Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what have they been doing since their last finals appearance (this question can be applied to a number of AFL clubs)?

It shits me enough the way the media are ignoring the evidence before them as to what we started 3 years ago & SOS articulated it beautifully on Footy Classified last night (if you haven't watched it, make sure you do), but when our own supporters ignore it, while at the same time praising other clubs who have been building & rebuilding for a number of years (the Tigers first bottomed out in 2004 & then again in 2007), it is disingenuous.
Richmond rebuild went through 3 coaches if you include Jade Rawlings.

Under Hardwick they went 15 to 12 to 12 to Finals x3. So I would say you cant compare unless we play finals in 2019.

Hardwicks premiership is accredited to a full and thorough review of the footy dept. Hiring of quality assistance such as Neil Balme, Caracella etc and redefining his role to focus on coaching. Well reported.

This off season and associated appointments is our most important in relation to setting us up for the next 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

a good coach has a great club that provides great infrastructure!
we don't have that

no money
no initiatives and innovations
unless you want to share those with us it's hard to be too glass half full

It’s so much better than it was 2-3 years ago and at the moment I have to trust those in charge as they have delivered on every promise.

Others can wallow in misery. I see improvement and hope

Prove it.

It is thoroughly understood that players, when changing role, undergo some changes in their statistics that make them appear to be performing better/worse when in fact it is the difference in the role which can be attributed to the changes in their statistics (Zac Tuohy, for example).

Weitering has had lower possessions year on year, but that can be explained somewhat by a change in role (going from playing quite loosely as an interceptor to playing as a tight checking accountable key defender) and so can Jack (moving from playing third tall in the worst forward line in the competition to being used as a utility in the midfield and the backline). SPS has improved from a statistical basis, and is playing more gametime than he did last year.

I suppose my complaint here is that you and others bemoan the supposed lack of improvement, but don't actually prove that players haven't improved. You rely on that being an unspoken premise, and that premise being valid. Prove to me, in the individual cases you mention, that these players have not improved, and then we can have that particular conversation.

SPS took a massive step forward with his 10 possession quarter on Friday.

Richmond rebuild went through 3 coaches if you include Jade Rawlings.

Under Hardwick they went 15 to 12 to 12 to Finals x3. So I would say you cant compare unless we play finals in 2019.

Hardwicks premiership is accredited to a full and thorough review of the footy dept. Hiring of quality assistance such as Neil Balme, Caracella etc and redefining his role to focus on coaching. Well reported.

This off season and associated appointments is our most important in relation to setting us up for the next 3yrs.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Which took them 7 years

It’s so much better than it was 2-3 years ago and at the moment I have to trust those in charge as they have delivered on every promise.

Others can wallow in misery. I see improvement and hope
it's not about that though mate
everybody has improved against three years ago

it's mostly about how are you going against the competition
your adversaries around you

As SOS said we could become the 8th best side quite easily. This is about long term sustainable success and Flags
this is about premierships he said

but again he gave us no marker on when we will make any kind of move

sos said premiership and sustainable

but that actually is only words

he doesn't have magic formulas for that!
that can't be taken as will happen lol

come on!

what needs to happen is get off the floor and gain momentum put yourself in the eight and then go from there

you can't know about what's a flag formula from loitering about the bottom for years!

can't even take that seriously!

Wonder what their supporters were saying in 2016......wait......I do know and so do you
yeah but again context

they made finals three years straight before that

they also won a few in a row

which means that they had something to work with

arrow you're a smart guy.. but let me ask you this

how does Richmond and Carlton correlate into the same thing and take identical paths etc?

can you explain your logic?

are we following in their footstools precisely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come on!

what needs to happen is get off the floor and gain momentum put yourself in the eight and then go from there

you can't know about what's a flag formula from loitering about the bottom for years!

You continue to contradict yourself. You want markers, yet they are only words

come on!

Ohh FFS. You would find the downside of curing world hunger

Ohh FFS. You would find the downside of curing world hunger
no I wouldn't!
I'm just saying that your logic isn't logical
you're pretending we are Richmond and using them as an example
I can use somebody else as an example of a club that couldn't get it right! but I'm not going to play that game

nor am I going to listen to Silvagni telling us about premierships
stocks did the same thing with his manifesto
germinder told us about the 20 by 2020

I think what we need is real improvement

not cross fingers lala land stuff

don't talk about flags just surprise us

In the meantime can we have some respectability back to this club

it's at its lowest point in it's magnificent history!

and no curing world hunger is a wonderful thing

don't make more bizarre analogies please

it doesn't help your arguments

yeah but again context

they made finals three years straight before that

they also won a few in a row

which means that they had something to work with

arrow you're a smart guy.. but let me ask you this

how does Richmond and Carlton correlate into the same thing and take identical paths etc?

can you explain your logic?

are we following in their footstools precisely?

I am not the one trying to cherry pick via comparisons

Do an analysis of all the sides that have undertaken a rebuild in the last 20 years, as "context"

All have taken different paths, but none have yielded any form of success in 3 years.

Some have been successful, some failed, some have mild improvements

For once, we have undertaken the right path, a path never attempted before this phase

You continue to contradict yourself. You want markers, yet they are only words
markers are smaller goals to a destination
you walk along the path and pass them on your way to your destination
we have only been given an open ended destination without markers
we can't tell if we're even on the course

It's quite funny, when someone comes up with a legitimate argument to which there is little chance of a good response, they are either told they are overly negative or there is a poor attempt to discredit said person. TheHeatleyStand has made some very good points.

Now can someone please explain how the Carlton and Richmond situations are like or can be compared in any way at all.

no I wouldn't!
I'm just saying that your logic isn't logical
you're pretending we are Richmond and using them as an example
I can use somebody else as an example of a club that couldn't get it right! but I'm not going to play that game

nor am I going to listen to Silvagni telling us about premierships
stocks did the same thing with his manifesto
germinder told us about the 20 by 2020

I think what we need is real improvement

not cross fingers lala land stuff

don't talk about flags just surprise us

In the meantime can we have some respectability back to this club

it's at its lowest point in it's magnificent history!

and no curing world hunger is a wonderful thing

don't make more bizarre analogies please

it doesn't help your arguments

I don’t have an argument. I am happy with where the club is at and direction it’s heading. If you’re not that’s your business. I really don’t care

markers are smaller goals to a destination
you walk along the path and pass them on your way to your destination
we have only been given an open ended destination without markers
we can't tell if we're even on the course

If you can't see those markers and completely dismiss what others here can see, no one can help you.

I am not the one trying to cherry pick via comparisons

Do an analysis of all the sides that have undertaken a rebuild in the last 20 years, as "context"

All have taken different paths, but none have yielded any form of success in 3 years.

Some have been successful, some failed, some have mild improvements

For once, we have undertaken the right path, a path never attempted before this phase
but how do you know it's the right path?
you should reread your argument

it's a path.. it doesn't mean it's the right path
and it certainly doesn't mean flags and sustained success

because success is cultural

and we are lacking a successful culture

The conduit between Carlton and success was severed a long time ago

and I'll remind you that were about to win our fifth wooden spoon in less than two decades

means a wooden spoon in less than every five years
in an 18 club competition we have won two in the last 4 years

there's no reason to be here and have the audacity of pretending we know what we are doing

It's quite funny, when someone comes up with a legitimate argument to which there is little chance of a good response, they are either told they are overly negative or there is a poor attempt to discredit said person. TheHeatleyStand has made some very good points.

Now can someone please explain how the Carlton and Richmond situations are like or can be compared in any way at all.

Perhaps you should do that comparison

It's quite funny, when someone comes up with a legitimate argument to which there is little chance of a good response, they are either told they are overly negative or there is a poor attempt to discredit said person. TheHeatleyStand has made some very good points..

Not surprised that’s the way you see it. Most people understand the direction and are mostly supportive of it. More importantly the club have on numerous occasions said the same thing and confirmed the direction and what’s happening. Yet people still whinge

You may think you have a legitimate argument but most on here and the club see it differently

And Yes I think you are negative

but how do you know it's the right path?
you should reread your argument

it's a path.. it doesn't mean it's the right path
and it certainly doesn't mean flags and sustained success

because success is cultural

and we are lacking a successful culture

The conduit between Carlton and success was severed a long time ago

and I'll remind you that were about to win our fifth wooden spoon in less than two decades

means a wooden spoon in less than every five years
in an 18 club competition we have won two in the last 4 years

there's no reason to be here and have the audacity of pretending we know what we are doing

Not interested in win/loss analysis, results take care of themselves if the right processes are implemented and adhered too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back