Traded Brendon Ah Chee [traded to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

And in the meantime GWS gives up Smith a previous 1st rounder and best 22 player for less than a 13 pick upgrade after also swapping future picks in Essendons favour.

A pretty bloody good player in their best 22 when fit.

Whereas Port are trying to force a lessor upgrade for a player they didnt play unless forced to and after adding Rockliff for free who plays the same role as Ah chee.

Why cant we trade with GWS instead of these muppets.
Port has a pretty good rep RE trading apart from the Doro fiasco Re Paddy Ryder we've had no real trouble getting deal done and fairly so we aren't muppets but your frustrated I understand.

fwiw he hasn't been treated especially well by the club imo I mean wtf is the point of telling a bloke before a balls been bounced he wont be playing much league footy and then utensil blocking his trade. Even as a Port fan I don't really get it.

That being said I think if he had the opportunities in his position the higher beings at Port gifted blokes like Impey I honestly think he would be a first 22 player and a decent one at that. Perhaps we realised we made a mistake?

Just a matter of who blinks first, Port rightfully (like any other team) wanting a better pick then what we've offered but I think it's going to be done for our fourth.
I think this is why the deal hasn't been done. A 4th round pick in this years draft isn't worth anything. Might as well give him to you as a delisted free agent. I think we are looking for a pick upgrade of some type and it might be that we'll have to wait to see what is offered for Lobbe and Young before the Ah Chee trade is done.

I think this is why the deal hasn't been done. A 4th round pick in this years draft isn't worth anything. Might as well give him to you as a delisted free agent. I think we are looking for a pick upgrade of some type and it might be that we'll have to wait to see what is offered for Lobbe and Young before the Ah Chee trade is done.

Will it be our third with something coming back to us or our fourth to you with something else going your way ( meaning a pick upgrade ).

For me there lies the problem , he isn't worth our third but he is worth more than our fourth.

Will it be our third with something coming back to us or our fourth to you with something else going your way ( meaning a pick upgrade ).

For me there lies the problem , he isn't worth our third but he is worth more than our fourth.

To tell you the truth I'd rather swap our Pick 32 for your Pick 30 than get a 4th Round Pick.

Done, let's get the paperwork sorted.

Hahaha - nothing will happen with this trade until Lobbe and Young's future's are settled because I think we will either try to get upgrades with those trades or we will try and get an upgrade with AhChee for a pick we get with either of these guys and there is the Watts situation. What will we need for him or will we get him at all ? But an upgrade into 30 I suspect is what we will be asking for, what from is the question.

Our 2018 2nd round pick for your 2nd round 2018 pick... then we can death ride each other....

:)
Kind of hoping we give hawks future 4th round and ah chee for eagles future 3rd.

Yeah wouldn't mind that - even better our future 4th and AhChee for West Coast future 3rd because West Coast will probably think its a better deal.

I reckon West Coast Pick 30 might be where we go though, because if Watts falls through, there are a bunch of SA lads who could fall around the 30 mark.
So if we have our pick at 29 have West Coasts at 30 and get something around that mark for Lobbe/Young then we can draft in 3 SA boys and there could be a ruck available and a couple midfielders will do nicely. Then try and load up for elite talent next year.

I reckon West Coast Pick 30 might be where we go though, because if Watts falls through, there are a bunch of SA lads who could fall around the 30 mark.
So if we have our pick at 29 have West Coasts at 30 and get something around that mark for Lobbe/Young then we can draft in 3 SA boys and there could be a ruck available and a couple midfielders will do nicely. Then try and load up for elite talent next year.

Zero chance you get our second rounder. It's earmarked for a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance you get our second rounder. It's earmarked for a player.

What I'm saying that we would look to upgrade say a Pick 35 to your Pick 30. But depends on Watts because if we don't get him we have 29 and having 29 & 30 would be a good thing for us and even an upgrade of 5 would be good in this circumstance. This is what I've been saying all along it depends what happens with other guys as to what we will ask for AhChee.

lol dreaming

Like I said before upgrading a pick in the 30's to Pick 30 not Pick 30 by itself.
Will be very surprised if WC compromise their first 2 picks this year after the list manager said they will be looking to improve our draft positioning. Improved 3rd is probably the best you can hope for

What I'm saying that we would look to upgrade say a Pick 35 to your Pick 30. But depends on Watts because if we don't get him we have 29 and having 29 & 30 would be a good thing for us and even an upgrade of 5 would be good in this circumstance. This is what I've been saying all along it depends what happens with other guys as to what we will ask for AhChee.

Not bad but for us I don't think we'll entertain that pick.

How has this trade/non-trade dragged on? Either get it done or **** it off.
FFS we're talking about a guy that barely plays.
What's the hurry apart from supporters getting impatient? It isn't like it is holding up anything else we seem to be doing (or not doing). Both parties are trying to maximise their draft position and holding out for a slightly better deal than the other is offering and Port, in fairness, has had other priorities. Closer to deadline, either one party will blink or there will be a compromise (i.e. give the other what they asked but with a later pick swap the other way etc). Our chances of getting a better deal may also be strengthened by all of Ports ins, including picks they get for players going out. After all that is done, they simply may not care as much what they get for Ah Chee.

Last edited:
What's the hurry apart from supporters getting impatient? It isn't like is is holding up anything else we seem to be doing (or not doing). Both parties are trying to maximise their draft position and holding out for a slightly better deal than the other is offering and Port, in fairness, has had other priorities. Closer to deadline, either one party will blink or there will be a compromise (i.e. give the other what they asked but with a later pick swap the other way etc). Our chances of getting a better deal may also be strengthened by all of Ports ins, including picks they get for players going out. After all that is done, they simply may not care as much what they get for Ah Chee.

Just seems like a weird trade to be lingering. Ah Chee is a fringe mid and Port just brought in two best 22 mids.

I don't imagine he's on big coin but you'd think they'd want to sort their salary cap position ASAP in case they are still in for Watts.

Just seems like a weird trade to be lingering. Ah Chee is a fringe mid and Port just brought in two best 22 mids.

I don't imagine he's on big coin but you'd think they'd want to sort their salary cap position ASAP in case they are still in for Watts.
True, but most of these minor trades seem to happen at the last minute as teams concentrate on the big ones first. There are often a whole heap on the last day and in the last minutes. I assume it will get done and think he will be a pretty good addition. But we will see I guess. But for supporters, no activity is frustrating and I would love some news. Just be thankful we haven't done anything stupid (yet).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back