Recommitted Brennan Cox [OOC 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Played back because we already had 2 ruckmen up forward so hardly needed height. Not getting any better this week when Dixon should be back in either.

Granted. That said given Jones is a lost cause and i wouldn't rate Meek much further ahead of him if they needed to drop one so they could continue to develop Cox in his preferred position i bet they'd do it.

I would be surprised if they aren't at least 50/50 on where they see his future. Forward or defense....

Granted. That said given Jones is a lost cause and i wouldn't rate Meek much further ahead of him if they needed to drop one so they could continue to develop Cox in his preferred position i bet they'd do it.

I would be surprised if they aren't at least 50/50 on where they see his future. Forward or defense....
Back in his first season Ross said he thought his best football was in defense. Since then though, he has been excellent up forward in the AFL.

Would be better for Cox and Dixon when back for one of the rucks to go to ressies and it may happen.

For this season, if we get an injury to a key back then he is first in line to play there, so I'd rather he was training there.

But he is a great forward and I think in place of Taberner he might have kicked those missed goals.
If Logue gets fit it is not as dire. Kersten also being out is not ideal.

In terms of what hill was really worth it is, also when you factor in you pretty much traded mayne for him haha
To be fair to Mayne , he went on and played another GF with Collingwood.

Last edited:
No chance- besties with Luke ryan(well hawks supporters seem to think that's all that matters??)
Seriously though no chance Club and Ross rate extremely highly.
As has pointed out 2nd most talented kpf we have behind Hogan and can play back too
Tabs will go long before Cox does

No chance- besties with Luke ryan(well hawks supporters seem to think that's all that matters??)
Seriously though no chance Club and Ross rate extremely highly.
As has pointed out 2nd most talented kpf we have behind Hogan and can play back too
Tabs will go long before Cox does
Lachie Neale was your 2nd best mid who is also highly rated and he still left last year.

Do we have to do a list of our 2nd best somethings that didn't leave to point out how stupid that argument is?
I’d rather you don’t. But my point was more that the other person said that there was no chance he was going. How did you miss that point?

I’d rather you don’t. But my point was more that the other person said that there was no chance he was going. How did you miss that point?
I'm sure when he said "no chance" he didn't literally mean that it is not possible, more that it is so unlikely as to be negligible. So either you are just being pedantic for the sake of it or you generally believe Neale is a good precedent. I think you original point is at best unnecessary or at worst, daft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really isn't, Clubs should always do a trade if it makes their side better. Hawthorn trading Croad.
For sure but the player has to agree to it.
That’s the unknown.

Until players don’t have a choice where they go clubs are kinda of restricted on just what they can do.
The fact that it seems power is going further in the way of players makes it even hardet

Only 7 touches in yesterdays game.

Sustained an injury I believe? - didn't look that bad but just didn't get any shots at goal. 4 inside 50s and a few of his disposals put people in good positions and he had 1 direct goal assist (I thought he could have had more but one of them I think Taberner mucked up?). 3 one-percenters as well - on watching the game I thought he was better then the number of touches he had and it wasn't bad given he had just come back from injury either.

Although I can’t see him leaving, clubs like the Doggies, GWS, Essendon, Norf would surely all be circling. Can’t see it being a priority for either Adelaide or Port.

Although I can’t see him leaving, clubs like the Doggies, GWS, Essendon, Norf would surely all be circling. Can’t see it being a priority for either Adelaide or Port.
Not sure with Adelaide. They have some problems, and Walk is not having the impact he has in the past. They are killing GCSs right now, but they are heading into a period of change I think, and I could see them looking at Cox. Perhaps Geelong too if Kelly becomes a discussion point between the clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back