List Mgmt. Brendon Goddard (ST KILDA RULED OUT POSSIBLE RETURN)

Would you want him at the Saints again?

• Yes

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaving aside the argument of weather to put BJ on the list, he'd be great for standards, development and ip. I'd like to see him at the club in some capacity, whatever that may be.
BJ, Lenny, Joey and Dal were the cream of the old crop and given the sh1t state of things we would want them all back.
Roo still casts too big a shadow, so he stays on the outer imo.

Anyone hear Roo's account of running into Cousins at a motel in WA recently?

Pretty confronting for Roo obviously and something you could tell he had very little experience
in dealing with! For all Rooey's wonderful qualities, you could just tell through his retelling
of this that as a captain he may well have had great difficulty dealing with any player
that posed a problem dealing with issues not in line with his professionalism!

Not a knock btw...Just the way it is!

Anyone hear Roo's account of running into Cousins at a motel in WA recently?

Pretty confronting for Roo obviously and something you could tell he had very little experience
in dealing with! For all Rooey's wonderful qualities, you could just tell through his retelling
of this that as a captain he may well have had great difficulty dealing with any player
that posed a problem dealing with issues not in line with his professionalism!

Not a knock btw...Just the way it is!
i think thats just the Ben Cousins effect .....
honestly its just a matter of time before he ends up dead this latests incident where he had the meth up his anus only for the cops to ask him to pull it out and he in turn shoved it higher up just shows he is beyond troubled ....

We've Carlisle.
dont mistake Jakes stupidity with the destructive live of Benny Cousins .... i reckon there would be a huge number of boys doing stupid things in their off time that would make heads spin but Ben is next level .. he is litterally homeless jumping from well wishing person to well wishing person burning them on the way..

i think thats just the Ben Cousins effect .....
honestly its just a matter of time before he ends up dead this latests incident where he had the meth up his anus only for the cops to ask him to pull it out and he in turn shoved it higher up just shows he is beyond troubled ....
Didn't know that!
That's f#cked up! Beyond troubled putting it nicely!

I know drugs can make you do some pretty messed up things.
But that's a whole new level of Horror that one!

Regardless of whether or not it's the end for BJ, watching the game last night I was reflecting and found myself thinking... getting rid of him for peanuts was a shocking move by the club. Haven't played finals since. I'd like to go back and ask Pelchan "why exactly are we letting one of our best guys walk from this club? So we can transition smoothly to the bottom of the ladder?" Well, we certainly did that.

He was 27 or so at the time. Wasted some of his best years with the Bombers down the bottom. A shame for him they couldn't make finals this year as they could have caused some upsets.

Personally I think we should try to get him back but it seems unlikely. But regardless, I hope we have learnt that you dont willingly usher your best players out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back