Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I never thought of him as a cult figure but going off this thread he's rated as one. Got it?

No mate. In this thread you bagged the crap out of anyone who rated him. In the other thread you are suddenly rating him. People are getting sick of your agenda.

Well I forgot Karnesis but he was the less talented of the 4 so I was less concerned. In order I'd rank Marsh Abbott Martin (close 3rd) Karnesis who were going to become big game players at Collingwood.

So we can't pump him up while he's with us but you can after he leaves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why have you decided to start referring to Abbott as a cult figure when you clearly didn't rate him?
I don't really understand the reason for bumping this thread other than to have a go at a fellow poster.
Why not ask this 12 months ago when he made the comment?

I don't really understand the reason for bumping this thread other than to have a go at a fellow poster.
Why not ask this 12 months ago when he made the comment?

It was asked by numerous posters 12 months ago. I bumped this thread because TG appears to have changed his mind. Why?

Yes how the story goes. We draft an absolute steal then he has all the potential to be the next gun. Then when he's delisted he's a spud.

It was you who said he was a spud. Now you say he was a gun. Which is it?

Go jmac70 , it's ya b'day... We gon' party like it's yo birthday

Yes how the story goes. We draft an absolute steal then he has all the potential to be the next gun. Then when he's delisted he's a spud.
Or in your case he's a spud until he's delisted then he's a gun and the club is to blame for ruining him.

Oddly you seem to like taking a contrarian viewpoint to a lot of things. Here is a perfect example.
BF posters had high hopes for the kid (and he was a bit of a cult figure but you don't need to be a proven gun to be that, you just need a point of difference which he had) but you were very negative on him.
Then he leaves and all of a sudden you're saying how he would have been the next big game player for us.
It's perplexing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was you who said he was a spud. Now you say he was a gun. Which is it?
Reading between the Thatsgold lines I would say he was pointing out that he was a spud all along and that it is the way of other Bigfooty posters who say when he arrives he is a draft steal, when he plays he is a developing gun, when he is delisted he is a spud. I'm trying to avoid being TG's official interpreter but I think he's giving a shout out to himself in that he held firm to the SPUD line from start to finish during Abbots career; unlike others.

Reading between the Thatsgold lines I would say he was pointing out that he was a spud all along and that it is the way of other Bigfooty posters who say when he arrives he is a draft steal, when he plays he is a developing gun, when he is delisted he is a spud. I'm trying to avoid being TG's official interpreter but I think he's giving a shout out to himself in that he held firm to the SPUD line from start to finish during Abbots career; unlike others.

That's possibly the case, although he has a hazy way of stating it. But he was also one of Sinclairs biggest detractors and now he claims him as one of his own as though he never disliked him.

That's possibly the case, although he has a hazy way of stating it. But he was also one of Sinclairs biggest detractors and now he claims him as one of his own as though he never disliked him.

I speak TG. I for one am holding firm on my view of Sinclairs spudliness. IF he can hold his form and manage to play out a whole season without multiple injury interruptions.. then I may change my mind..

Oddly you seem to like taking a contrarian viewpoint to a lot of things. Here is a perfect example.
BF posters had high hopes for the kid (and he was a bit of a cult figure but you don't need to be a proven gun to be that, you just need a point of difference which he had) but you were very negative on him.
Then he leaves and all of a sudden you're saying how he would have been the next big game player for us.
It's perplexing.

BANG!

Contrarian is exactly the right term.

The poster in question does this constantly - whatever the majority view is of a certain topic, he takes the opposing view - if the majority changes then he flips as well.
Hopeless.

BANG!

Contrarian is exactly the right term.

The poster in question does this constantly - whatever the majority view is of a certain topic, he takes the opposing view - if the majority changes then he flips as well.
Hopeless.
Contrarians actually serve a very important role in a healthy society... and a healthy discussion. The thing that should concern you more is how often they are proved right.

At least That's Gold and Doodles are besties, it's nice when fellow posters are close.
Kudos.

I will just throw my two cents in the ring, IMO Brenden was by far the most well equipped athlete of the four to make it at AFL. Brendens' foot skills and raw power was very exciting, shame about his head space due to issues at home I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back