News Brendon Lade joins St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I can't see how losing our best coach in Kingsley and bringing in Lade is anything but crap for us. I hope I'm proved incorrect.
Which part of our gameplan did Kingsley excel in exactly? Hard to see anything we excelled in tbh.

Serious question

LMAO, when it comes to our club, our performance is a result of the head coach... but other clubs it's the assistant coach.
Not either/or, it's both/and. That's why it's called a coaching team.

Really not sure how fans can have an accurate view of assistant coaches. So many variables. Plus they may actually learn something and be better 2,3,4 years down the track.

A rubbish coach may be blessed with some smart talented players and be made to look good. And of course a good coach can be made look bad by players who won’t listen etc etc.

I have coached a lot of cricket and can tell you some people are not able to be coached. It might be their personality, the way they learn, pig headeness. Who knows? And then others a joy. Listen, take heed, put it into practice.

I think having some experienced guys who have been at a few clubs can’t hurt. We had too many guys that had been in the one place too long. I was always curious as to why Richo left the coaching team alone when he arrived and for the next few years. Need to turn them over. To refresh them if nothing else.

Yeah, I can't see how losing our best coach in Kingsley and bringing in Lade is anything but crap for us. I hope I'm proved incorrect.
well its all relative to how you look at it ....
the pessimist will see it as Lade in Kingsley oute ... the optimist will see it Lade in McPhee out .... considering the guys im expecting to come in the next few weeks i think its closere to Lade replacing McPhee then replacing Kingsley

What do you base it on that he is a good get ?
Was given the boot at Tigers when they said Dimma needed better support.
3rd club in 4 years not so sure about this 1
compared to who we had this year he is a huge improvment ... the fact he has been able to constantly get jobs at AFL clubs tells us that compared to the guys he is replacing who will go back to suburban coaching

Really not sure how fans can have an accurate view of assistant coaches. So many variables. Plus they may actually learn something and be better 2,3,4 years down the track.

A rubbish coach may be blessed with some smart talented players and be made to look good. And of course a good coach can be made look bad by players who won’t listen etc etc.

I have coached a lot of cricket and can tell you some people are not able to be coached. It might be their personality, the way they learn, pig headeness. Who knows? And then others a joy. Listen, take heed, put it into practice.

I think having some experienced guys who have been at a few clubs can’t hurt. We had too many guys that had been in the one place too long. I was always curious as to why Richo left the coaching team alone when he arrived and for the next few years. Need to turn them over. To refresh them if nothing else.
if you listen to David Parken talk about the 95 Carlton squad (now we all know they cheated with that list) he basically says that the players themselves and the list he had drove the standards and all he really did was keep them on task.... Ross lyon in a similar vein when he has a strong team with dedicated leaders pushng his cause he can take them deep into september but once he loses that team and he is dealing with guys not as committed he has little to no answer on how to get them going ....

if you listen to David Parken talk about the 95 Carlton squad (now we all know they cheated with that list) he basically says that the players themselves and the list he had drove the standards and all he really did was keep them on task.... Ross lyon in a similar vein when he has a strong team with dedicated leaders pushng his cause he can take them deep into september but once he loses that team and he is dealing with guys not as committed he has little to no answer on how to get them going ....
Yep. Empowering the players and equipping them with the right preparation is the ideal. Developing them to get to that point the trick. But luck can play a part. A coach being blessed with natural team leaders can be made to look pretty good!

Lade

Dunno huh, first thought was didnt he leave the tigs and they came good, so was he part of their cleanout?
Second thought was ports forward line hasnt look brilliant tbh

U know what...
* it, ECO, cant be any worse to what we are dishing up now surely

Ratts and banger coming back in would be rather sweet

Lade

Dunno huh, first thought was didnt he leave the tigs and they came good, so was he part of their cleanout?
Second thought was ports forward line hasnt look brilliant tbh

U know what...
**** it, ECO, cant be any worse to what we are dishing up now surely

Ratts and banger coming back in would be rather sweet
Lade is a ex- All Australian and would be good as a ruck coach , anyway he will be better than what we have had , Ratten coming in will be ok as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Kingsley ?.Rumors of him and head coach clash.Was in the running for 2 senior gigs before.Thanks for any input guys.

How's Kingsley ?.Rumors of him and head coach clash.Was in the running for 2 senior gigs before.Thanks for any input guys.
This year he was put in charge of our ball movement and transition.

If you have watched us at all this year, I think that says it all...

Quite genuinely, I think you will struggle to find anyone disappointed he is leaving. Good luck!

This year he was put in charge of our ball movement and transition.

If you have watched us at all this year, I think that says it all...

Quite genuinely, I think you will struggle to find anyone disappointed he is leaving. Good luck!
Or was he simply complying with stubborn Cho?

Footage of them in the box showed some tension at times before Cho became the bench warmer.

Was poor at the tigers. Was the main assistant and was so focused on the side ways gameplan. Also a huge ego apparently.

When he left us and went to port, it was no surprise there ball movement slowed. He is not all bad, as a ruck coach only he is really good but outside of that i was happy to see the back of him.

Was told by a Tiger mate that it was the introduction of Caracella that sparked the change of fortunes at Richmond

Was told by a Tiger mate that it was the introduction of Caracella that sparked the change of fortunes at Richmond

In part mate.

Neil runs all the outside stuff

Caracella is all about the ball movement and our patterns but works extremely well with the rest of the coaches. I give Hardwick his due as he learned a lot of what not to do in 16 and has done a complete 360. He used to lose his mind after a loss, now he talks about how we can get better. When we win, he shows the selfless things instead of just the goals etc.

Obvious reason we got Lade He lives in east Bentleigh. Clubs win flags with east Bentleigh coaches.

The man reappears. Missed your argumentative self, Pluggs.;)

Which part of our gameplan did Kingsley excel in exactly? Hard to see anything we excelled in tbh.

Serious question

Serious answer Playfair is the only assistant remaining of the 3, who happened to be defense. Our transition from the defense was the better of the three sections, when perhaps the key indications as to why ball movement & transition failed up the ground is the same reason we fired those coaches heading those sections and are looking for new ones.

As opposed to Kinglsey who spent 3 years as our forwards coach, then 4 as our midfield coach before then transitioning, so remind me, how did he go in 2011 through 2017 prior to this role change? Judgement on 1 year out of 8 not reactionary at all?

Serious answer Playfair is the only assistant remaining of the 3, who happened to be defense. Our transition from the defense was the better of the three sections, when perhaps the key indications as to why ball movement & transition failed up the ground is the same reason we fired those coaches heading those sections and are looking for new ones.

As opposed to Kinglsey who spent 3 years as our forwards coach, then 4 as our midfield coach before then transitioning, so remind me, how did he go in 2011 through 2017 prior to this role change? Judgement on 1 year out of 8 not reactionary at all?
Maybe :$
We've been crap for a loooong time too.

Over the years I've had many qualified teachers and lecturers.. Less than a handful of whom were awesome.
Fair chance the same applies to ex footballer assistant coaches and the bit of paper isn't always the answer.

Maybe :$
We've been crap for a loooong time too.

Over the years I've had many qualified teachers and lecturers.. Less than a handful of whom were awesome.
Fair chance the same applies to ex footballer assistant coaches and the bit of paper isn't always the answer.

Not at all saying he's awesome, saying the "he headed ball movement: WE'RE s**t" brigade are doing a bit of a disservice by potting the bloke on 1 bad year, even if the rest were mediocre and above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back