Universal Love Brendon Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

Really encouraging stuff from the CEO - would be hard for him like it is for most of us not to get upset with how the season is panning out but he does a good job to keep the emotion out of it and just focus on being rational and clear minded.

#StandByGale :thumbsu:

I'm actually not impressed with gale any more since he put his own selfish interests before the club by going for the top job (great f....kn message that sent )as for our president do we have one ? If hard wick gets the boot I want these two to go with him.

Im holding my nerve and backing in the club to fix the problems. 15 wins was no accident last year, we will sort it out and be a better club for the experience.

Was Frawley getting us to a prelim no accident either? Look how that turned out.

Was Frawley getting us to a prelim no accident either? Look how that turned out.
Do you really think the club is in the same position now as it was in in 2002?
Are we not financially sound now? We weren't in 2002. Do we not have state of the art training facilities (including a resurfaced Punt Road oval)? We didn't in 2002. Do we now have a fully staffed & professional recruiting department? We had you tube in 2002.
Are we not now responding to a setback calmly & rationally? In 2002 we just thought we were "cherry ripe" and it was all about "sticking fat" until "the cows came home".

I'm actually not impressed with gale any more since he put his own selfish interests before the club by going for the top job (great f....kn message that sent )as for our president do we have one ? If hard wick gets the boot I want these two to go with him.

Did he actually say in the media he wanted the top job? I can't recall him ever confirming his interest, just various media folks touting his name around.

Either way, he didn't get the job and you'd expect the position won't be open again for another 4-5 odd years at the least. At the end of the day, it's his career and if he has ambitions to progress then good luck to him. He's done a great job for us and like Gary March, he can say he left the club in a better state than when he first came across.

Just on Peggy, I can't recall her making any statements regarding the Hafey passing (unless I missed them completely?) My dad remarked on the weekend that it seemed like Gale was being the face of the club on the passing - at least with the media (not that you'd expect the President to remain silent on the issue given her position within the organisation).

I don't recall him ever putting his hand up for the "top job" NUFC Tiger . In fact I recall the opposite in him saying publicly (I'm pretty sure) that he had a focus firmly on the Tiges and a lot still to do at the RFC.

I don't recall him ever putting his hand up for the "top job" NUFC Tiger . In fact I recall the opposite in him saying publicly (I'm pretty sure) that he had a focus firmly on the Tiges and a lot still to do at the RFC.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well TJTIGER unless I've missed something - though surely if he did say publicly he wanted the AFL job, there would have been more of an uproar on these boards! :p

Yeah, that's what I thought as well TJTIGER unless I've missed something - though surely if he did say publicly he wanted the AFL job, there would have been more of an uproar on these boards! :p

True that! Plus I think the meeja would have grabbed it with both hands. Stuff like, wanted to leave the sinking ship etc etc

Do you really think the club is in the same position now as it was in in 2002?
Are we not financially sound now? We weren't in 2002. Do we not have state of the art training facilities (including a resurfaced Punt Road oval)? We didn't in 2002. Do we now have a fully staffed & professional recruiting department? We had you tube in 2002.
Are we not now responding to a setback calmly & rationally? In 2002 we just thought we were "cherry ripe" and it was all about "sticking fat" until "the cows came home".

So Frawley got us to 4th, a final win and a prelim with one hand tied behind his back. Meanwhile, Dimwit has all that at his disposal and we're playing like absolute garbage, have recruited recycled spuds, have 2 wins that were not convincing at all and our fitness is suspect not to mention this side is mentally weak. Looks like they're making the most of all that shiny stuff that they have at their disposal doesn't it? :rolleyes:

So Frawley got us to 4th, a final win and a prelim with one hand tied behind his back. Meanwhile, Dimwit has all that at his disposal and we're playing like absolute garbage, have recruited recycled spuds, have 2 wins that were not convincing at all and our fitness is suspect not to mention this side is mentally weak. Looks like they're making the most of all that shiny stuff that they have at their disposal doesn't it? :rolleyes:
It means that we are better placed to recover from a poor season is all - unless we revert to stereotype and just sack everyone!

Lol, if you are determined to be miserable about everything be my guest.

A wise man once asked me if I would rather be happy or right about something.

Most of the doomsiders around here are so determined to be right about how s**t we are they have cut themselves off from any positivity IMO.

I am just as gutted as everyone else here about how the team is travelling but I refuse to cut myself off from the good things going on at the club in some misguided attempt to be right about predicting another false dawn.

Lol, if you are determined to be miserable about everything be my guest.

A wise man once asked me if I would rather be happy or right about something.

Most of the doomsiders around here are so determined to be right about how s**t we are they have cut themselves off from any positivity IMO.

I am just as gutted as everyone else here about how the team is travelling but I refuse to cut myself off from the good things going on at the club in some misguided attempt to be right about predicting another false dawn.

Not at all, I'd give my left nut to be wrong and have us become a great side. I just don't see it happening with the current set up. I'm sick of false dawns, only to be let down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all, I'd give my left nut to be wrong and have us become a great side. I just don't see it happening with the current set up. I'm sick of false dawns, only to be let down.

Good to hear mate, Sydney went 70 odd years without a flag, Brisbane skinned Fitzroy and has worn it like a cheap suit ever since, Bulldogs 1954, Saints 1966 and about 26 spoons. We have had some false dawns but even if this turns out to be another one, it could be a lot worse :thumbsu:

So Frawley got us to 4th, a final win and a prelim with one hand tied behind his back.
Frawley got us to 4th, a win in one of the worst finals I've ever seen, and two 13-goal beltings, with a very seasoned and experienced team including Richo, Matty Knights, Wayne Campbell, Paul Broderick, Leon Cameron, Joel Bowden, Darren Gaspar, Benny Gale, the Kellaways, Ottens, Rogers, Torney and Ben Holland having the only good year of his otherwise worthless career. He then traded away our first pick in a superdraft and added Adam Houlihan and Paul Hudson.

The only coach we've had worse than Frawley in the last 25 years was the bloke he took over from.

3 0 75

****Failure****

Whatever you think of Gale, he like everyone else will need to answer the members on why we have failed all our objections.

I have massive issues with why investment stopped into what I and others were told at a fan forum was the most important aspect, the football department. There better be good reasons after our record profits......

Benny is the best thing that has happened to this club off field since before GR went mad.

Im holding my nerve and backing in the club to fix the problems. 15 wins was no accident last year, we will sort it out and be a better club for the experience.

This season is the first bump in the road we have encountered. Resilience in the face of adversity builds a better culture than pointing the finger of blame at a few.

We are facing the greatest test of our resolve as a club, as supporters, as players and as coaches. Benny is leading by example and is frankly, a shining light in this dark time.

So glad nepotism rules at AFL house. Would be a disaster to lose this man from our club.

I'm with you, Tiger. We are a tight, loyal club and all Yellow and Black people have lived through worse than this season. Onwards and upwards.

(We do have a few fruit loops who hang around the edges, by hey, with 60k members, we're bound to have a few exceptions to the rule.)

Good to hear mate, Sydney went 70 odd years without a flag, Brisbane skinned Fitzroy and has worn it like a cheap suit ever since, Bulldogs 1954, Saints 1966 and about 26 spoons. We have had some false dawns but even if this turns out to be another one, it could be a lot worse :thumbsu:
Didn't realise Sydney existed 70 years ago
Get fair dinkum if you believe Sydney is Sth Melbourne and Brisbane skinned Fitzroy
Keep having a lend of yourself bc you're not having a lend of me:eek:Sorry poor analogy

Last edited:
Happy with where Benny has placed us with his work off field. Don't need to here about on field as we already know whats going on there, it is a complete shambles at the moment. Hopefully Dimma & his offsiders can turn things into a more positive position by season's end & have us looking forward to next season with a bit of optimism.
As for Peggy, do not have an issue with her staying behind the scenes. As I would imagine that Benny & other officials would have known Tommy a lot more than what she did. As long as she is doing the work behind the scene's as is expected of a person in her position. I'm happy for Benny to be the clubs mouthpiece for anything related to off-field issues that may arise, as he is so good at this & the fact he get's his point across with not too much fanfare.

Didn't realise Sydney existed 70 years ago
Get fair dinkum if you believe Sydney is Sth Melbourne and Brisbane skinned Fitzroy
Keep having a lend of yourself bc you're not having a lend of me:eek:Sorry poor analogy

Turn it up mate.

Ironically you are only further underlining my point, Sth Melbourne is no more, Fitzroy the club is running around in the ammos while Brisbane runs around with FFC on the back of their jumpers.

How about you get fair dinkum and tell me how we have had it worse than the oldtime supporters of those clubs. If we ever become anything but the RICHMOND Tigers then you can sook all you like about how bad you have it.

3 0 75

****Failure****

Whatever you think of Gale, he like everyone else will need to answer the members on why we have failed all our objections.

I have massive issues with why investment stopped into what I and others were told at a fan forum was the most important aspect, the football department. There better be good reasons after our record profits......

If I'm not mistaken, our football department spend last season was only $3m shy of Collingwood (who had the most in the comp I believe).

If anything, we are spending the money not keeping it in our pockets.

Last edited:
I think people have overrated Benny Gale around here... let me firstly say that he has done a good job but lets not give this bloke a medal. Yeah we were in shambles off-field within the club, but with the supporter base the club has it wasn't that hard to turn it around. Everything he has done is the bare minimum you expect of a CEO. Again, I am happy with Gale but he is not the messiah most people make him out to be..

I think people have overrated Benny Gale around here... let me firstly say that he has done a good job but lets not give this bloke a medal. Yeah we were in shambles off-field within the club, but with the supporter base the club has it wasn't that hard to turn it around. Everything he has done is the bare minimum you expect of a CEO. Again, I am happy with Gale but he is not the messiah most people make him out to be..

Fair point DyerLegacy but to be fair, if it was so easy to turn everything around, why has it taken the better part of 30 years for someone to do it?

Under Gale's watch/administration, the club has gone from a basket case to a powerful club (financially) again. Yes we had the supporter base potential but just look at the commercial side of things, we struggled to get sponsors willing to associate themselves with a club with minimal success in the last 3 decades but have managed to strengthen ties in this area and are now pretty 'cashed up' with plenty of partners.

The club has become more professional than it has ever been and even if we fell short of the 3-0-75 target, the club has still come a hell of a long way in that time. I'd dare say with the possible exceptions of a handful of teams, every other club in the competition would envy the foundation the club has built for itself. Ask opposition fans/media experts and I'd dare say 9/10 would tell you that they'd happily have Gale at the helm of their club such is the regard he is held.

It isn't hard to turn a basket case into a viable organization in four years, same as it isn't hard to turn a basket case of a list into finalists in four years (forget this season please:oops:), it isn't hard to put together an elite list in an era of compromised and shallow drafts?
It's so easy this AFL caper that any Tom, Dick, Harry, Groupie_, deliberate, TigerImposter, sante, Tigerbob or me could do it!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back