitive When he has confidence. His issues have been that he is not naturally gifted at finding the ball, so having someone who is, take him there, is going to really improve him. He also has an awesome field kick, which is severally underestimated as he doesn’t always kick for goal well, but if he can get that confidence level (that I think is his cryptonite actually) up, then he has all the tools to star in that position.

Lastly Cook looks like he is 14 but goodness there is natural talent there. High half forward in Lynch role or ultimately on Seedsman wing and I think we are going to love him for years. Just looks like the game is slow to him, like I always felt with D Jarman and Stevie J. Obviously has a very long way to go to get close to those levels, but considering what we’ve already seen from him without having an AFL body, then the sky is the limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mileratkinsshow

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like the ones with two legs

I am excited by our young list. Schoenberg, TT, Cook, Scholl’s ability to rack up possessions and good use, Jones form from back end of last season. Add a very good player at pick 4 or 2 good players from a Pick swap and I think we could have a strong team in the future. Of all that lot I have most confidence in Schoenberg I think but there are so many who could be real talents, including Gollant, Pedlar and Berry. Well done recruiting team. Finals in 2023, I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I am excited by our young list. Schoenberg, TT, Cook, Scholl’s ability to rack up possessions and good use, Jones form from back end of last season. Add a very good player at pick 4 or 2 good players from a Pick swap and I think we could have a strong team in the future. Of all that lot I have most confidence in Schoenberg I think but there are so many who could be real talents, including Gollant, Pedlar and Berry. Well done recruiting team. Finals in 2023, I think.

Every club needs a year where they nail the Draft ....I reckon last year was our year ....4 players that should become staples of our team in years to come ....Thilly, Pedlar, Berry, and Cook ....that's a great talent pool

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

There's a lot to like about the list.

Statistically a bunch of the young kids won't be that good. Mcasey is a worry right now for example. Hope this is his year.

Hopefully we defy the statistics - that's how you get a quality list and a premiership.

CROW in BALI

Cancelled
Freeze MND Challenge 2021
Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
“ Dawson goes long to a leading Fogarty ” , hope to be hearing a bit of that next year .
Massive first 6 games for Fog , hope he is Burgess fit and really breaks it open .

BIG DAN 99

Rookie
Oct 13, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SANFL Roosters
The Fog i think will have a big year, he'll be fitter and he'll get better delivery with Dawson and Milera in the team, and with Tex not there for the first few games he'll be the number 1 target so hopefully Fog will have that breakout year we've all been waiting for. Sholl and McAsey to also have very good years

Back