Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome mate!

Name: Brennan Cox
Position: Key defender
Height: 192cm
Weight: 91kg
Draft range: 30-40

Pub summary
Key defender from a basketball background, with good hands and reads the play well.

Strengths

• Intercept marking
  • Athleticsm
Weaknesses

• Work rate
  • Kicking
Overall

Cox comes from a basketball background and made the Under-20 South Australian basketball squad this year.

Like many players who grow up playing hoops, he reads the balls well and can find space. He has great hands and is also a good intercept mark.

While playing predominantly as a defender, he is incredibly athletic and versatile and can also move forward and kick the occasional goal, however, his kicking does need work.

He can also be inconsistent at times and need to work on maintaining a consistent work rate during matches.

Under-18 Championship statistics

Games: 4
Average disposals: 12.5
Total goals: 0
Average marks: 3
Average tackles: 1.7
Average clearances: 1.7
Average clangers: 0.5
Average contested possessions: 5.5
Average inside 50s: 1.2

477291-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Height: 193cm
Weight: 92kg
Position: Key forward
Club: Woodville West Torrens
DOB: 13 August 1998 (18)

Brennan Cox is from Woodville in South Australia, playing his junior football with Woodville West Torrens Eagles in the SANFL and local footy for Woodville South.

A 193cm versatile player, Brennan was named All Australian centre half-back at this year’s National U18 Championships, where he played for South Australia averaging 12.8 disposals and three marks a game. His defensive shutdown game on Vic Country’s Joshua Battle was a highlight of his tournament.

Cox showed his versatility playing as a tall forward with the WWT Eagles reserves, kicking 20 goals and just eight behinds over 11 games on the way to a grand final appearance.

Regarded as a strong contested mark, Cox took 13 contested marks at Reserves level. His strengths are his impressive athleticism with his 2.97 second 20m speed, big leap, agility, sidestep and evasiveness.

At the start of the year, Cox represented South Australia at the State U20 Basketball Championships. Cox plays with excellent awareness, time and composure, all of which are traits of his basketball background.

Cox has significant upside and could be developed to play a number of positions in the future.

Last edited:

I'm all for taking Logue, but I've been saying all year that we should take a kpf... Patrick Kerr was there for the taking and we took a defender... Alex Pearce, Sam Collins, Michael Johnson, Zac Dawson, Joel hamling, griffen logue, uubergang.... How many do we need?

I'm all for taking Logue, but I've been saying all year that we should take a kpf... Patrick Kerr was there for the taking and we took a defender... Alex Pearce, Sam Collins, Michael Johnson, Zac Dawson, Joel hamling, griffen logue, uubergang.... How many do we need?
Hamling and Pearce can swing forward if need be.

You only need 2-3 tall defenders...as long as there quality. This kid looked to have a pretty big wingspan/reach for the height?

Johnson and and Dawson will be gone in 12 months.

We won't need to draft KPPs for years to come.

Done

Rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many people bitched and moaned when we picked up Sandi?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back