Traded Brendon Ah Chee [traded to West Coast]

Just seems like a weird trade to be lingering. Ah Chee is a fringe mid and Port just brought in two best 22 mids.

I don't imagine he's on big coin but you'd think they'd want to sort their salary cap position ASAP in case they are still in for Watts.

Port's been the most active club so far, having already done a deal for Impey and brought in Rockliff and Motlop, and they'll now be focused on Watts.

Fair to say they've got other things demanding their attention at this point.

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port's been the most active club so far, having already done a deal for Impey and brought in Rockliff and Motlop, and they'll now be focused on Watts.

Fair to say they've got other things demanding their attention at this point.
At the end of the day the deal will end up being done. Once other trades happened eg Young and Lobbe there will likely be a few options to look at. I doubt that we will ask for much just small upgrade.

Good luck Arch. Good deal, bit of goodwill to just get him where he wanted to go at little cost. Hope he does well. Didnt get the chance here that some got. Reckon he has got something to offer West Coast.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well done, hope he does well at WC ... much loved player at Port. He has some great weapons, and we always felt he was never given an extended opportunity by Ken, unlike some others that are arguably less talented.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Darling for CEY?

77336.jpg

Can someone update the thread title pls

Suit

All Australian
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
• UCI: MTS, LTS • F1: DR, CL, MV
Well done West Coast. Bargain

West Coast may very well have got a bargain, however I don't think Port got short changed per se. It wouldn't have surprised me if Port only got a 4th round pick (in this years draft). Ah Chee just didn't have the currency, and Port the leverage, to expect much more.

Saying that, I would love to see Arch cement a spot in West Coast's 22, and have a great 2018 season.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Good luck Arch. Good deal, bit of goodwill to just get him where he wanted to go at little cost. Hope he does well. Didnt get the chance here that some got. Reckon he has got something to offer West Coast.
Well done, hope he does well at WC ... much loved player at Port. He has some great weapons, and we always felt he was never given an extended opportunity by Ken, unlike some others that are arguably less talented.

Ditto to both of these. Think he'll make a success of it.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
West Coast may very well have got a bargain, however I don't think Port got short changed per se. It wouldn't have surprised me if Port only got a 4th round pick (in this years draft). Ah Chee just didn't have the currency, and Port the leverage, to expect much more.

Saying that, I would love to see Arch cement a spot in West Coast's 22, and have a great 2018 season.

I thought he was definitely best 22 at Port but sometimes the coaching panel have their favourites and this happens.

He will be in the Eagles team round 1 2018 barring injury

Suit

All Australian
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
• UCI: MTS, LTS • F1: DR, CL, MV
I thought he was definitely best 22

Carving it up in a feeder league, doesn't always translate. Of his 5 AFL games this season; Arch had 2 good (both teams Port belted), 1 mediocre, 1 poor, and 1 utterly-woeful performances. So, I don't think he was definitely best 22, far from. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

but sometimes the coaching panel have their favourites and this happens.

Definitely no golden pass for Ah Chee, unlike others....

Last edited:

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
cheap gamble for both with no risk.

Eagles give Ah Chee a chance to be consistent and a good pick up.

Port gain a '18 3rd round while loosing a pick that we wouldn't use having hawks future 4th round pick that should be better than our own.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
We're so s**t at trade week.

Other teams are trading first round picks, bringing in AA calibre players, moving on guys of value...

Meanwhile we umm and ahh over de-listing Sharrod and spend a whole week negotiating a third/fourth round pick swap over a fringe player.

:tearsofjoy:
What about our cunning plan to trade out of the first round?

Back