Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cripps Nubake

Senior List
Sep 19, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't believe people have a problem with bolts repetitive messages. I'll take "green shoots" and "equilibrium" any day over how malthouse used to represent the club. You can find a million examples, but I'll post one just to compare night and day. Total disrespect to Richo.

Thanks goodness that era is behind us, and the culture of the club has turned a compete 180.

Bolts is just the ultimate professional. It doesn't matter what cleches he says to the media, it's what he is saying internally that matters. And as shown in the journey documentary, he knows how to get his message accross to the players.

How fortunate we are to have a coach treat everyone with respect. even if the media doesn't deserve it all the time. He embodies everything we stand for as a footy club. Ripper bloke and terrific leader and mentor. That's who we want taking us to our next flag.

Enjoy the ride peeps, because as bolts says: "we're going all the way to the top" :)

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't believe people have a problem with bolts repetitive messages. I'll take "green shoots" and "equilibrium" any day over how malthouse used to represent the club. You can find a million examples, but I'll post one just to compare night and day. Total disrespect to Richo.

Thanks goodness that era is behind us, and the culture of the club has turned a compete 180.

Bolts is just the ultimate professional. It doesn't matter what cleches he says to the media, it's what he is saying internally that matters. And as shown in the journey documentary, he knows how to get his message accross to the players.

How fortunate we are to have a coach treat everyone with respect. even if the media doesn't deserve it all the time. He embodies everything we stand for as a footy club. Ripper bloke and terrific leader and mentor. That's who we want taking us to our next flag.

Enjoy the ride peeps, because as bolts says: "we're going all the way to the top" :)

God Malthouse was cringeworthy...couldn't stand watching his interviews.

Even in pre-game interviews he'd annoy me with his way of speaking...really slow with pauses and just the things he said.

Then post-game was even worse with him being really prickly and pissy all the time snapping at reporters...not exactly engaging and something that made you proud to be a Carlton supporter.

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
The disrespect to Richo was wrong but there's no coach who wouldn't have been ropable after that Hawthorn match and possibly the most blatantly one sided umpiring display in living memory. At the time I was glad MM was going in to bat for the players.

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd be happy to match last years output with a younger side, while banking pick #2 instead of pick #5.
To be honest, I didn't think we would be playing as young as what we have been. Exposure to youth and then pick 2 at the end of it will suit us nicely. Not confident of winning any more than 2 more games for the year with the amount of inexperience we have but I'm loving how the youngsters are getting quality exposure and not floggings.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
To be honest, I didn't think we would be playing as young as what we have been. Exposure to youth and then pick 2 at the end of it will suit us nicely. Not confident of winning any more than 2 more games for the year with the amount of inexperience we have but I'm loving how the youngsters are getting quality exposure and not floggings.
I can see anywhere from 2-5 more wins, but realistically probably the lower end of that.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd be happy to match last years output with a younger side, while banking pick #2 instead of pick #5.

Agree that would be just fine and give us a fine young prospect. Stephenson or Fogarty , LUD or Brander as a tall.
All quality prospects ar this stage , I'd prefer Jaiden Stephenson the most natural talent of the draft. We need good Footy IQ and X factor the lad has it in spades, he and SPS could truly be an amazing combination.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree that would be just fine and give us a fine young prospect. Stephenson or Fogarty , LUD or Brander as a tall.
All quality prospects ar this stage , I'd prefer Jaiden Stephenson the most natural talent of the draft. We need good Footy IQ and X factor the lad has it in spades, he and SPS could truly be an amazing combination.
Stephenson will be ready to go from Round 1 next year. Played some TAC Cup as a 16 year old late in 2015 & looked as good as the 18 year olds. The only question I would have is whether he spends enough time in the midfield, given we definitely need to bolster our midfield with more high end talent.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Incredibly sincere, goes straight to the point and suffers no fools.

His language has become more and more succinct. Less words but more power behind each one..........I like that.
As a coaching team our guys deserve credit for the way Cuningham, Graham, Lamb and now Jones have been set targets in the reserves met them and been given opportunities. Some will go on with it and some won't but it just feels like their is a clear pathway outlined.

dirk pitt

All Australian
Nov 26, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
As a coaching team our guys deserve credit for the way Cuningham, Graham, Lamb and now Jones have been set targets in the reserves met them and been given opportunities. Some will go on with it and some won't but it just feels like their is a clear pathway outlined.
What's noticeable now is that when they get their opportunity now they come in and perform. We seem to have broken that endless cycle of promoting guys only for them to put in a VFL quality game.

Getting the 'you're ready' nod from Bolts seems to mean something to these boys.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Malthouse was the best thing to happen to this club, removed the historical messiah complex of 150 years.

And we got this bloke, reckon when he gives a player a cuddle he's in their ear with choice words that snap the player out of feeling sorry for them self.

You can just tell he's a good teacher, give em a cuddle but a subtle kick in the arse. Just listen to his press conferences, especially today's when talking about Liam Jones.

P_Crippy

Club Legend
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Who was the main man at Carlton who got/wanted Bolton Blues fans?
Reminds me of Dunstall getting Clarkson across the line at Hawthorn all those years ago.
Really starting to look like an inspired move.
A plan, master communicator and teacher.
Carlton looks a happy club again from the outside....
Juddy and Ange Postecoglu.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back