Brendon Gale OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches box. fully stocked bar & canteen.

View attachment 1999764
Love these pictures of the Local and Country Football Grounds and Clubs and their towns...
Really ought to have a separate thread started for pics to be shown for the BF community to have a sticky beak with...
A little bit of the Game's history to be recorded!

Yze said

when we've got everyone available we can be competitive. ...."

injury list last week

Mykelti Lefau (jaw), TBC
Jacob Bauer (quad), TBC
Sam Naismith (suspected ACL), TBC
Rhyan Mansell (concussion), TBC
Liam Baker (corked leg), test
Dylan Grimes (back), test
James Trezise (concussion), test
Sam Banks (concussion), test
Seth Campbell (knee), 1 week
Jack Graham (hamstring), 1 week
Jacob Hopper (hamstring), 1-2 weeks
Tim Taranto (wrist), 2-3 weeks
Tom Lynch (hamstring), 3-5 weeks
Jack Ross (foot), 5-7 weeks
Maurice Rioli jnr (ankle), 7-9 weeks
Liam Fawcett (back), TBC/long-term
Mate Colina (back, TBC/long-term
Josh Gibcus (ACL), season
Judson Clarke (ACL), season
Oliver Hayes-Brown, playing VAFA

I noted we beat the Swans with more or less Yze''s best 22. Tom Lynch being the big loss over the last 1.5 seasons
Many still over looking this both media and our own supporters.

A last one of country footy. Today, Indigenous Round up here too. Funnily enough (Burleigh) Bombers vs (Tweed) Tigers. Bombers won the 2nds game.
A sign that ex player, Kevin Sheedy's idea has travelled far. One Tweed Tigers' player has 3 daughters who are all mad footballers. She did the welcome to country. Just noticed Royce Dusty Martin No. 4 & Kevin (Combo) Morris Nom 38.
1000002992.jpg

Last edited:

https://www.tigertigerburningbright...tthews-recycling-and-this-saturday-afternoon/

"Also, if it is true he has backed Simon Matthews as his successor, in my reckoning, that’s a misjudgement. I think the club could do much better, I know it could"

"But the great disappointment is this: our club was unable to do what Geelong and Sydney have done, find sustained success"

I agree with a lot of what Dugald Jellie has said.

It feels like we are making the same mistakes of the past...

https://www.tigertigerburningbright...tthews-recycling-and-this-saturday-afternoon/

"Also, if it is true he has backed Simon Matthews as his successor, in my reckoning, that’s a misjudgement. I think the club could do much better, I know it could"

"But the great disappointment is this: our club was unable to do what Geelong and Sydney have done, find sustained success"

I agree with a lot of what Dugald Jellie has said.

It feels like we are making the same mistakes of the past...
Disgruntled Dugald . Bitter Bard of Bridge road. Lord of Lennox st offers his grumpy 2 bobs worth.

Caroline Wilson, in her way, endorses Simon Matthews, and of course she does. Theirs is a relationship of mutual benefit. They mix in the same circles, part of football’s inner club, an elite, scratching each other’s backs, looking out for their own.

For coaches (Dimma and his “four walls”), for administrators like Simon Matthews, I was someone to be wary of. Football clubs pretend to embrace the crowd – talk of the 19th man, the ‘Tiger army’ – but often it’s no more than a stance. They employ people to engage with the crowd, trying to manage what essentially is

Writer Konrad Marshall was invited into the club – good luck to him – and enjoyed the windfall of a few best-selling books. But ask this, if you’ve read what we wrote: was he generous enough to acknowledge what I was doing – what we were doing – what no club had done before? Did the crowd, and all the stories we entwined, have any role in finding on-field success?
Dimma jumped ship, has got himself a nice pay cheque up north, further feathered his nest, as is his entitlement. He was always cautious of me; that is his nature.
I sat beside Peggy O’Neal at a luncheon in the week after we won in 2017, as the whole city seemed to celebrate with us, and I asked her how she got involved. Through money, she said. Throw money at a club, and it gets you a place on the table. And one day that got her to the head of the board, and then an AO, and now a plum job as the chancellor of RMIT university, on a salary upward of a million a year.

Lawyers, they’re good at leveraging.
Benny Gale is off to Hobart. Back home, of sorts. A nice gig, and it suits his career trajectory, and I admire Brendon Gale, and he knows it, and I’ve said it, but I’ve always harboured doubts, and sometimes voiced them. It’s frustrated me that he’s never left his seat up high at the game and come and joined the crowd.

Simon Matthews once put me in my place, admonished me, lied to me. He insulted my integrity, my character. In doing so, he also insulted my family, and all who I’d written about, all what I was trying to do, what I believed. He insulted us all. And he did it in a way that I recognise, that has all the hallmarks of a bully, of a boor.

Last edited:
Disgruntled Dugald Jelly. Bitter old man. Bard of Bridge road. Lord of Lennox st offers his grumpy 2 bobs worth.

Caroline Wilson, in her way, endorses Simon Matthews, and of course she does. Theirs is a relationship of mutual benefit. They mix in the same circles, part of football’s inner club, an elite, scratching each other’s backs, looking out for their own.

For coaches (Dimma and his “four walls”), for administrators like Simon Matthews, I was someone to be wary of. Football clubs pretend to embrace the crowd – talk of the 19th man, the ‘Tiger army’ – but often it’s no more than a stance. They employ people to engage with the crowd, trying to manage what essentially is

Writer Konrad Marshall was invited into the club – good luck to him – and enjoyed the windfall of a few best-selling books. But ask this, if you’ve read what we wrote: was he generous enough to acknowledge what I was doing – what we were doing – what no club had done before? Did the crowd, and all the stories we entwined, have any role in finding on-field success?
Dimma jumped ship, has got himself a nice pay cheque up north, further feathered his nest, as is his entitlement. He was always cautious of me; that is his nature.
I sat beside Peggy O’Neal at a luncheon in the week after we won in 2017, as the whole city seemed to celebrate with us, and I asked her how she got involved. Through money, she said. Throw money at a club, and it gets you a place on the table. And one day that got her to the head of the board, and then an AO, and now a plum job as the chancellor of RMIT university, on a salary upward of a million a year.

Benny Gale is off to Hobart. Back home, of sorts. A nice gig, and it suits his career trajectory, and I admire Brendon Gale, and he knows it, and I’ve said it, but I’ve always harboured doubts, and sometimes voiced them. It’s frustrated me that he’s never left his seat up high at the game and come and joined the crowd.

Simon Matthews once put me in my place, admonished me, lied to me. He insulted my integrity, my character. In doing so, he also insulted my family, and all who I’d written about, all what I was trying to do, what I believed. He insulted us all. And he did it in a way that I recognise, that has all the hallmarks of a bully, of a boor.
Even if he is bitter or sour, he isn't wrong in a lot of what he is saying, I've heard many say on here their sick of promoting within. if Simon Matthews gets the CEO role, the club is a shambles look how well Meehan has worked out?

Even if he is bitter or sour, he isn't wrong in a lot of what he is saying, I've heard many say on here their sick of promoting within. if Simon Matthews gets the CEO role, the club is a shambles look how well Meehan has worked out?
The recruitment firm Transearch International will run the process while Tuesday’s board meeting will establish a subcommittee and a timeline for the search. O’Rourke, and vice president and corporate executive Henriette Rothschild, along with at least one external selector, will take part.

Last edited:
Technically Burge was in charge in 2021 when Dusty got injured. Astbury late, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards, Nank, Cotch, Mansell too.

2022 Burge: Soldo 13 games; Lambert 7, Grimes 15

Luke Meehan promoted to Physical Performance Manager 2023 season Strength and conditioning coach for 10 years.

How to evaluate RFC players condition. I guess we could look at which players played in 2023
Dusty back to great playing condition; injury prone Prestia, Grimes Graham, played the whole season. Cotch, Nank, Jack R most of the season. Tarranto all the season.

Season ending hamstring injury to Gibcus, Tarrant. Longer injury to kids. Campbell, Brown, Sonsie, Bauer

Hopper, 14 games?
Soldo 8
Lynch 3

Had the senior players available bar Lynch broken leg poor recovery. And given Lynch is the cornerstone to our fwd line and he can't stay fit might be the death knell for Meehan

Disgruntled Dugald Jelly. Bitter old man. Bard of Bridge road. Lord of Lennox st offers his grumpy 2 bobs worth.

With a lifetime experience in the corporate jungle I’ve learned to be wary of those with strong opinions, scratch beneath the surface and you’ll find one self serving agenda that is all about moi. They make it their life’s work to poison everyone’s opinion to support that self serving agenda . I know little of Matthew’s , have see bits and pieces of this blokes whimsical outlook on the fabric of footy , not sure it’s ever gonna have major cut through , looks like an axe to grind for mine

Just go thru the process like a professional outfit , like I’m certain we would and that includes reviewing internal candidates coz that’s what successful orgs do

Meehan' teams Round 2 2023:
RFC 3/5 fastest players on the ground
RFC 2/5 top average speed
RFC 4/5 maximum speed
RFC 2/5 for Total sprints Rioli with 30
RFC 2/5 top repeat sprints
Distance run RFC 281 Crows 288km
Sprints RFC 263; Crows 299

don't win every stat but win the game

Round 22 2023
RFC 3/5 fastest players on the ground
RFC 3/5 top average speed
RFC 4/5 maximum speed
RFC 2/5 for Total sprints Broad with 26
RFC 3/5 top repeat sprints Rioli 7
Distance run RFC 274 saints 276km
Total no. of Sprints RFC 288; Saints 270

win the running but not the game

Meehan's teams 2024
Ground zero
RFC 2/5 fastest players on the ground
RFC 1/5 maximum speed
RFC 4/5 for Total sprints Rioli with 23
RFC 1/5 top repeat sprints. Pickett
Distance run RFC 275 Suns 279 km
Total no. of Sprints RFC 255; Suns 217

Dreamtime
RFC 2/5 fastest players on the ground
RFC 5/5 maximum speed
RFC 3/5 for Total sprints Rioli with 31
RFC 2/5 top repeat sprints. Rioli 8 (Ryan's average speed 12.6km/h
Distance run RFC 297 Bombers 299 km
Total no. of Sprints RFC 333; EFC 298

I wonder if Daniel Jackson would be interested in the CEO role at Richmond bled for the club not some corporate lackey.

Is head of leadership & development at the Crows the first changes I would make is Jackson as CEO & make the call for Shane Edwards on the the recuriting the team under Chris Toce.

We need people we can trust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gale's catastrophe in house appointment, that is Luke Meehan Year 1, 2023, also delivered to the club a list where only 36 players needed were used. The best performing clubs use 34. 2 debuts Round 24 put the number of players used up.

Previous season RFC has use 37. 2021 we used 40 players. 2019 33 players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back