Traded Brendon Ah Chee [traded to West Coast]

Jun 14, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Ebert (Pick 13 with 76 games, top 10 BnF finish) requests trade to Port Adelaide, West Coast does the right thing by the player and lets him go for unders.

Ah Chee (Pick 45 with 27 games) requests trade to West Coast, Port Adelaide declares he's a "required player" (behind SPP and now Rockliff), then demands pick 48.

:rolleyes:

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ebert (Pick 13 with 76 games, top 10 BnF finish) requests trade to Port Adelaide, West Coast does the right thing by the player and lets him go for unders.

Ah Chee (Pick 45 with 27 games) requests trade to West Coast, Port Adelaide declares he's a "required player" (behind SPP and now Rockliff), then demands pick 48.

:rolleyes:

We gave you our end of first round priority pick for a 3 win season

Get the * over it

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
I guess this one is going to wait until Port are done chasing Watts and Motlop? Could have been done and dusted with minimal of fuss.

Clearly an expendable player with Rockliff knocking him further down the pecking order. Round 4 gets it done. Move on.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
So you're agreeing he's behind plenty at Port? Gotcha.
Jesus you'd think with that sort of midfield depth you'd have pummelled the clearly weak Eagles mids.

They did, WC only saved by some horrendous Port decision making and an inefficient fwd line (plus a very opportune ump's call).

In retrospect Port would have been more competitive against GWS, where the combined lack of speed of Pridchell was horribly exposed.

But fully agree with your 1st sentence, Ah Chee is not worth a 3rd rounder on unfulfilled potential.

vozzon

All Australian
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Essentially for a Round 4 pick at best.

Would lycett entertain a deal back home being a F/A next year? Mabey achee is steakknives in a deal involving him. Not a priority for us but if he can play fwd and rotate with ryder could work.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Port is where second rucks go to die.

Trengove, gawn. Lobbe, going. Renouf, barely cracked a game for 3 years. Jarrad Redden, who?

We're committed to playing two genuine rucks and I reckon Lycett will get more opportunities with us. 50 games in 7 years though so if you want to throw a fat FA contract at him.....

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Lucky dip is right. Which would WCE fans prefer - lucky dip with a mature inside mid with high end talent but poor consistency, or a third round pick in a shallow draft?

Which is more likely to help your midfield in 2018?

Well everyone keeps on saying we have no chance of making the finals in 2018.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Is it only me who thinks Port's midfield was overrated this season? I thought their midfield was terrible in 2015 hence why they drafted Atley, Drew and SPP as players to provide grunt and replace the aging Ebert, Boak.

At the moment, nothing excites me about SPP(yeah he's tough because his body is AFL ready but as a ball winning midfielder he's still got a while to go to reach Anthony Miles or Jarryd Lyons levels which is about his ceiling IMO), Wingard(seems to have completely stagnated, still prefer him as a matchwinning forward), Ebert(solid all around but against elite midfields he's no better than Richard Douglas). Wines is a contested footy beast but he absolutely butchers the footy.

Against the Dee's and many of the top eight sides this year, at times I just struggled to see Port get into the game unless they throw Gray into the guts which compromised their forward structure.

When they made prelims in 2014 both Gray and Boak were playing at an All Australian standard. They need two midfielders playing at that standard at least for their Hartletts, Polecs, Wingards to play their best.

I struggle to see why they couldn't give Ah Chee an extended run just to free Wingard to go forward and put Gray back in the guts. From what it seems, Ah Chee has some skills that the other one dimensional port mids don't have. If he couldn't get one game over SPP or Boak who are atm good solid mids but nothing special, then he doesn't have much value to this Port team and should be valued accordingly.

On another note though, Rockliff is a huge addition. Can come straight in for Boak who is cooked IMO, put Wingard back in the forward line and put Gray in the guts for his class to be available all the time. Gray Rockliff Wines as a trio means you have 3 guys who can win their own footy at an elite level at any time, a suitable number for a team like Port that is so reliant on its own midfield breaking even/beating other midfields. Add SPP, Ebert/Atley/Drew and there's your toughness. Now that's the midfield you need to get back to that exciting 2014 footy.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Is it only me who thinks Port's midfield was overrated this season? I thought their midfield was terrible in 2015 hence why they drafted Atley, Drew and SPP as players to provide grunt and replace the aging Ebert, Boak.

At the moment, nothing excites me about SPP(yeah he's tough because his body is AFL ready but as a ball winning midfielder he's still got a while to go to reach Anthony Miles or Jarryd Lyons levels which is about his ceiling IMO), Wingard(seems to have completely stagnated, still prefer him as a matchwinning forward), Ebert(solid all around but against elite midfields he's no better than Richard Douglas). Wines is a contested footy beast but he absolutely butchers the footy.

Against the Dee's and many of the top eight sides this year, at times I just struggled to see Port get into the game unless they throw Gray into the guts which compromised their forward structure.

When they made prelims in 2014 both Gray and Boak were playing at an All Australian standard. They need two midfielders playing at that standard at least for their Hartletts, Polecs, Wingards to play their best.

I struggle to see why they couldn't give Ah Chee an extended run just to free Wingard to go forward and put Gray back in the guts. From what it seems, Ah Chee has some skills that the other one dimensional port mids don't have. If he couldn't get one game over SPP or Boak who are atm good solid mids but nothing special, then he doesn't have much value to this Port team and should be valued accordingly.

On another note though, Rockliff is a huge addition. Can come straight in for Boak who is cooked IMO, put Wingard back in the forward line and put Gray in the guts for his class to be available all the time. Gray Rockliff Wines as a trio means you have 3 guys who can win their own footy at an elite level at any time, a suitable number for a team like Port that is so reliant on its own midfield breaking even/beating other midfields. Add SPP, Ebert/Atley/Drew and there's your toughness. Now that's the midfield you need to get back to that exciting 2014 footy.

That's a very good analysis. It's VERY good in theory, and that's about where it ends

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

At the moment, nothing excites me about SPP(yeah he's tough because his body is AFL ready but as a ball winning midfielder he's still got a while to go to reach Anthony Miles or Jarryd Lyons levels which is about his ceiling IMO), which compromised their forward structure.

lol

Someone doesn't rate port players. * me that's a new one.

Spp not very good?

So he didn't have the highest clearance rate for minutes in the centre?

He wasn't the best performed first year mid?

He wasn't lining up in the centre against seasoned players with years to build up their bodies?

This is why most of all these comments on port in these threads need to be straight up ignored.

Most posters don't watch us and few that do views are tainted.

Spp will never be better than miles or Lyons. What a joke

Is it only me who thinks Port's midfield was overrated this season?
I suppose it depends on where they were rated. Seems to me Port themselves know where they are at, a 4 to 8 side, hence getting Rockliff.

The comp is so even at the moment a bit of tweaking here and there and it's not hard to move up 6 or 7 spots. I think Port may well be one of the improvers next season.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
I suppose it depends on where they were rated. Seems to me Port themselves know where they are at, a 4 to 8 side, hence getting Rockliff.

The comp is so even at the moment a bit of tweaking here and there and it's not hard to move up 6 or 7 spots. I think Port may well be one of the improvers next season.
Yeah I reckon Port will make the top 4 next season esp. if they add a Watts or Motlop.

Despite the whole salary cap issue that was probably blown out of proportion, they've drafted well and have a lot of good young guys who can only improve like Marshall, Austin, DBJ, Houston, Atley, SPP, Bonner etc.

They do need Hartlett, Pittard, Wingard, Westhoff to return to their best if they want to challenge for the flag though

Just a matter of who blinks first, Port rightfully (like any other team) wanting a better pick then what we've offered but I think it's going to be done for our fourth.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
And in the meantime GWS gives up Smith a previous 1st rounder and best 22 player for less than a 13 pick upgrade after also swapping future picks in Essendons favour.

A pretty bloody good player in their best 22 when fit.

Whereas Port are trying to force a lessor upgrade for a player they didnt play unless forced to and after adding Rockliff for free who plays the same role as Ah chee.

Why cant we trade with GWS instead of these muppets.

Back