Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
L O O O O O O O O O N G

T E R M

P L A N.

Have some perspective people. We are the Suns and GWS a few years ago WITHOUT the draft concessions.

ALL our kids look good.

It takes time.

Agree - Don't forget it was only 3 or so years ago Melbourne were beaten by 148 pts by Essendon.

We could have played Kerridge, Thomas, Jones etc tonight and still been beaten by 60 points - which would we prefer.

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Round 1 is just that.

Rounds 2 and 3 - Bolts out coached his opposite number.

Rounds 4 and 5 - Bolts out coached.

Learning just like his players, he'll analyse himself harder than anyone on here. That I know as fact.

*his pressers are starting to s**t me just a little mind you but he loves staying on message.

Blue For Life

Senior List
May 15, 2015
Dandenong
AFL Club
Carlton
Round 1 is just that.

Rounds 2 and 3 - Bolts out coached his opposite number.

Rounds 4 and 5 - Bolts out coached.

Learning just like his players, he'll analyse himself harder than anyone on here. That I know as fact.

*his pressers are starting to s**t me just a little mind you but he loves staying on message.
Keeping to the message set from day 1 and sticking to the plan.
That's what we want and I hope we never get off track.

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Agree - Don't forget it was only 3 or so years ago Melbourne were beaten by 148 pts by Essendon.

We could have played Kerridge, Thomas, Jones etc tonight and still been beaten by 60 points - which would we prefer.

Go another step and play Mckay, Kerr and Cuningham.

Cripps17

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Keeping to the message set from day 1 and sticking to the plan.
That's what we want and I hope we never get off track.
It's one of the few occasions where the club has a chance to address a large portion of the supporter base, and the message has already been delivered ad nauseam.

He's not addressing the players and it's not as though he is saying anything insightful or new - the youth rhetoric is always the first card used to delay criticism for poor performances.

I didn't have a problem with it year one, but given our poor membership numbers the club may do well to give supporters something more insightful given finals are some way off.

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
It's one of the few occasions where the club has a chance to address a large portion of the supporter base, and the message has already been delivered ad nauseam.

He's not addressing the players and it's not as though he is saying anything insightful or new - the youth rhetoric is always the first card used to delay criticism for poor performances.

I didn't have a problem with it year one, but given our poor membership numbers the club may do well to give supporters something more insightful given finals are some way off.
Not to mention a lot of the questions were loaded and looking for an angle to make us look worse.
Rucci in particular was loading his questions with assumptions but Bolton straight batted him well.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Keep the long term view. Change now and we will never make it back to the top in terms or results and/or membership.

IMO what Bolton and Co are doing is right

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
No use making promises or panning out how things are going to look through rose coloured glasses. We have been told what they are doing and they are doing it. It's not everyones cup of tea to go and watch young kids learn their trade as it can be frustrating. Unfortunately, for the club, supporters love winners, so membership will rise as the win ratio increases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton and Carlton need 100% support now - when it matters. This year and next is bout getting the young players fit enough and experienced enough to play QFL for 4 quarters. Any older players are there to support the mission and that is it.

Bolton and Carlton need 100% support now - when it matters. This year and next is bout getting the young players fit enough and experienced enough to play QFL for 4 quarters. Any older players are there to support the mission and that is it.

Pleasing to listen to Bolton on Saturday when he was asked whether the board/admin support him and talk to him.

Bolton replied with something like: "Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I've had calls from MLG, Trigg and Kernahan (?) already this morning, acknowledging their full support of me."

Now, we should always be ready to change tack, but we just don't want to see a distancing of coach and board as we did with Malthouse, again.
What a mess the CFC made for itself there.......and again....as it did with Ratten, Rogers......it cost us money.....money we don't have.

Pleasing to listen to Bolton on Saturday when he was asked whether the board/admin support him and talk to him.

Bolton replied with something like: "Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I've had calls from MLG, Trigg and Kernahan (?) already this morning, acknowledging their full support of me."

Now, we should always be ready to change tack, but we just don't want to see a distancing of coach and board as we did with Malthouse, again.
What a mess the CFC made for itself there.......and again....as it did with Ratten, Rogers......it cost us money.....money we don't have.

We are in the middle of a 66 game rebuild... surely they (the carlton oligarchs) expect a couple of lean seasons there?

We are already a better side - and our forward is evidence of that as we are scoring much higher than we were last year (port game aside).

We are in the middle of a 66 game rebuild... surely they (the carlton oligarchs) expect a couple of lean seasons there?

We are already a better side - and our forward is evidence of that as we are scoring much higher than we were last year (port game aside).

I'm happy to be smacked in the mouth here, but when someone has shown me their colours, I don't forget.

Will take a couple of years yet where I for one, will be happy to lend my 'faith'. That's not my fault. Someone took me there.

Carlton CEO Steven Trigg defends clubs youth policy..

Carlton coach Brendon Bolton has been given the green light to continue blooding youth, as list manager Steven Silvagni heads to the United States to study cutting-edge recruiting methods in the NFL.

Good read and may belong in the Media thread....but it is, sort of about Bolton.

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Keep the long term view. Change now and we will never make it back to the top in terms or results and/or membership.

IMO what Bolton and Co are doing is right

As one small indicator, my 19 year old daughter has always been a Blues fan but I can tell you she is now really engaged with the Blues and really excited by all the young players.

Dare I say, guys like Charlie Curnow, Marchbank and Polson have the girls swooning. The team is becoming cool again and hopefully this will start to gradually reflect in the membership numbers (although a few wins wouldn't hurt !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back