Traded Brendon Ah Chee [traded to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

How many picks are port likely to use in this draft? For us I think we'll need a decent number of slections to cover all our retirees. Maybe something like Ah Chee and port's 4th for our 3rd? If port are only planning on using a few picks and don't have any use for their 4th rounder I could see this deal potentially going through.

He clearly said the weakest midfield next year.

Unless “West Coast’s Player of the Finals” Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell have reversed their retirement decisions he’s bang on. Wouldn’t have got close without those two in the elimination final.
Our midfield was the worst in the comp this year with those two. So statement holds true

Pick 48 is good business for Port Adelaide, Pick 66 is good business for west coast

1qfl3c.jpg

He clearly said the weakest midfield next year.

Unless “West Coast’s Player of the Finals” Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell have reversed their retirement decisions he’s bang on. Wouldn’t have got close without those two in the elimination final.
Funny when people confidently make complete guesses on something they know nothing about. Shuey was by far our best player in the finals. Priddis played one of his few good games in the elim final, and even then he made a lot of bad errors. We will be better off without him.

I don't think WC fans suggesting a 4th round pick is necessarily a measure on how much he is rated; Rather, the perception is that we often aren't as ruthless as we should be at the trade table. Port have said that they are prepared to let him walk to the draft- why would we move from our position?

I doubt if the shoe was on the other foot, whether you would be keen to give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has spent most of the last couple of years at the lower level. He's worth it, no doubt in my mind, though, just his contract status doesn't leave Port with a great deal of leverage.

Lol so much angst. You guys know it'll probably get done with some pointless future picks added in or something.

Neither club is gonna send a significant amount of time arguing over 48 and 66, and probably far less than some of you have spent in this thread.
Pick 66 will be pick 68 at least after Compo picks get added.

Teams will start passing on the draft around 20 picks before then.
It would be no different taking pick 102 from them.

Its entirely possible port does trade ah Chee for a nothing pick purely out of the kindness of their hearts, and that is exactly what it would be. He is absolutely well worth a pick from 40 onwards in this draft. He is a player that port is better off keeping but he wants to go for more opportunity and good on him. Port fans will wish him all the best.

The sheer fact west coast fans think he isn't worth pick 50 which is what their draft pick will be after compo picks is laughable. You should take that and run.

Your worst case scenario with ah Chee is he only improved like 5% and becomes a solid fringe mid with a big body and some highlight reel moments while you develop other mids and you forget about him as soon as he is gone

He improves 10% you get a cult figure mid who is a long time stalwart of your engine while never becoming a star

He improves greater than that and you have a special player you never forget.

By your own logic here, the difference between 50 and 68 is negligible if teams start passing.

So your going to send a guy that the coach refuses to play into the draft instead of the club of his choice in his hometown just to be campaigners?

Wouldnt be surprised if he comes good given a decent chance. Sorry in a way to see him go, and that he did not seem to have the trust of Hinkley like some of our players did (who I dont think are as good as Arch). Eagles could end up with a good deal I reckon if they get him for a late pick.

Lol so much angst. You guys know it'll probably get done with some pointless future picks added in or something.

Neither club is gonna send a significant amount of time arguing over 48 and 66, and probably far less than some of you have spent in this thread.

By your own logic here, the difference between 50 and 68 is negligible if teams start passing.

Not if you are 50 years old.

Pick 66 will be pick 68 at least after Compo picks get added.

Teams will start passing on the draft around 20 picks before then. It would be no different taking pick 102 from them.

Its entirely possible port does trade ah Chee for a nothing pick purely out of the kindness of their hearts, and that is exactly what it would be. He is absolutely well worth a pick from 40 onwards in this draft. He is a player that port is better off keeping but he wants to go for more opportunity and good on him. Port fans will wish him all the best.

The sheer fact west coast fans think he isn't worth pick 50 which is what their draft pick will be after compo picks is laughable. You should take that and run.

Your worst case scenario with ah Chee is he only improved like 5% and becomes a solid fringe mid with a big body and some highlight reel moments while you develop other mids and you forget about him as soon as he is gone

He improves 10% you get a cult figure mid who is a long time stalwart of your engine while never becoming a star

He improves greater than that and you have a special player you never forget.

Worst case is he becomes worse? Surely??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah that could have nothing at all with possibly having a midfield collection of wines gray boak Ebert wingard Polec Hartlett etc and then adding the breakout spp and promising atley to the side ...

So you're agreeing he's behind plenty at Port? Gotcha.
Jesus you'd think with that sort of midfield depth you'd have pummelled the clearly weak Eagles mids.

So you're agreeing he's behind plenty at Port? Gotcha.
Jesus you'd think with that sort of midfield depth you'd have pummelled the clearly weak Eagles mids.

Unfortunately he is behind plenty at port. We have excellent depth in the midfield , it's the elite top end that needed strengthening.

West coast are losing priddus and Mitchell who were 2 of their better mids in that game.

West coast clearly don't have the same kind of depth in the midfield.

Unfortunately he is behind plenty at port. We have excellent depth in the midfield , it's the elite top end that needed strengthening.

West coast are losing priddus and Mitchell who were 2 of their better mids in that game.

West coast clearly don't have the same kind of depth in the midfield.

Yeah I don't really care to be honest. He's worth stuff all. Arguing over what fraction of stuff all he's worth is pointless.

Oh yeah that could have nothing at all with possibly having a midfield collection of wines gray boak Ebert wingard Polec Hartlett etc and then adding the breakout spp and promising atley to the side ...
Well if he was moving forward as opposed to backwards then I don't see how 2 first year players have managed to overtake him. Could be that he isn't worth much?

Also last I checked Gray spent most of his time in the forwardline these days, Polec is a winger, Hartlett spends a fair amount of time in the backline and Wingard the forwardline. I'm sure an inside midfielder could have played more than 5 games if he wasn't going backwards, like you said.

Well if he was moving forward as opposed to backwards then I don't see how 2 first year players have managed to overtake him. Could be that he isn't worth much?

Also last I checked Gray spent most of his time in the forwardline these days, Polec is a winger, Hartlett spends a fair amount of time in the backline and Wingard the forwardline. I'm sure an inside midfielder could have played more than 5 games if he wasn't going backwards, like you said.
Lol he thinks he has knowledge of ports players, clearly you don't. It was hard enough fitting Boak into the team he rarely got any midfield minutes and you think we'd select Brendan ah chee while struggling to give out captain minutes.

AhChee could go either way. With an extended opportunity, he could legitimately end up being one of West Coasts best Mids, or he could be a complete bust.

I think he'll be one of our best by default no matter what

Lol he thinks he has knowledge of ports players, clearly you don't. It was hard enough fitting Boak into the team he rarely got any midfield minutes and you think we'd select Brendan ah chee while struggling to give out captain minutes.
not sure why you're responding to me then talking about me in 2nd person?

Which part was I wrong about? Point stands, if 2 1st year players have overtaken a player in his 6th year for midfield spots, he can't be that valuable.

Lucky dip is right. Which would WCE fans prefer - lucky dip with a mature inside mid with high end talent but poor consistency, or a third round pick in a shallow draft?

Which is more likely to help your midfield in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back