Brendan Fevola attempted suicide

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it has been answered already, or if anyone knows, but what were Carltons plans for Fev if Crazy Vossy hadn't of traded for him?

Take whatever they could get in a trade with another team, keep him or delist him?

Not sure if it has been answered already, or if anyone knows, but what were Carltons plans for Fev if Crazy Vossy hadn't of traded for him?

Take whatever they could get in a trade with another team, keep him or delist him?

Don't think it was ever answered. I'd assume Carlton would take action in the same order you've listed them. I doubt they would have flat-out delisted him knowing clubs would jump at him while giving nothing away.

Just watched the interview and really feel for Fev. Always thought he was a twat but can now understand where he's at.

I had severe depression but never realised, eventually I was diagnosed after I really hit rock bottom. After a year of treatment I came out the other side a different person. It's almost impossible to describe to people what it's like living with depression as someone said last night "its like trying to describe to a blind person a blue sky". Just a couple things, while suffering from deppression drugs and alcohol are used as an escape. You drink to get drunk and end up doing stupid things. You also do stupid things because your thought processes are just screwed. Think about it, if you think killing yourself makes sense putting a dildo on your head, cheating on ya misus etc. is't a strech. As with me I think the grog is just a symptom of the depression not the problem. I think he's got it the wrong way round.

What I found amazing was that it has taken so long for him to be diagnosed. What the hell were the Carlton and less so Brisbane doctors doing. They should hang their heads in shame.

Also Fev's problems with ADHD, this is a mental disorder. Now i've been helping a friend with a gambling problem for over ten years. In the last 18 months he's finally made a huge amount of progess. He's been getting treatment via a program at the uni of NSW. The latest research is showing problem gambling is not really an addiction and is more closely related to obessive compulsive disorders and can be treated with cognative thearapy.

Some of the comments here just show the ignorance in the general public about depression. It's a chemical imbalance in your brain that can be treated. Hopefully Fev finds a treatment that works for him and can get his life back. I was lucky and found a medication that worked for me and the fog of depression left me after about 6 weeks. His gambling is another matter, I dont think he's ready to stop or in the right place yet

There was nothing wrong with him when he was at Carlton, the only problem he's had back then was being inmature and stupid.

He has only being diagnosed with depression when he lost everything and this was after he got the sacked at Carlton. He has only disclosed his gambling problem publicly when he went to Brisbane. Don't think Carlton could have helped him when he didn't want to disclose it.

There was nothing wrong with him when he was at Carlton, the only problem he's had back then was being inmature and stupid.

He has only being diagnosed with depression when he lost everything and this was after he got the sacked at Carlton. He has only disclosed his gambling problem publicly when he went to Brisbane. Don't think Carlton could have helped him when he didn't want to disclose it.
He said last night he was diagnosed with depression while in rehab this year. My guess he's had depression for years. It often starts in males in 20's. Has something to do with hormonal changes. It's not something you just wake up with. It can build slowly over years and ebbs and flows. You just can't say he didn't have it a carlton. My guess is that he did as the pattern of behaviour over the years matches what often are symptoms of depression.

I find it amazing that him playing poker (because it has a element of gambling to it) has made such a big deal...The way the world is percieved in the media just sucks people in.

Poker is the new moden game and Fev has never had a gambling problem with it...like he said he gets to spend a few bucks and play a game that lasts a few hours.

Im not a gambler but I love Poker for the challenge of out smarting opponants, no different when I play chest

The media are licking their lips are the opportunity to spin this in favour of selling papers and over running the story on Fev...and just as I expect, people will be suck in one more time!!!

It's still gambling, in an environment where he can just slip over to the roulette table and drop 10 gorillas on black. Either Karate do, or Karate dont, no Karate maybe.

I pay very liitel cash to play...the game last hours. It is a game that involves alot of skill to win and that is the fun of it...People generally don't play poker to win money...and really, it is a very inefficient way to make money considering the time required to put in.

Gambling problems arise from:
1) Horse racing
2) Sports betting
3) pokies

Why? Well because they all have zero interaction...simply put they are focused on putting down money on odds.

Poker is a game that takes hours to play...Venues make their money from the drinks you buy playing not the pissy buy in fee

You are truly clueless on this matter. Stick to your games of "chest".

It says in the newspaper today that he has lost $1 million in gambling. He's been playing professional football for over 10 years, and given that he's got absolutely nothing now, besides his payout from Brisbane lions, where did the rest of the money go? He must have got at least $500k per year playing footy since 2005.

For starters take out 40 % in tax, agents fees (5%?). still a good wage, but not the massive amount people imagine.

Maybe he has nothing because he has put all of it in his super fund ;) 15% tax rather than 50%

Look Fevola needs to grow up and take responsibility for his mental health. i am a psych nurse and there is no way this is legit come on you get in trouble you f***** up again grown up and be a man and take responsiblility for your actions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look Fevola needs to grow up and take responsibility for his mental health. i am a psych nurse and there is no way this is legit come on you get in trouble you f***** up again grown up and be a man and take responsiblility for your actions

...5, 4, 3, 2, 1

You obviously know nothing about depression, I have friends who have depression blah blah blah

If you really are a pysch nurse you should know better than to diagnose from a tv interview.

You aren't a Psych's nurse's a***hole with a post like that.

You might be a proby... but I can let you know right now - you won't make it.

Hmmm ....Fev has a problem? Let's see now...

1)He loves a drink...

2)He is attracted to hot chicks in bikinis

3)He clowns around at social events and has fun

4)He doesn't subscribe to a hypocritical, institutional behavioral system that we should all act according to what? The way your employer, neighbor,mum,society,wife, teacher, religion, expects you to?

5)apparently lacks skill sets to make the right decisions... According to who? What the media thinks is a right decision or what the "jones"s think is the right decision

6)apparently he spends his money inappropriately and should have a lot
more...this coming from...ummmm the unemployed BF poster whose yet to pay a cent in tax or the wannabe millionaire who just came out of a Rich dad poor dad seminar.

7)He agrees to and accepts ridiculous money from an institution whose willing to pay him for a BS story he knows is BS and really doesn't give a toss bcos maybe just maybe he"s smart enough to know a good deal when he sees one.

8)he decides he may aswell go and enjoy the earnings of his hard earned 2 hour gig(which mind you would have taken 90% of posters on here a lifetime to save) in LA where he may well end up spending time with his buddy Charlie Sheen who also recently got sacked and paid handsomely for work he will also never need to attend to and may knock over a case of coke and a handful of pr0n stars while his at it.

Just remind me again..... all this is a problem for who???? The ageing, alcoholic journalist whose wife has just left him for the pool boy with a 15 inch hammer or the debt ridden couch junky whose just lost his job at the Bank whose just realized his 40k arts degree at Latrobe and 12 employee of the months over 15 years all count for what?

Depression ???? Guilt??? Regret??? .....who is the patient and who is the therapist here???

Apparently I here Fev has issues and apparently he once contemplated climbing mount everest and had dreams of becoming a fireman and this one time at band camp

Keep feeding the machine people....it's all good... Most of you don't get it and it doesn't really matter....believe, think, and do whatever makes you feel good ...

Chop chop

Can't believe a doctor is giving him an anti-alchohol pill that works by (according to Brendan who thinks this is a fantastic idea) potentially killing him if he has a beer!! WTF???? :eek::eek::eek:

Can't believe a doctor is giving him an anti-alchohol pill that works by (according to Brendan who thinks this is a fantastic idea) potentially killing him if he has a beer!! WTF???? :eek::eek::eek:

I presume he is taking Antabuse (Disulfiram). This is not fatal after one beer, it just makes you feel like absolute s**t. Fatality is an extremely rare side-effect but as with most medications it is a possibility.

You may well be a psych nurse, (god help those in your care), but it doesnt make you a good one!!. As said you cant make a diagnosis from the TV, also as a psych nurse you cannot make a diagnosis at all.

What you have said it like saying to a severly depressed person, pull your socks up and get on with it. That is the complete opposite of what you are taught about depression, so me thinks you are in the wrong job and very ignorant. Please let us know where you are a nurse, so all can be removed from your care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back