Brendon Fevola Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Club Comes Calling After Fev

If we could get the whole year out of Fev that'd pretty much guarantee us at least a grand final spot but its a big if.....
Still don't think it would be the smartest idea but my stance has softened somewhat as next years Flag won't be easy.

^^^^good post Beast.....Don't get me wrong Fev is probably a cancer...But the guy can PLAY!!....And we need to win flag's NOW:D

This last page or two is EXACTLY what I mean.

Just the rumour that he may be coming to the club and we have supporters at each others throats!

This is what Fev brings to a club, divisiveness and recriminations, sure he can kick goals but as others have said we already have 2 - that's 2 - power forwards.

We don't need him except for some b/s maybe fairyland.

We certainly don't need his b/s.

I think the Saints... and the delay in announcing anything is due to the coaching situation

Yes, Brownlow night, the night which officially ended his career at Carlton through sexually assaulting a female journalist. You think TFS is responsible for that?

Yeah and Beams and McCarthy gang raped a girl you know?

...oh wait...:rolleyes:

I hope its us, could have himm at ff for the long kick into 50 to counter the press everyone is copying, cloke, dawes lead up fev in the goal square?

w***er of a bloke but awesome footballer(esp @ collingwood)yes please......

Collingwood,just what do all you suggest we will lose,
If fev stuffed up,it will be the same press conference,same red face,and same shame,just minus mick malthouse.
Collingwood will still be there,and just as strong,football life goes on.
We wont lose that much,just alot of media attention,not needed,no different to didaks adventures,shaws betting encounters,tarrants wild days,krakeour's prison time,wellinghams driving trip,
We deal with it,and get over it,
I ask myself this,would i like to see scarlett do what he did to us grand final day,hell no,would i like to see lonergan keep cloke goal less after half time again,s**t no,would i like to see dawes come of age more,you know it.
Is fev the answer,no,but it will help with our foward structures.
Releasing and helping alot of others out.

Everyone makes mistakes,some of us more continuous than the other.
This guy fevs mistakes,wouldnt even be noticed,if he wasnt a AFL player.
None of us wouldnt care.
Going to brisbane,obviously fuelled the addiction more,than the public eye could see.
Its a massive risk,i find myself thinking well if he goes to another team,and has an ok season bagging maybe 50 goals.
Id take that.
Collingwood dont have a consistant 5 goal a game foward,its an even spread,in fevs hey day,he average maybe 3 minimum.
Its a huge risk,and one id love to see taken.

A lot of the talk is about what he will potentially do to us off-field with the assumption his on-field stuff is a given, but is it really? I heard his VFL was pretty good as of late, can anyone who's seen him recently predict what his AFL form might be like?. Even when he was in his prime the thing that really made me laugh as an opposition supporter was when he got the sulks during games and went missing. All it seemingly took was a few bad umprire calls or a defender getting on top of him and he just gave up mentally. As a Collingwood player that sort of thing would make me rage big time.

The guy is Toxic and in all likelihood would cause some of our sponsors to reconsider their partnership with us or even worse it may cause some to go elsewhere.

The risks are far too great.

I doubt any club is considering him with the call to his Manager being a figment of someone's imagination.

How on earth can fev be overlooked. We should get him. If he pisses his chance up the wall, piss him off. No brainer! Your prefrontal cortex is fully developed at 30. Imagine, fevola and fasolo together. Woweeee

I don't think I've got my head in the sand at all....The guy can PLAY you don't understand that Ed?Get your miniature violin out and play me a tune:p
He can kick goals, that's about it. He's 31 in January, he has little to no defence, he has no tank, he doesn't tackle, he gives up in chases, but sure, he can kick goals. The only thing he'd provide would be back up. Baggage that up with everything else, not worth the risk.

Yeah and Beams and McCarthy gang raped a girl you know?

...oh wait...:rolleyes:
I know what you're saying but have a look at all the things Favola has been a part of, and that's only the things that's been shown up in the media:

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=108140

Anyone who says this guy won't screw up is covering their eyes and ears. I'm usually all for giving a guy a chance to prove himself but Fev has had way too many chances and he's still messing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing I can't get past here is Buckley. I'm sure Eduardo might be willing to countenance this, but Bucks?

He hated Fev back-slapping Saints players after a Carlton loss, and that was well before TFS Brownlow, window pissing, the Brisbane fiasco and the recent mad Monday spectacular. I just can't see it, even if it were possible to tether Fev to contract conditions and minimum wage.

Great player, still. But it just seems an extraordinary claim. Think Ricky and Fev might be flying a kite.

I know what you're saying but have a look at all the things Favola has been a part of, and that's only the things that's been shown up in the media:

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=108140

Anyone who says this guy won't screw up is covering their eyes and ears. I'm usually all for giving a guy a chance to prove himself but Fev has had way too many chances and he's still messing up.

I'm not saying Fevola hasn't done wrong, but a rumour about a sexual assault isn't one of the things you can use to put a black mark against his name. You are talking as if the sexual assault is just a given, when it's anything but.

Mick Gatto was going to make Dayne Beams sleep with the fishes a week ago too remember?

I'm not saying Fevola hasn't done wrong, but a rumour about a sexual assault isn't one of the things you can use to put a black mark against his name. You are talking as if the sexual assault is just a given, when it's anything but.

Mick Gatto was going to make Dayne Beams sleep with the fishes a week ago too remember?
The thing with Fev is that it's a common pattern. If something continually pops up there is usually truth to it (like Ben Cousins). Considering how many people were upset about it especially on Brownlow night, just because they didn't go on to press charges doesn't mean nothing happened. I'd say the amount of times he messed up and then it was covered up would be quite large too.

Same thing goes with Beams. I don't know how true this Gatto stuff is but how many times do we hear things about Beams? It's not to the level of Fev but it is a worry and would anyone be surprised if down the track we end up trading him?

But going back to Fevola, why would we intentionally trade him in when we know he has a really bad history of not just messing up, but messing up with people around him? People are mentioning Beams and Shaw too, do we want to add Fevola to that? We traded out Tarrant because he was a problem. I'd be surprised if we made a play for Fev and I don't think it'd go well if we did.

The thing with Fev is that this time around he can be kicked out just as quickly as being invited in. Would not be huge ongoing damage if he stuffed up.

A coleman medallist for 70k in his first and say 130k in his second year? Helps us with our cap and we get a player we know is capable of kicking goals.

How on earth can fev be overlooked. We should get him. If he pisses his chance up the wall, piss him off. No brainer! Your prefrontal cortex is fully developed at 30. Imagine, fevola and fasolo together. Woweeee

AWESOME!!!!

..let his talent go to waste at Collingwood

GET THE FEV!

I know bulldogs, North, Saints and Essendon have said they don't want him.

Carlton would not touch him seeing as it might result into players walking out if he were to return!

Melbourne said all year they dont want him.

Geelong aren't in Melbourne so....

Hawks just got Gunston, you think they couldnt fit him in.

Leaves us and the Tigers you would think

Tigers got cousins in a similair situation... but i srsly doubt anyone will take him

My god this is going to drag on for ages, as the draft isn't until November 24th, but if Fev is to be taken as a mature aged rookie, I don't think he'll be drafted till December 13th (Pre season and rookie draft day).

I'd love the club to just come out and say yes or no, they obviously know what their decision is on him already, surely it's in everyones' interest that if we intend to pick him up we say so before we resume training and go to Arizona.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back