Breakout Star

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF ? I've been banned before lol
Got back a couple of weeks ago.
The mods actually missed me.
Listen here fat fella. It might all be subai where you are at but mentioning nice family and ling in the same conversation should be a ban. I don't care what color his brother's hair is, our mods are not on point. Carlton mods would probably give you a lifetime ban for that.

Listen here fat fella. It might all be subai where you are at but mentioning nice family and ling in the same conversation should be a ban. I don't care what color his brother's hair is, our mods are not on point. Carlton mods would probably give you a lifetime ban for that.
Lol yeah subai muk muk my no idea at all friend. Last mod gave me a double dose of a ban. Yes he was a Carlton mod. I hear he is on a higher level than the mods.
If you know what I mean.
Like the landlord here.

Was lucky enough to get down and watch a bit of training yesterday, and the man I was most intrigued to see was Arlo Draper - given some of the hype and excitement around him from some of the track watchers this pre season, I was keen to see him with my own eyes.

Certainly was not disappointed with what I saw of him yesterday in the match sim, snapped a lovely goal, was instrumental in midfield winning his own ball (even against senior bodies), stepping through congestion and clearing to the advantage of teammates on a number of occasions. At one point someone called out to him to watch his defensive positioning and duties and he responded laying a strong tackle followed by a number of repeat efforts in the chain. Realistically I don't expect to see him exploding onto the scene this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he plays 8-12 games and shows us a glimpse of the future.

Was lucky enough to get down and watch a bit of training yesterday, and the man I was most intrigued to see was Arlo Draper - given some of the hype and excitement around him from some of the track watchers this pre season, I was keen to see him with my own eyes.

Certainly was not disappointed with what I saw of him yesterday in the match sim, snapped a lovely goal, was instrumental in midfield winning his own ball (even against senior bodies), stepping through congestion and clearing to the advantage of teammates on a number of occasions. At one point someone called out to him to watch his defensive positioning and duties and he responded laying a strong tackle followed by a number of repeat efforts in the chain. Realistically I don't expect to see him exploding onto the scene this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he plays 8-12 games and shows us a glimpse of the future.
You only had your eyes on Draper? Anyone else stood out?

You only had your eyes on Draper? Anyone else stood out?
I did make a deliberate effort to keep an eye on Draper, but many others to take note of as well (for the sake of the theme of this thread I will keep it to youngster or new faces that I took note of):

Reef: Seems to be training almost exclusively as the deepest forward and looks settled in this position. Times his leads well, presents up at the footy and has sure hands. Not sure how he'll squeeze into a forward line with the likes of Checkers, AJ, McStay seemingly ahead of him in the queue, but as long as he continues to improve and put his best foot forward in the VFL he'll get his chance. I wonder if he's move here correlates with the move of WHE to the backline?

Hill: Electric inside-50 and has the speed and skills to give defenders nightmares. Moves quickly into space i50 and has the wheels to make his own space when required. Didn't get to see much of his crumbing ability or forward pressure so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure he will feature early on

Dean: Attacks every contest, has solid hands and seems to be developing the knowledge of when to mark v punch. With him, Frampton and Murphy all eyeing of the final defender spot it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Frampton: Good signs, took a few marks and reads the play and gets into the space well. A recruit who's benefit we'll see more in what he does for Moore, Howe etc as opposed to his own individual performances.

Kelly: Was ok without being eye-catching. Behind Murphy, Frampton and Dean at this stage and I doubt we see him barring a run of injuries to our KPD's.

McStay: Used his size and strength well, has great hands and tidy skills for a big man. He will be a big and important presence for us i50 and similar to Frampton a lot of the positives we will get out of him will come from the relief and support he provides the likes of Checkers and AJ, but I don't see a reason why McStay can't have a ~35 goal season himself.

McCreery: Seems to be over his injury and at times was flying around as Beau does. His pressure is league best imo and I wouldn't mind seeing him used up the ground a bit at times to add some more toughness and speed into our midfield.

N Daicos: What more can be said? Oozes talent and class with everything he does, finds the ball with ease and makes the game look like a stroll in the park. An AA year beckons for the new "little master".

I'm sure some of the more diligent track watchers could should better light on how most of the squad are tracking, and the training reports in the pre-training thread are fantastic insight into sessions and players performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back