Brendan Whitecross - new role as an assistant coach (forwards)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jona Segal was very confident in the Heath long form interview that all the players conditioning was top notch during the time off and they were well onto the return phase.

Would imagine that's where you start re accountability.
Agree
It’s time for change there Jona Segal has been around for a long time and doesn’t have a lot to show for it

Agree
It’s time for change there Jona Segal has been around for a long time and doesn’t have a lot to show for it

He might be very good within his own remit but like most people at the club, stick around long enough and you seem to find yourself elevated to executive level.

Regardless of results.

Cameron Joyce, Jona Segal, Donald McDonald, Darren Crocker and Bryce Lewis like this

He might be very good within his own remit but like most people at the club, stick around long enough and you seem to find yourself elevated to executive level.

Regardless of results.

Cameron Joyce, Jona Segal, Donald McDonald, Darren Crocker and Bryce Lewis like this
This reminds me of people who go out get an MBA, their writing style changes to a whole of of abbreviations and talk of kpi’s with very little substance to what they’re actually writing.
With the old cliche, I’m more of a people manager.

It was more who was kept imo but it is what it is.

The articulate considered guy with 4 years grand final / premiership squad intel struck as a higher priority than a couple of others but there you go.
Im actually willing to cop a price hike on my membership if the club comes out and claims it’ll allow us to retain football related people and or programs.
* the debt. The state of our lists and the players development needs all the help it can get.

For a massive sport science push, how did Brad get it so wrong?
There is more to footy than sorts science.

You have to train hard to train your mind to go when there is not much left for you to go with. That is what I reckon anyway. A lot of sports science types would disagree. But it's not an either or thing. There is plenty of good stuff in sports science.

But in Aussie rules you aren't a peak athlete like an Olympic hurdler. You are more like a soldier or a gladiator. You need to be able to perform under physical duress. After you've copped a few knocks. Your body needs to learn to find a way thru instead of just being at so called optimal physical capacity.

You need to train skills when you are exhausted, as well as when you are fresh, so you get your technique right when you are fresh and then work on maintaining it under fatigue.

That means those extra hundred shots at goal even tho someone in the lab says you shouldn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back