Toast Brendon Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

Area51

All Australian
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Listen to Brendon at this presser for the Alannah and Madeline Foundation. We have the best in the business at Tigerland.

How he is not going to be chosen to be CEO of the AFL is blight on every single AFL commission member, a stain on all their houses.

I thought he got a little annoyed at the question from TBrowne but I like the way he just laid it out that the AFL is behind probably because of the Hawthorn stuff.

Liked how he said last year was a disappointing result.

The older I get the more I realise that politics is the cancer of our society. It eats away at the best of organisations and erodes careers of the best of people. I fear Benny Gale has become the victim of politics. By right, he should now be the AFL CEO but he has been undermined and blocked by ambition men in the central office fearful of their own careers or the degradation of their own legacies. If egos and self interest was put aside and people truly identified the person most likely to propel the game forward, Benny Gale would already be heir apparent.

But if isn't awarded the position through political manipulation then I will be more than happy to have the great man at Richmond's helm for as long as he wants to remain there. You're a star Mr Gale!

Make no mistake as I have mentioned elsewhere with my contacts. The umpiring farce will stop and we have some dirt and leverage on the AFL. Watch this space. We have plans in place 😉.
sauce

Make no mistake as I have mentioned elsewhere with my contacts. The umpiring farce will stop and we have some dirt and leverage on the AFL. Watch this space. We have plans in place 😉.
I really hope u have footage of someone ploughing Gill’s wife

What's the dirt?

Make no mistake as I have mentioned elsewhere with my contacts. The umpiring farce will stop and we have some dirt and leverage on the AFL. Watch this space. We have plans in place .

Are you serious? I would absolutely love it if you are correct. Anything to see the AFL brought down a peg or three.

If the AFL dont snap up Benny I half wish he would take up a role as boss of the Aleague or NRL just to see AFL head office s**t themselves and panic having let the best man slip through their fingers.
I would cream myself

would schaudenfraude hard on the afl /gill /shocking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL dont snap up Benny I half wish he would take up a role as boss of the Aleague or NRL just to see AFL head office s**t themselves and panic having let the best man slip through their fingers.

They'd become very competitive very quickly. Bit of a scary thought that one

There's no way the AFL appoint Benny as CEO. He is the most qualified (has all the tools) but it will be one of the boys club gets the gig. The AFL is a corrupt insulated boys club and Benny ain't in it.

There's no way the AFL appoint Benny as CEO. He is the most qualified (has all the tools) but it will be one of the boys club gets the gig. The AFL is a corrupt insulated boys club and Benny ain't in it.
Becoming increasingly hard to hide at least. One day soon there'll be a massive clean out and we can get the game back on the rails.
Would love to see a female get a gig at the top if not Benny. Goodbye boys club at the very least.

Knowing a few CEO’s around Benny’s age, they all say that around 10 years is long enough at the one organisation at that level. Firstly you have made the changes you want and got the desired results. If you haven’t got the results you probably never will. And secondly laziness creeps in and it can permeate through the executive.
Reckon regardless of AFL role Benny will move on in next 12-18 months.

Knowing a few CEO’s around Benny’s age, they all say that around 10 years is long enough at the one organisation at that level. Firstly you have made the changes you want and got the desired results. If you haven’t got the results you probably never will. And secondly laziness creeps in and it can permeate through the executive.
3-0-75 means he got the results; doesn't mean he can't put in a new set of goals to achieve though.

The older I get the more I realise that politics is the cancer of our society. It eats away at the best of organisations and erodes careers of the best of people. I fear Benny Gale has become the victim of politics. By right, he should now be the AFL CEO but he has been undermined and blocked by ambition men in the central office fearful of their own careers or the degradation of their own legacies. If egos and self interest was put aside and people truly identified the person most likely to propel the game forward, Benny Gale would already be heir apparent.

But if isn't awarded the position through political manipulation then I will be more than happy to have the great man at Richmond's helm for as long as he wants to remain there. You're a star Mr Gale!

Great post!

Becoming increasingly hard to hide at least. One day soon there'll be a massive clean out and we can get the game back on the rails.
Would love to see a female get a gig at the top if not Benny. Goodbye boys club at the very least.

I don’t know whether a female would have the nerve to lay down the law at AFL house.
I think they would consider appointing a female to the role, but only as a token figurehead and would not take a blind bit of notice of anything she wanted to do.

Right now I'd say that the RFC faces an entirely new set of challenges. If Benny stays he could develop a new strategy and challenge himself to recreate the club.
  • Long term financial sustainability - where the AFL loses its ability to control the RFC finances
  • Working out the hostility to the RFC from the AFL HQ. Behind the scenes work to transform the issues we face from the AFL controlled parts of the game
  • Rebuild the list with a new and more advanced drafting and development structures - i.e. challenge the club to work out how to play the game on another plane to the rest of the chumps in charge.
  • Build the AFLW into a powerhouse and get people watching it and being very passionate about the 'other' RFC team.
  • Work out a program to increase the Tiger army to the point that there is only one, then wide open space the the Weagles and Pies.
  • increase supporter interaction/feeling to be well above any other club.

Some of those are really hard to do; supporters and creating a whole new way of working especially.

But Benny should be AFL boss. that they've delayed it I suspect means that the Boy's club isn't getting its way. benny as the boss woudl meana major transformation in the game - and in a good way.

I don’t know whether a female would have the nerve to lay down the law at AFL house.
I think they would consider appointing a female to the role, but only as a token figurehead and would not take a blind bit of notice of anything she wanted to do.

plenty of woman would tear the joint a new one. Women at that level aren't shrinking violets that are easy to push around.

But the boy's club would only want someone they could control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back