• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick4To6

Team Captain
Tasmanian Team
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which puts him a bit ahead of Tex who didn't crack double digits for disposals after round 4. I wouldn't be too quick to rubbish 10 touches per game as the second forward with shortened quarters whilst playing ahead of the spoon winning side.

Everyone knows, when Tex is injured or hampered by his fitness his output is next to useless. He was injured in 2020, IIRC it was his big toe. That was why his numbers were astronomical low.

Now, compare that to his 2021 season and it’s chalk and cheese.

Elliot Himmelberg has had ample time and opportunity to prove he has the ability to become a key forward in the AFL system. IMO, he hasn’t grabbed it and we are just wasting out time with him by giving him more game time. Time to move on.

Last edited:

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why are posters stating Schoenberg? He broke out this season.

I’m banking on Jones, he showed improvement but with another preseason, renewed confidence and without the mental pressure, reckon he could have a very good season.

Of the juniors, want to see Pedlar, Cook and hopefully Worrell come on. Would be surprised if McAsey does but would be great, means we haven’t blown that pick.

oh and Fog needs to

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone knows, when Tex is injured or hampered by his fitness his output is next to useless. He was injured in 2020, IIRC it was his big toe. That was why his numbers were astronomical low.

Now, compare that to his 2021 season and it’s chalk and cheese.

Elliot Himmelberg has had ample time and opportunity to prove he has the ability to become a key forward in the AFL system. IMO, he hasn’t grabbed it and we are just wasting out time with him by giving him more game time. Time to move on.

No excuses, he didn’t have to take the field. It was a spoon season and Fog was fit all year and missed 7 games. Plus any of Fish, Berg or Frampton could have been just as bad and allowed him to heal. But like Talia, he put his hand up and is entirely responsible for the outcome.

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
“ Dawson goes long to a leading Fogarty ” , hope to be hearing a bit of that next year .
Massive first 6 games for Fog , hope he is Burgess fit and really breaks it open .
I think Burgess effect is unlikely to be felt next season with Fog. I think the year after next will be the year where Fog just explodes….provided he is willing to do the hard work.

Last edited:

Pick4To6

Team Captain
Tasmanian Team
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
No excuses, he didn’t have to take the field. It was a spoon season and Fog was fit all year and missed 7 games. Plus any of Fish, Berg or Frampton could have been just as bad and allowed him to heal. But like Talia, he put his hand up and is entirely responsible for the outcome.

cool. Good to know.

Expect that wasn’t the discussion. 👍

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
1. Schoenberg
2. Pedlar
3. Cook
in that order - I would love Fog to turn full beast mode and dominate games {Thriller also} but I have held such aspirations for him for so long I am beginning to wonder if he ever will - The Thriller though will definitely turn some games in his career!
Same for me.

Pick4To6

Team Captain
Tasmanian Team
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
but it was. You excused his output based on his bad toe. nice try though. :thumbsu:

What the hell does this have to do with Himmelberg?

You used Tex’s 2020 poor stars year as a reference to Himmelberg, but that reference becomes irrelevant.

DroppingTheBall

All Australian
Jul 12, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldn’t put big money on it, but I’m praying that Burgess gets inside Fog’s head and out pops the guy the club wanted to see this year.

Why are posters stating Schoenberg? He broke out this season.

I’m banking on Jones, he showed improvement but with another preseason, renewed confidence and without the mental pressure, reckon he could have a very good season.

Of the juniors, want to see Pedlar, Cook and hopefully Worrell come on. Would be surprised if McAsey does but would be great, means we haven’t blown that pick.

oh and Fog needs to

He was beginning to when the year ended, however, the season ended a bit too quickly to really cement it. That said, a big preseason and Schoenberg could feasibly end up our best midfielder by the end of 2022.

I think Burgess effect is unlikely to be felt next season with Fog. I think the year after next will be the year where Fog just explodes….provided he is willing to do the hard work.

It's pretty unlikely. Fogarty really doesn't have the game to be anything more than an average AFL option, even if he gets fitter.

The lack of athleticism, explosiveness, contested marking power and Thilthorpe will end up holding Fog back. Still, he could be a rather useful piece to support Thilthorpe, and that's all we really need Fog to be now.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
He was beginning to when the year ended, however, the season ended a bit too quickly to really cement it. That said, a big preseason and Schoenberg could feasibly end up our best midfielder by the end of 2022.

It's pretty unlikely. Fogarty really doesn't have the game to be anything more than an average AFL option, even if he gets fitter.

The lack of athleticism, explosiveness, contested marking power and Thilthorpe will end up holding Fog back. Still, he could be a rather useful piece to support Thilthorpe, and that's all we really need Fog to be now.
Tex is not a great contested mark, is not explosive or athletic but like Fogarty he has an excellent kick and what Tex has over Fogarty (other than natural goal sense) is excellent engine to cover the ground and get the ball on the lead.
Fogarty makes sense as a Tex replacement. He is not a natural footballer that Tex is but he certainly could unlock his game by getting fitter and to cover more ground and get the ball on the lead.

He only needs to mark the ball inside 50 3 times a game and he will get you 3 goals….that is 60 goal forward. He doesn’t need much to unlock that. With Thilthorpe hopefully developing into the type if player we hope, Fog gets 2nd defender which makes life a bit easier for him, if he is prepared to do the work.

Tex is not a great contested mark, is not explosive or athletic but like Fogarty he has an excellent kick and what Tex has over Fogarty (other than natural goal sense) is excellent engine to cover the ground and get the ball on the lead.
Fogarty makes sense as a Tex replacement. He is not a natural footballer that Tex is but he certainly could unlock his game by getting fitter and to cover more ground and get the ball on the lead.

He only needs to mark the ball inside 50 3 times a game and he will get you 3 goals….that is 60 goal forward. He doesn’t need much to unlock that. With Thilthorpe hopefully developing into the type if player we hope, Fog gets 2nd defender which makes life a bit easier for him, if he is prepared to do the work.

It doesn't make any sense considering our list. For Thilthorpe to even scratch the surface on the vast amount of potential he has, he needs to be Texs replacement as a CHF who can cover the ground/lead up forward. After all, we want him around the ball as much as possible. Tex was also rather athletic when he came into the club, he only lost it when he did his ACL and decided he wanted to be a contested marking option.

The question for Fogarty is can he find a niche around Thilthorpe. He might be suited to it, seeing he was starting to build a bit of chemistry with Thilly, and he doesn't waste too many chances. I doubt there is much improvement left in Fog, and he'll cap out as a deep 2nd/3rd tall who'll flux between a 30-45 goal forward, who is a liability otherwise, depending on the quality of the side around him. There is certainly value in a player like that in the mid-to-back end of a best 22.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
Schoenberg
Cook
Berry
Pedlar

The improvement of these four will determine how far we can rise, and how quickly.

Schoenberg - could very well be an elite level midfielder of the comp
Cook - not next year, but his ceiling is also elite. Needs to cement his spot next year and show glimpses, as Harry has in 2021
Berry - I'm bullish on this guy becoming Joel Selwood MKII
Pedlar - untapped and unknown at this stage, but as bullish as I am on Berry, Pedlar looked better in the pre-season games before injury plagued his year. Solid pre-season will be huge to see what his development looks like.

The other one is RT, but expecting small increments of improvement next year. Trying temper expectations on him, but the sky is the limit. Not sure if it is next year, or 2023, or 2024, but it will come.

Bump.

Berry the shining light from this post.

Well, Harry has been a disappointment, Cook showed signs but is being kept in the twos for some stupid reason and Pedlar is made of crepe paper.

RT on track for my prediction. Was good today.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Somehow I have this feeling Ned McHenry is going to really elevate further this coming season into a 4 quarter consistent elite running niggling pest of a player that gets a heap of ball too - he will become an integral part of the midfield rotation

Wooooffffff 🫤

Although tbf I voted Cook and that hasn’t turned out much better. Why the * we haven’t pumped as many games into him as humanly possible I’ll never know.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
If we mean coming into prominence as a top-level player - Schoenberg

Otherwise, I think Cook could genuinely come out of nowhere and be considered a regular
golf lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Back