Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that our season will be well and truly defined by round 8 ...

Sorry, on current form I see nothing to even smile at let alone get excited about... Right direction?
Lets "not change tactics" and there is a good chance of bottom 3. They are showing NOTHING to give me or anyone .00001% confidence. FFS, they are playing Dud Thomas.. you'd be better off being a player down than playing that farce... not sure whose worse, him or Joke Watts.

A good chance of bottom 3?

What were you expecting? A push for finals?

We turned the list over even more again this off season. We have the most players under the age of 21 in the league.

I think you need to temper your expectations. It's going to be a tough year (wins/loses wise). If you aren't gonna be able to handle that I suggest switch off for the next couple of years. Otherwise sit back and watch some of our young kids develop.

Look SB, if its as close a game as last year, and we don't come away with the chocolates, I won't be shattered. But I think we will go very very close to knocking them off in Round 1.

Look SB, if its as close a game as last year, and we don't come away with the chocolates, I won't be shattered. But I think we will go very very close to knocking them off in Round 1.
We'd better, been tipping us as my sure bet every year. Been knocked out of the comp several years running.

Be nice to make it through to round two ... especially when I go to the effort of picking every round.

A good chance of bottom 3?

What were you expecting? A push for finals?

We turned the list over even more again this off season. We have the most players under the age of 21 in the league.

I think you need to temper your expectations. It's going to be a tough year (wins/loses wise). If you aren't gonna be able to handle that I suggest switch off for the next couple of years. Otherwise sit back and watch some of our young kids develop.

I'm all for discussion, but i think you'll find it tough trying to have a rationale conversation with someone who insults players by changing their name like that guy...'Dud Thomas' & 'Joke Watts'. Lame bay type juvenile stuff.

Highly unlikely...yes we like to laugh at Richmond and no, they aren't winning a premiership anytime soon, but they sure are at a more 'developed' stage than us and realistically should beat us.

We'll be introducing more kids into the team this year so arguably our results will be worse this year (but for long term gain of course).

Richmond have also added Prestia and Caddy, who are good players which really strengthens their midfield which is a weakness of ours.

I'm not interested in winning a dozen games a year and sneaking into the 8 with a list full of has-beens/experienced players who aren't talented but keep us competitive (seen a few of these years)
It ain't going to win us a flag and won't set the team up for ongoing success - just yo-yoing between 6th and 14th
Not looking forward to the big losses and missing the finals again but ......

Am willing to back Brendon in (as long as we do see green shoots) - just might not watch as many replays

Obviously the media will be into Brendon at times this year.
If we have a poor year in the Win/Loss column when do you think the media will try to create a story about the coach?

Early after a poor start 0 Wins 6 Losses?
Mid Season break - they will trot out the mid season report as all piss poor journos do just to sell papers
Not this year - Buckley and Dimma will dominate the headlines early (after an upset win in Rd 1 & 7)
Next year - after another poor preseason (we obviously aren't chasing wins)
Next year - if we aren't knocking on the door of finals

I'll be attending Friday's JLT .

Afterwards I shall let all know exactly how many games we will win in 2017 and the margins.

You're welcome.
Can you do my tips for me? Haven't won a cent since '95.

no probbos.

Did you want to win by a big margin or just win so it doesn't look suss.?
Me not tipping the Blues will look suss, may as well go the big margin.

TIA

Bolts has repeatedly used the term 'exposures' instead of 'exposure' in multiple answers on the AFL's Facebook page, and it's genuinely upsetting me.

Quick summary:

- McKay, Silvagni and C.Curnow are on the fast track, but also hinted that they may find themselves in and out of the side at times (seemed to be in relation to fitness as much as anything)

- Likes to be encouraging with young players, be positive about the small steps of progress that they make in their development (as opposed to tearing them down for mistakes)

- Murphy has had a great pre-season, will predominantly play midfield (question was asked about him playing in defence)

- Developing our young forward line will be the springboard for increasing our scoring capacity over the next few years

- Long term plan with Weitering is for him to be a swingman, and he expects him to play up forward at times this year, but will be mindful of throwing him around too much given he is still developing

- Bulldogs success with rebuilding/development extends from giving opportunities to young talent when it helps to extend their development

- While pointing out they need to develop physically, he enjoyed Macreadie's game on the weekend, and liked what he saw from Polson and Fisher; thinks SPS uses the ball well, and is hoping to see them in the side throughout the year

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like BB , I just question why a Dale Thomas is consistently selected when he offers nothing positive to the team on match day, and contributes to plenty going the other way.

That he is no longer AFL standard yet gets a game ahead of guys who at least try to put the team before themselves and - who knows - may have something to contribute to the long term prospects of the list, is the only black mark I have against our new coach. I just don't get it, and I wish someone would explain it so I can at least understand reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back