Welcome Brennan Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor guy suffering from lone tall forward in a Fremantle team-syndrome at the moment.

You can see the potential. Really looking forward to seeing how he goes with Tabs alongside him.

Still 19 so consistancy will be an issue.

He and tabs haven't played together this year yet. Which hopefully happens in the next month

Has improved heaps from last year especially his kicking depsite missing 2 shots yesterday.

Give the young bloke some slack. Won't really contribute to our forward line in any meaningful way until he's at least 21/22.

Cox has all the makings of a good player. On a better curve than Tabs and we all saw how he was at the start of the year. Get Tabs, Cox and McCarthy in the same forward line with Walters, Matera, Bennell etc around the place and our forward line will build to something good.

Cox is fine. He's shown over a good stretch of games that he can win a contest, take marks and kick straight. He's dipping because it's that time of the season for someone of his fitness and not having the best support in that stretch is finally taking it's toll too. On top of the possibility he's also carrying something minor.

He's made massive improvements on his 2017 playing and I'm sure next year we'll see it more consistently.

Why on earth are people heaping on Cox?

Hes a 19 year old key forward getting the oppositions best defender each week, hopefully Tabs gives him a reprieve from this on Sunday.

He has been playing exceptionally well for someone his age and with his current body composition. Clearly he looked shot on the weekend, i think he could do with a rest (just not this week).
We have ourselves a good one here.

I think we won't know for a few seasons with Cox. He has some good attributes but also needs to work on fitness, strength and kicking. Great to have him out there.

Why on earth are people heaping on Cox?

Hes a 19 year old key forward getting the oppositions best defender each week, hopefully Tabs gives him a reprieve from this on Sunday.

He has been playing exceptionally well for someone his age and with his current body composition. Clearly he looked shot on the weekend, i think he could do with a rest (just not this week).
Who has 'heaping' it on Cox? If anything he's protected species even against even minor criticism on here.

The last two or so weeks has only shown one thing with respect to this topic and that is we need two mobile marking tall targets (Jones despite trying hard doesn't count atm). Cox looked good when Apeness was down there but without him he was very much subdued. I'm not a betting man but if Taberner comes back in I expect one will kick a few goals. I'm still bemused that Strnadica didn't get a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox has some things to work on like every other player in the history of the game , he's not getting to as many contests the last few weeks not sure why I thought ESS was mostly by design but after a similar showing against HAW maybe not. He has set a few goals up for us this year and I think it's a good sign that he's not just a mark or bust like say a Casboult

He's probably going to be a set shot nightmare for us fans forever though

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a 19 year old key forward getting the oppositions best defender each week, hopefully Tabs gives him a reprieve from this on Sunday.

He has been playing exceptionally well for someone his age and with his current body composition.

Couldn't agree more.

On discussion: dont think anyone is actually having a go at Cox, more saying he's clearly tired but can't wait to see what he's like in a few years.
Slightly off-topic: Do yourself a favour a read Quigleys write-up off Cox in his phantom draft. The only guy who had him top 20 I think and nailed everything about him. Makes me sad I only started following the draft and BF closely after he stopped.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/quigleys-2016-draft-rankings.1152444/

On discussion: dont think anyone is actually having a go at Cox, more saying he's clearly tired but can't wait to see what he's like in a few years.
Slightly off-topic: Do yourself a favour a read Quigleys write-up off Cox in his phantom draft. The only guy who had him top 20 I think and nailed everything about him. Makes me sad I only started following the draft and BF closely after he stopped.

There is another draft watcher (can't remember who) who thought Cox was a steal at pick 40odd.

Stoked with that draft tbh... Logue - Cox - Ryan (all rated top 30 by Quigley) and Darcy. Boy oh boy wowee!

Haha...harsh on yourself.

I actually think it may have been an Eagles fan - don't think you fit the description.

Callum Twomey, Brett Anderson (SEN) and Gee Dub (a Port Adelaide fan) all picked Brennan Cox at pick 20. Emma Quayle picked him at 21.
There were a heap of phantoms with Cox in the early 20s, but no one as early as Quigley. Overall, he averaged 29, so you could say he drifted from the expected draft order to pick 41, unlike Sean Darcy who at pick 38 was taken much earlier than expected by phantom drafters.

Callum Twomey, Brett Anderson (SEN) and Gee Dub (a Port Adelaide fan) all picked Brennan Cox at pick 20. Emma Quayle picked him at 21.
There were a heap of phantoms with Cox in the early 20s, but no one as early as Quigley. Overall, he averaged 29, so you could say he drifted from the expected draft order to pick 41, unlike Sean Darcy who at pick 38 was taken much earlier than expected by phantom drafters.
Love the insight you give with your Phantom Draft evaluations.

Interesting. I bet those that had him low were put off by his casual looking manner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back