Breakout Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Josh Daicos is being overlooked. 24 years old, approaching 100 games, cemented himself in the 22 and wing position, career highs last year. I think he is primed to go the next level.

Saw a bit of limited midfield center time late in the season and didn't look out of place in there. If that increases then I reckon he will elevate his game again.

Wilson a bit stiff , has some great attributes, probably left his run a bit late after spending time playing basketball at a high level , then deciding to switch back to AFL. Deserves a crack at it , I just can’t see where he fits in with us , there are a couple of clubs who should be looking at bringing him in at seasons end , should Collingwood cut him loose , same as RUSCOE. How Kelly is still there is beyond me , rather we kept McMahon.

Wilson seems to lack a bit of pace, like Schaz it will eventually be his undoing imo.

Bobby hill got a feeling he's going to have a decent season. If Frampton can hold down a spot down back and perform I think Moore will go up a level as well.

If Frampton can hold a kpd spot then the major benefactor will be Howe. Howe as 3rd in will be back to his AA level self imo.

I think 2023 will be Howes last year, turning 33 and a pretty banged up body now. Once he loses some of his leap he will struggle on the ground.
Nah. Really complete player. Would need to lose an enormous amount of his athleticism for the rest of his game to not be good enough to play a role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big change to us this year is the introduction of Titch to the stoppages. This will (hopefully) have two big shifts in our play - the ball gets into our forward line quicker and more often and the ball gets into our defence less often and when it does get there, it gets in slower. So who benefits:
  • our backline runners are more likely to get more of it as a result of more time to set up our preferred structure, so Nobel, IQ and Bruz benefit
  • our forwards benefit with more footy in the forward half and the expected shift of Naics on-ball means he'll be delivering more ball into F50 - so Mihocek and McStay get a better look at it more often - there's more ground ball too, so Elliot, HIMARS (McCreery) and Gini benefit

So my Breakout prediction is:
  • Titch to return to the elite level
  • Jordy to become a consistent game breaker (as a mid/forward) and win an AA nomination
  • HIMARS to become a better than 1.5 goal a game player
  • IQ to be AA
  • Macrae to play 20 or more games (replacing Pendles, Steele or WHE as a first choice player)
  • We're a 2-3 goal a game better side and have very few close games
Who’s HIMARS?

I predict less games where we concede a run of goals, cost us a few times last year.

Saints Rd 1
Cats Rd 3
Lions Rd 5
Tigers Rd 8
Dogs Rd 9
Blues Rd 11
Hawks Rd 12
Giants Rd 15
Roos Rd 17
Ess Rd 19
Bluss Rd 23

Hopefully something is put into practice to address it - happened time and time again last season

My prediction for breakout player, and the one I'm most excited about... Reef!
I've followed him for a few years (surrey park onwards). At the moment he's not in my 22 and in saying that his training has stepped up to another level. He needs to push for selection in the pre-season games. He's got the ability, size and potential to be a solid midfielder. I will add if he can't get into the team this year he should look elsewhere.

I've followed him for a few years (surrey park onwards). At the moment he's not in my 22 and in saying that his training has stepped up to another level. He needs to push for selection in the pre-season games. He's got the ability, size and potential to be a solid midfielder. I will add if he can't get into the team this year he should look elsewhere.
He just excites as a lead up forward for now. Should be a spot for him in some games. He is a developing player, so even if he is not a regular this year, we'd want to hold onto him. Massive upside Imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back