Current Trial Breeana Robinson death case to be reopened

Remove this Banner Ad

on recommendations from the state Coroner, the QLD police are reinvestigating the death of Bree Robinson. The police never aggressively pursued a case against Dan Shearin for Bree’s death, who Dan was only found guilty for cyber stalking.

Ms Robinson lived for just 38 days in the H20 high-rise building at Broadwater with Shearin, her first real boyfriend.

Shearin bombarded Ms Robinson - who was legally blind from a congenital eye disease - with 1439 texts, including belittling messages such as, “You’re more interested in TV, food and everything else but your partner. That’s why everything’s ruined. Your priorities are f***ed up.”

The Police did not interview neighbours of Shearin and an employee of the serviced apartments who told very different accounts in comparison to Shearin’s version.

Great news.

I heard about this case when it was aired on Sunday Night earlier in the year.

There certainly appears to be a number of things police could have done that weren't. Bree's family were pushing hard for the case to be reopened, so I'm glad for their sake the Coroner has requested the case be reopened and investigated properly.

Shearin appears to have an appalling history of reeling women in by promising them the world then throwing an atlas at them. There should be a warning for men like that, some sort of register that points to a destructive pattern of behaviour in relationships. Twenty years older than Bree and her sight impaired, I don't know whether he actually pushed her over that railing but she would have been no match for such a nasty piece of work.

Mr Moorea is facing a two-week committal hearing in the Southport Magistrates Court.

• Jayden Moorea is accused of throwing Gold Coast cheerleader Breeana Robinson off a high-rise building balcony
  • Nine cheerleaders have given evidence, with one saying Ms Robinson seemed "out of sorts" the night she died
  • Mr Moorea's ex-girlfriends are expected to give evidence this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back