Welcome Brennan Cox

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not much point focusing on goal kicking too much during training. As others have said it really is one of the few individual parts of our game and it'd be very hard for the forward coach's to have a real impact on the players when there's 40 of them kicking at goal. 1 on 1 would definitely be a bigger help and Brennan really doesn't need the other boys around to know how to get the ball through the big sticks. Yes his shots may be 'without pressure' but realistically a training drill won't ever create the same pressure as a match being on the line would and I don't think confidence was his issue, but simply a bit of a form slump in front of the goals.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like click bait, but makes me feel good about Coxy so I am all for it.

Definitely has a lot of talent though. If he is tracking to be as good as Curnow we have done pretty well for pick 41.

It doesn't make me feel good as I'm more of a realist

I do however rate Cox. I just cringe at player comparisons.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Charlie is a beast and demands the footy. He has that something about him which screams champion.

Cox is developing nicely and can be a gun in his own right but he's no Curnow.
Cox doesn't have Curnow's athleticism but he has smarts. He is going to make other players look good.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox has the potential to end up like Ben Brown. Really good in a workman like manner.

Curnow seems a bit more Rock-n-roll. Like he could be the next buddy or the next Fev. Who knows.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I view Cox as a big bodied forward. Like a Taylor Walker or Tom Hawkins.

He likes to use his frame to outbody opponents. Would like to see him develop his lead up style inside 50m.

He’s certainly a decent project and in 2-3 years would surprise me if he’s a 2 goals a game forward.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wish I had a big Cox.

You'd look silly, mightymouse

G3HKO.jpg

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
The funny thing about Cox, is he seems almost laconic... except you then see that he has run the second farthest of all players on the ground and realise that it really is just the way he plays. What is very clear is Cox has a high footy IQ, much like Fyfe and Cerra. He knows where to be, he knows how to position himself under the ball - which is why he wins so many contested marks, and he has clearly been working on his kicking.

I said Cox could be a star from his debut. The contested marking stood out instantly, and if a young player has that straight out of the draft, you have a hell of a lot to work with.

Future* star for FFC.

* current ;)

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox had another shocker but at one point he was chasing one of the Hawks player out the backline and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast he was. Didn't quite catch the Hawks player but it was the fastest I've seen him move.

Another preseason will help him out, hopefully next season he is switched on from the preseason and it doesn't take him 10 games at Peel before he full applies himself.

Hopefully we can have a somewhat sorted forward line fit and healthy for the start of preseason. More than anything they need to gel together, learn how to help one another, learn how to lead, make space, block, etc.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox had another shocker but at one point he was chasing one of the Hawks player out the backline and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast he was. Didn't quite catch the Hawks player but it was the fastest I've seen him move.

Another preseason will help him out, hopefully next season he is switched on from the preseason and it doesn't take him 10 games at Peel before he full applies himself.

Hopefully we can have a somewhat sorted forward line fit and healthy for the start of preseason. More than anything they need to gel together, learn how to help one another, learn how to lead, make space, block, etc.

Hopefully Taberner is there to help him out this week. Wouldn’t be against getting Cam back in too.
Resting ruck (let’s assume Jones)
Tabs
Cox
McCarthy
Walters

Looks Decent all of a sudden

Back