Traded Brendon Ah Chee [traded to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Am I correct in saying he was offered a one-year deal at the end of 2015, so will now be uncontracted?

If so, will he stay at Port Adelaide?

He seems like a player who divides opinion among Power supporters. Is there any consensus on what he might command in a trade?

EDIT: 12 months on and he's again the subject of trade speculation.

Last edited:
Am I correct in saying he was offered a one-year deal at the end of 2015, so will now be uncontracted?

If so, will he stay at Port Adelaide?

He seems like a player who divides opinion among Power supporters. Is there any consensus on what he might command in a trade?
I think he is out of contract would be a good get for either WA clubs big bodied midfielder who is still building his tank.

I think he is out of contract would be a good get for either WA clubs big bodied midfielder who is still building his tank.
It's the sort of risk that both WA teams could do to make at the moment.
WCE need more bodies who can run through the middle, very shallow in there.
Fremantle need an infusion of young talent to start building for their next run at it.

He would work for both. I have absolutely no idea of his contract status however.

I wonder if the Power rated Luke Partington last year. It'd be interesting to see if the Eagles wanted to part with him only one year into his stay, and he would get to return to his home state and favourite club. Eagles need inside mids and I personally rate him.
parto is an inside player and it seems the club rated him highly last year. Partington hasn't set the world on fire but has been ok. seems like he is struggles against bigger bodies at times. I don't the think the we will part ways with partington unless his in a deal to bring a best 22 player in ( i dont think ah chee will be a b22 straight away.

He is coming off a one year deal. I think we are seeing how he plays in the final rounds to see if he is offered another deal. He has dropped off on last years form but has been building up to good form the past month. See what happens. I think it is 50/50
May want to come play with his brother :p Honestly don't think we would be interested.

I'd be pissed if he went elsewhere and put it all together he has a few x-factor traits, he and S. Gray played their best footy for the club late last year when Ryder was in the ruck.. for mine he's a best 22 type in that form & at worst good cover if Wines copped an injury.

I wonder if the Power rated Luke Partington last year. It'd be interesting to see if the Eagles wanted to part with him only one year into his stay, and he would get to return to his home state and favourite club. Eagles need inside mids and I personally rate him.

Eagles have already extended Partington's contract at the end of his first preseason.

That says they rate him a lot. No way would he be involved in a trade for Ah Chee.

Karpany would be more likely. Just payed his first game last week and has had soft tissue injuries for several years holding him back. Very similar trade value I would suggest.

Ah Chee drafted in 2011 with 21 games struggling to get into the best 22 in a year the team hasn't played well.

Karpany drafted in 2014

Last edited:
parto is an inside player and it seems the club rated him highly last year. Partington hasn't set the world on fire but has been ok. seems like he is struggles against bigger bodies at times. I don't the think the we will part ways with partington unless his in a deal to bring a best 22 player in ( i dont think ah chee will be a b22 straight away.

He's only young with what it seems to be a fair amount of talent. However, I can see what you're talking about. He played some senior football with Norwood in the SANFL last season and really didn't live up to his reputation as a junior. The larger bodies seemed to be a constant problem for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the knock on this bloke? I was at the game at Etihad late last season and he tore us a new one. I couldn't believe how big he was.

What is the knock on this bloke? I was at the game at Etihad late last season and he tore us a new one. I couldn't believe how big he was.
That's the frustrating thing he really looked like he was breaking out into a quality unit late last year but he's just had little impact this year & just doesn't get involved enough.. let's face it you could say the latter about alot of Port players this year.

Struggled with consistency all year as has been said but does look at home at AFL level. His handball is a genuine weapon and also his marking. Can take a nice contested grab. I think a late second would get the deal done. Possibly third rounder if no one else shows interest.

No way an average, uncontracted player gets a 2nd rounder imo. First offer to Port would be around 50ish, depending on which club bid. See no reason how he's different to a guy like Jansen.

No way an average, uncontracted player gets a 2nd rounder imo. First offer to Port would be around 50ish, depending on which club bid. See no reason how he's different to a guy like Jansen.

Because Jansen never got near an AFL game and Ah Chee already has a 26 disposal 3 goal 3 Brownlow vote game under his belt?

Eagles have already extended Partington's contract at the end of his first preseason.

That says they rate him a lot. No way would he be involved in a trade for Ah Chee.

Karpany would be more likely. Just payed his first game last week and has had soft tissue injuries for several years holding him back. Very similar trade value I would suggest.

Ah Chee drafted in 2011 with 21 games struggling to get into the best 22 in a year the team hasn't played well.

Karpany drafted in 2014

Karpany wouldn't get you anything in a trade. Their trade value is not similar at all

Ah chee was drafted as the youngest kid in his year , only making the cutoff by a week if I remember correctly.

What is Ah Chee actually worth?

More than his trade value to be honest. Probably a pick between 38-50.

Not alot if you just watched todays game lol.. he's out of contract & hasn't been offered a new one thus far so he could get picked up for nothing.

You know he hasn't been offered one or just guessing?

Doesn't work outside the contest enough. If he averaged 25 possies a game he would be top 5 in the Brownlow count. Also needs to turn his battering in to contests and spilling ball out to battering into contests and collecting the ball and burning away with it more. But again , if he did that he would be close to a Brownlow winner.

You don't know how he is different to Jansen because you don't watch or don't care about port Adelaide football. As someone mentioned above he is entirely different.

Basically ah chee has massive massive upside if he can become more consistent outside the contest and get involved a bit more but there is no guarantee that happens. Unfortunately the kind of offers you get for young fringe midfielders are late second to 3rd round picks.

Karpany wouldn't get you anything in a trade. Their trade value is not similar at all

Ah chee was drafted as the youngest kid in his year , only making the cutoff by a week if I remember correctly.

More than his trade value to be honest. Probably a pick between 38-50.

You know he hasn't been offered one or just guessing?

Doesn't work outside the contest enough. If he averaged 25 possies a game he would be top 5 in the Brownlow count. Also needs to turn his battering in to contests and spilling ball out to battering into contests and collecting the ball and burning away with it more. But again , if he did that he would be close to a Brownlow winner.

You don't know how he is different to Jansen because you don't watch or don't care about port Adelaide football. As someone mentioned above he is entirely different.

Basically ah chee has massive massive upside if he can become more consistent outside the contest and get involved a bit more but there is no guarantee that happens. Unfortunately the kind of offers you get for young fringe midfielders are late second to 3rd round picks.
You make some good points but not sure that the fact he was the youngest player drafted 5 years ago is relevant now
I'm keen to get him to the eagles, a third rounder should do it

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back