Toast Brendon Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem was the flawed strategy of the Pelican.
yes and no ... the strategy of building through the draft and maximising the chances at getting the best out of the draft is fine but the application of it is the real issue had we been doing this after the compromised drafts from a lesser position then we would have been much better for it .. i mean we lost possibly our top 3 player for pick 12 ... Melbourne on the other hand lost Frawley and got pick 3 ... timing and excecution is everything

yes and no ... the strategy of building through the draft and maximising the chances at getting the best out of the draft is fine but the application of it is the real issue had we been doing this after the compromised drafts from a lesser position then we would have been much better for it .. i mean we lost possibly our top 3 player for pick 12 ... Melbourne on the other hand lost Frawley and got pick 3 ... timing and excecution is everything
Free agency hasn't helped.

Free agency hasn't helped.
i agree ... looking back at it Free Agency has been a killer for us ... knowing what we know now and knowing how the picks would turn out giving up Goddard was certainly a terrible move for us, as i look at the deal and i look at the deals that have been done recently by other teams the fact we let BJ go for such a poor compo hand is possibly the worst decision in years never mind the fact we then flushed that compo down the toilet

i agree ... looking back at it Free Agency has been a killer for us ... knowing what we know now and knowing how the picks would turn out giving up Goddard was certainly a terrible move for us, as i look at the deal and i look at the deals that have been done recently by other teams the fact we let BJ go for such a poor compo hand is possibly the worst decision in years never mind the fact we then flushed that compo down the toilet
Part of the grand plan was to draft elite talent and then hit free agency. The latter has killed us because player movement hasn't eventuated as expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back