Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope fervently that Brendan can find a good place in his life, find strength and heart enough to be bent but not break under life's storm, and maybe one day be playing football again at whatever level and enjoying that.

Anything else I don't really care about.

I will just throw my two cents in the ring, IMO Brenden was by far the most well equipped athlete of the four to make it at AFL. Brendens' foot skills and raw power was very exciting, shame about his head space due to issues at home I believe.

I reckon if Kyle Martin had have fully committed to AFL, he would have been a gun. Elite play reading, neat skills, an eye for a goal.

BANG!

Contrarian is exactly the right term.

The poster in question does this constantly - whatever the majority view is of a certain topic, he takes the opposing view - if the majority changes then he flips as well.
Hopeless.
Contrarians actually serve a very important role in a healthy society... and a healthy discussion. The thing that should concern you more is how often they are proved right.
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

I hope fervently that Brendan can find a good place in his life, find strength and heart enough to be bent but not break under life's storm, and maybe one day be playing football again at whatever level and enjoying that.

Anything else I don't really care about.
BOOOOOOOO! way too earnest from you Bad Horse!

I speak TG. I for one am holding firm on my view of Sinclairs spudliness. IF he can hold his form and manage to play out a whole season without multiple injury interruptions.. then I may change my mind..

See, I have never understood this whole spud metaphor. I mean, potatoes are kind of cool, they make mashed potato, chips, wedges, potatoes are an absolute marvel from both a taste and productivity per hectare point of view.

I propose that from now on we adopt the parsnip as the official metaphor vegetable of crapness. I will also accept Brussel Sprout.

Go jmac70 , it's ya b'day... We gon' party like it's yo birthday

Really bad idea to let you near popcorn :p

See, I have never understood this whole spud metaphor. I mean, potatoes are kind of cool, they make mashed potato, chips, wedges, potatoes are an absolute marvel from both a taste and productivity per hectare point of view.

I propose that from now on we adopt the parsnip as the official metaphor vegetable of crapness. I will also accept Brussel Sprout.
That's more like it!
You make a very good point about spuds. It is probably the king of vegetable and as such is a terrible metaphor for Sinclair. I don't mind parsnips so I will go with your Brussels sprout suggestion.

That's more like it!
You make a very good point about spuds. It is probably the king of vegetable and as such is a terrible metaphor for Sinclair. I don't mind parsnips so I will go with your Brussels sprout suggestion.
Surely the vegetable is eggplant
Then we can wax lyrical about Christopher Walken being called an eggplant

Really bad idea to let you near popcorn :p

HAHA it is my favourite thing.

Funny story... We had a whirly whirly take off half our roof tiles on the weekend (not so funny actually). When the roof tiler came out, he questioned why there was a cinema's worth of popcorn in the roof space.

#awkward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the vegetable is eggplant
Then we can wax lyrical about Christopher Walken being called an eggplant
Nah, has to be a pumpkin.
Can see a player overweight being a pumpkin, very little secondary use unless you are an American which would then only remind me of Trump.

Nah, has to be a pumpkin.
Can see a player overweight being a pumpkin, very little secondary use unless you are an American which would then only remind me of Trump.
Good to see you about Maggie.
I voted for you in the awards.

You, picaboo, Knightmare, Snoop, magpie bat, all the mods, etc are my favourites

You know that will go miles over most people’s heads.

But your wit, outstanding.
I liked it, but moved on and was like eh it wasn’t 26 likes funny.

The penny dropped about ten seconds later. Outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back